Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Default Why, Why, Why?????

Sorry for the vague subject line but I feel so defeated right now I have been going up and down the same pound for over two weeks now. Yesterday I was so happy because I was down .6 for the second day in a row! Then today I was up 1.2 lbs. I don't know how!!!! I was 100% OP. I feel like this is going so slowly for me. Next Wednesday will be two months and I have only lost 14lbs...8 of which were in the first week and a half. How am I ever going to get down another 30 by the end of December? What is wrong with me? Why is it dropping off everyone else around me but I sit here miserable looking at the food table knowing I can't have anything but why? I'm not losing anyway. Then I have a football party tomorrow that I am dreading since I cannot drink nor eat anything there...sitting there suffering for 4 hours. I try not to look at it that way but it's just how I feel. I really want to let loose and have some drinks. Ugh!
I am so sorry for venting. I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to about this. My mom is on the plan and is only 6lbs away from goal. I am so happy for her but so jealous too. I really want to give up...actually I really want to cry, which I probably would if I wasn't at work.
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe your program needs to be tweaked a bit? Possibly you aren't getting enough food so your body is hoarding?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Maybe your program needs to be tweaked a bit? Possibly you aren't getting enough food so your body is hoarding?
That's what we thought so I went on Meta Balance last week. I feel like I keep tweaking but nothing works.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

gish, I'm right there with you. If I didn't feel better overall by eating healthier I would have quit back in August. A couple of days ago I reviewed my journal from the days when I was losing and I'm trying to replicate those meals to see if that helps.

If you can afford it, you might see about having your thyroid level checked. Even though low metabolism is usually just an excuse to be overweight, in some cases it's true. My thyroid levels checked out fine, but I notice I'm not ravenous before meals anymore.

Surely this will get better for both of us.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #5  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i'm right there with you guys. granted i had a bad three weeks because of personal drama, but i've been back on track for at least two weeks now (more or less) and i haven't seen a single loss i think i'm going to unravel at weigh-in tomorrow because my encouragement is shot!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

I am sorry you are having such a hard time lately, I have been there and being on this program for 7 months and losing 58lbs. I should have been at goal back in June. I have resigned and am reaching the end of this in 10 days and am going to go to stabilization even though I have 18 more pounds to lose...I just will give stabilization a try. I figured what was slowing me down was salt, I completely stayed away from it and did not eat anything cooked or prepared outside my kitchen. I used to buy the grilled chicken salad from McDonald's and finally looked up the sodium in the grilled chicken and it was very high...i retain loads of water and it doesn't matter how much water I drink...i will retain it all and not lose weight.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there. I get frustrated too from time to time, especially when on program....what center has recommended I try now is increasing water--trying to get 50 oz by noon and then shooting for 80 oz versus 64; eating out less due to sodium; continuing to switch up things I eat at meals rather than same things all the time. Don't know if any of this is helpful but know you're not alone.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #8  

Well, I broke down on Saturday. I think the stress of personal problems along with work and a diet all got to me. Even though I was down 2lbs Saturday morning I cracked under the pressure that night and went to a football party and ate and drank to my hearts content. It wasn't planned...as I actually ate dinner so that I wouldn't feel the pressure so much when I got there. I just grazed all night, albeit a lot of veggies but also too many "bites" of dessert and a some other things not on program. So now I am back where I started, up the two pounds. But I am hoping that those two pounds are the sanity that I lost on Saturday! I am starting the week off strong. My goal is to be 100% OP the entire week...I am also aiming to eat fish every night to see if that helps. Thanks for everyone's words, I really needed it (and I guess still do). Thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #9  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I was going through the same thing with the whole eating the same stuff every day so I went to Walmart and I stocked up on all the different kinds of Mrs. Dash. I put some on the chicken I ate for lunch and YUM! Such a nice change to have chicken that tastes like something other than cardboard.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote