3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Milestone Rewards?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Milestone Rewards?

My center suggested I plan out some milestone rewards for myself to help motivate me towards staying on plan and on track. I began at 40 lbs with getting my hair cut/dyed and my 50 lb mark (that I just hit on Friday) is to get an hour massage! (My mom even agreed to pay for it!)

Here are the rest of my goals:
60 lbs (Painting ceramics day w/whomever wants to come along!)
70 lbs (New outfit! It has to be one that I feel cute and confident in.)
80 lbs (Buy a swimming suit! I will officially be in "one-derland" (under 200 lbs) right around this time and I figure I'll be willing to wear a new cute swimming suit at this point.)
90 lbs (Find a 5K charity run/walk nearby and do it! Hopefully I can convince others to come along.)
100 lbs (Spa day! Mani/Pedi/Massage/Relaxing... I can't wait!)

Have any of you done these types of rewards for yourself? If not, I highly suggest doing them! It really gives me an extra drive to push to that milestone. I'd love to hear other people's rewards!

One for each 10 lbs I've lost!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
changes4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 20

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Default

That is a great idea. I may have to try that. I just started and have not had an official WI other than at my consultation. I am going to be asked to be weighed today when I go pick up my next menu. Good luck with the rest of your weight loss goals!
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default

I am on board!!!

*Every 10 lbs=massage (144, 134).
*Stabilization=new Dr. Martins.
*Maintance=New Victoria Secret winter wool coat.

GREAT IDEA!!!
__________________



April Goal


Last edited by daizy hotrocks : 10-12-2009 at 04:46 PM.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Yay! I'm so glad to see that others are on board!

I love the idea of a massage at every 10 but I've already set mine so I'll stick with it. :smile:

I think my overall goal for hitting my goal weight (being 150 lbs is my goal for now) will be to get a data phone with internet access. I won't be paying for program any more and can probably afford one then! It will also help me keep track of calories at restaurants since I'll be able to look things up on online. Fun and functional!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

I just got my 40 lb haircut reward last night and oh my, let me tell you, the compliments today have felt SO good! I feel like a whole new person! I really needed this haircut to help stray away from the "old me" and welcome in the "new me." I really recommend these rewards to everyone b/c they make you feel SO great!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell View Post
I just got my 40 lb haircut reward last night and oh my, let me tell you, the compliments today have felt SO good! I feel like a whole new person! I really needed this haircut to help stray away from the "old me" and welcome in the "new me." I really recommend these rewards to everyone b/c they make you feel SO great!
Congradulations on hitting 40 lbs!!! Enjoy all of those compliments!!!
__________________



April Goal

daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Dolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 361

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default

daizy,

Just wanted to let you know that I ordered a wool coat from VS last week and it's on backorder until 10/28. You might want to put your order in soon. They're cute, aren't they?
__________________


Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
porchmom84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 375

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default

Great idea!

I think I'll do massage or something very pampering like that every 10 pounds....Love just thinking about it!
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

I'm getting my 50lb reward some time this week when I go in for my hour massage! I can't wait!

I'm about 1/3 of the way to my 60 (sitting at 53.5 lost right now) which is a day at ceramics painting with my friends. I think it will be so much fun AND I'll have a memento to keep marking the occasion!

I've been blessed with my monthly gift this week so I'm not sure how much I'll lose (water weight sucks!) but I'm trying really hard to hit that 60 mark by the end of the month!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Karen1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 485

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidwell View Post
My center suggested I plan out some milestone rewards for myself to help motivate me towards staying on plan and on track. I began at 40 lbs with getting my hair cut/dyed and my 50 lb mark (that I just hit on Friday) is to get an hour massage! (My mom even agreed to pay for it!)

Here are the rest of my goals:
60 lbs (Painting ceramics day w/whomever wants to come along!)
70 lbs (New outfit! It has to be one that I feel cute and confident in.)
80 lbs (Buy a swimming suit! I will officially be in "one-derland" (under 200 lbs) right around this time and I figure I'll be willing to wear a new cute swimming suit at this point.)
90 lbs (Find a 5K charity run/walk nearby and do it! Hopefully I can convince others to come along.)
100 lbs (Spa day! Mani/Pedi/Massage/Relaxing... I can't wait!)

Have any of you done these types of rewards for yourself? If not, I highly suggest doing them! It really gives me an extra drive to push to that milestone. I'd love to hear other people's rewards!

One for each 10 lbs I've lost!

OK, I am way to practical obviously... I have thought about rewarding myself with something for the weight loss at different milestones but it never seems to work out... I hate excuses but I always seem to have one as to why something isn't a good reward or why I shouldn't spend the money on it...
I really struggle with this and don't know why. Yes, I know I'm worth it but I never want to spend the $$ on these things b/c I always think there is more important and necessary things to spend it on and if not I should be saving it... *sigh*. Anyways, I keep saying I'm going to go for a massage and never do but I've lost 63 lbs and aside from buying new clothes, I haven't treated myself in any manner. I think its about time I head for the spa and get the works. Maybe when I hit 75 lbs down?? I should put the money aside each week and just go for it. A massage, facial & pedi would be so nice and my first professional massage at that! When I get to goal at 90-100 lbs down (still deciding on that) - hopefully late Dec or January - I think I will reward myself with another spa day or a little shopping spree. I don't want to go too crazy b/c spring/summer will be right around the corner and I will need those type of clothes so probably better to wait until spring time to do the real shopping, LOL... OK do ya see what I'm talking about? Too practical :0)
__________________
Total Weight Loss Goal (Currently on Hold):



Joined MRC 2/21/2009, 65 1/4" gone as of 10/17/09

Expecting a baby in July!


Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Karen1234:

You are doing so amazingly well! Yes, you have to pamper yourself. If you don't take the time right now to make yourself a priority, what are you going to do once you're at goal weight and all the other practicalities of life come knocking at your door? You still have to make the time to do important things for yourself, not just physically but psychologically!
I used to paint my fingernails all the time when I was thinner. As I got fatter, I stopped. It was because I didn't see the need to "adorn my temple" since I wasn't too proud of it. Nail polish isn't practical, really. But, it's something that makes me feel better and prettier. I used to get massages now and then but stopped as I got bigger b/c I was afraid of someone being disgusted by my body. But, they always made me feel so relaxed and happy. I think it's very important to indulge in yourself now and then. The happier we are while dieting, the better!

I hope you get your awesome spa day!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
OK, I am way to practical obviously... I have thought about rewarding myself with something for the weight loss at different milestones but it never seems to work out... I hate excuses but I always seem to have one as to why something isn't a good reward or why I shouldn't spend the money on it...
I really struggle with this and don't know why. Yes, I know I'm worth it but I never want to spend the $$ on these things b/c I always think there is more important and necessary things to spend it on and if not I should be saving it... *sigh*. Anyways, I keep saying I'm going to go for a massage and never do but I've lost 63 lbs and aside from buying new clothes, I haven't treated myself in any manner. I think its about time I head for the spa and get the works. Maybe when I hit 75 lbs down?? I should put the money aside each week and just go for it. A massage, facial & pedi would be so nice and my first professional massage at that! When I get to goal at 90-100 lbs down (still deciding on that) - hopefully late Dec or January - I think I will reward myself with another spa day or a little shopping spree. I don't want to go too crazy b/c spring/summer will be right around the corner and I will need those type of clothes so probably better to wait until spring time to do the real shopping, LOL... OK do ya see what I'm talking about? Too practical :0)
Hey Karen,
There are a ton of massage places that give you 1/2 off the first time you visit. The place I go to normally charges $70/hr and the first visit is $39. Look for ads or look up Massage Envy (where I go) to see if there is one near you. They have a contract deal you can sign up for but you don't have to and you still get the first massage for $39. BTW... I wish I had your control over spending
__________________



April Goal

daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
daizy hotrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 224

Height: 5'5"

Default

FYI... I was going to save my next massage for 144 lbs but after WI yesterday I am down a total of 30 inches and 12 just this month!! My counselor said to treat myself because I deserve it... massage here I come!
__________________



April Goal

daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
Diet Diva
 
ekidwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 281.5/(see ticker)/140

Height: 5'3"

Default

Way to go Daizy!
ekidwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #15
Leah
 
leahruthie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 305

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Default

i've been feeling awfully discouraged about being knocked off-track by the personal stuff going on in my life, especially since i know i'm going to have to extend my contract, but i think that i'm going to try to make a goal for myself out of my original contract end date... if i can make it past 175 by november 23, i'm going to give myself a milestone reward of something nice... either a hair cut/color or my very first professional massage or something similar. since my original goal date is kind of shot, i still want to have something to look forward to when i get there!

although maybe i'd do better to set small baby goals/rewards? i really like the reward idea, though, and i like that they're non-food rewards, too. i think that'll help train us for the future, when we could potentially have food rewards but we will know that other things are just as satisfying.

gonna have to ponder this some more, though....
__________________
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2