Preconditioning question

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi I'm Susie and I'm new to MRC. I'm on the preconditioning phase and wondered if I can combine proteins? Eat 1 egg with 1 slice of cheese? Eat cottage cheese with my ground turkey? (as long as I stay under 6 oz)

My weigh in person didn't explain how much fruit I can eat- 1 cup strawberries? I got that an apple is one serving but the fruit that I can measure out confuses me.

My package of melba toast says 3 pieces for 1 serving- is that correct? It seems like too much but I'm down!

Do I have to eat exactly 8oz of veggies? What if I eat veggies for a snack does that count towards the 8 oz?

Does anyone else get sushi taste in their mouth with the fish oil? I already had enteric coated pills but they seems to make me taste sushi about 1/2 hour taking them with my meal. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Looking forward to continuing on to the new phase! I'm not weighing in until Thursday and thought I would post it out to the thread.
  • Quote: Hi I'm Susie and I'm new to MRC. I'm on the preconditioning phase and wondered if I can combine proteins? Eat 1 egg with 1 slice of cheese? Eat cottage cheese with my ground turkey? (as long as I stay under 6 oz)

I was told you can not mix the food groups. You can mix the portion sizes in the same group though.

My weigh in person didn't explain how much fruit I can eat- 1 cup strawberries? I got that an apple is one serving but the fruit that I can measure out confuses me.

Just be sure to pick small apples and oranges. I was told to eat berries and not things grown on trees for awhile since I am having troubles losing right now.

My package of melba toast says 3 pieces for 1 serving- is that correct? It seems like too much but I'm down!

I eat the melba rounds and you can have 4 rounds. Not sure on the other melba toast

Do I have to eat exactly 8oz of veggies? What if I eat veggies for a snack does that count towards the 8 oz?

You have to eat all the 8 oz of veggies at one sitting, or 4 ozs. cooked. That is my favorite part of this plan is the veggies...it's hard to stop at 8 oz. Your snack should never count as part of your meal.

Does anyone else get sushi taste in their mouth with the fish oil? I already had enteric coated pills but they seems to make me taste sushi about 1/2 hour taking them with my meal. Any suggestions?
    I have had no problems with after taste of fish oil tabs? Not sure what is causing this? Try Flax Oil caps instead and see if that helps.

Thanks! Looking forward to continuing on to the new phase! I'm not weighing in until Thursday and thought I would post it out to the thread.
    Good luck at WI on Friday, and welcome to our wonderful group. You will find us being the most supporting and caring people here.
  • Re:sushi flavor-- are you taking fish oil for your omega fattys or are you taking FLAX??

Um..once you get on the green menu you are NOT supposed to mix your proteins (or at least keep it to a minimum) but i did sometimes, and it wasnt a big deal. Keep in mind you want to minimize the amount of hard cheese though, and the ratios are different if you DO decide to mix a meat protein with cheese. You dont still end up with 4 ozs. It would be like 2 ozs meat protein and i THINK only one ounce hard cheese. When i do mix my proteins i generally just mix in two different meats, like 2 ozs Chicken and 2 ozs of fish.
  • Welcome
    Quote: Hi I'm Susie and I'm new to MRC. I'm on the preconditioning phase and wondered if I can combine proteins? Eat 1 egg with 1 slice of cheese? Eat cottage cheese with my ground turkey? (as long as I stay under 6 oz)

It is my understanding that in preconditioning you can do this--that you just pick one item from each column for your meal combo--which Column A and C would put eggs and cheese together. May be different down the road.

You want to aim for approzimately 40 calories--in my class they said 2 square melba toasts or 4 circles.

Welcome. I'm on Day 6....have done my preconditioning and yellow menu...now on blue. It's a very informational and supportive group and I know is sure helping me.
    Hi, I am a newbie and in precondition, I go Friday for my menu. Not sure
    where I will be. What HSN's should I get to start with? I've been searching
    recipes, and thought it would be nice to have something to go with all the veggies I will be eating?
  • Quote: Good luck at WI on Friday, and welcome to our wonderful group. You will find us being the most supporting and caring people here.
    Welcome Susie,
    2 pieces of melba toast is a serving for MRC = 40 calories. All your starch/carb servings should be around 40-50 cals.

Good Luck on your journey :0)
  • Quote: Re:sushi flavor-- are you taking fish oil for your omega fattys or are you taking FLAX??

Um..once you get on the green menu you are NOT supposed to mix your proteins (or at least keep it to a minimum) but i did sometimes, and it wasnt a big deal. Keep in mind you want to minimize the amount of hard cheese though, and the ratios are different if you DO decide to mix a meat protein with cheese. You dont still end up with 4 ozs. It would be like 2 ozs meat protein and i THINK only one ounce hard cheese. When i do mix my proteins i generally just mix in two different meats, like 2 ozs Chicken and 2 ozs of fish.

Hmm....I specifically called my center here and they told me that I COULD mix the meats/cheeses, etc. They didn't say anthing about ratios but I figured it was different since 2 oz cheese is one serving of protein. I will ask them again this Saturday when I go weigh in. Glad we're all talking about this. I didn't realize I should be questioning things more.
  • Quote: Hi, I am a newbie and in precondition, I go Friday for my menu. Not sure
    where I will be. What HSN's should I get to start with? I've been searching
    recipes, and thought it would be nice to have something to go with all the veggies I will be eating?
    Magonliagirl, I am a newbie and in precondition. I'm in McKinney and I also go Friday for my menu. May be we are in the same class.
  • I go at 530 PM, hope to see you there. My name is Shirley. Nice to meet
    someone in McKinney.
  • Quote: I go at 530 PM, hope to see you there. My name is Shirley. Nice to meet
    someone in McKinney.
    Hey, girls.....I also go to the McKinney center. Welcome!
  • Quote: Hi I'm Susie and I'm new to MRC. I'm on the preconditioning phase and wondered if I can combine proteins? Eat 1 egg with 1 slice of cheese? Eat cottage cheese with my ground turkey? (as long as I stay under 6 oz)

I have been mixing my proteins at breakfast all along and they never said anything about it. But use a half serving of cheese and half of the other protein. Not 6 oz total.
    Sushi taste? Yuck! Ask about switching to flax instead of fish oil. I have not noticed a taste with flax.
    The 8 oz of veggies are supposed to be with the meal. However, preconditioning is supposed to help with transitioning from what we ate before to the MRC diet. It is supposed to curb the carb, caffeine and salt cravings before you get really strict. Also to help get you drinking water, which most of us didn't do very well before starting MRC.
    Good luck and let us know if you have any questions. Don't forget to ask at your center also. They are there to help you!
  • Good Morning Ladies and my two McKinney buddies, shopgirl and bjwizzy,
    Weighed in last night and down 5 #'s during preconditioning. A big encouragement for me. Now making it thru the Metaslim 1-4, hope I do as
    well. Nothing exciting about this menu at all. Glad its the weekend, I can
    keep busy, neighborhood garage sales. If I reach my goal I'm treating myself
    to a new couch. Everyone wish me luck, I've been hanging on to this extra weight for 15 years, time to lose it.
  • Quote: Good Morning Ladies and my two McKinney buddies, shopgirl and bjwizzy,
    Weighed in last night and down 5 #'s during preconditioning. A big encouragement for me. Now making it thru the Metaslim 1-4, hope I do as
    well. Nothing exciting about this menu at all. Glad its the weekend, I can
    keep busy, neighborhood garage sales. If I reach my goal I'm treating myself
    to a new couch. Everyone wish me luck, I've been hanging on to this extra weight for 15 years, time to lose it.
    Hello Magnoliagirl. I was there last night too at 5:30. I was the last one to come in I was running a little late. You were so nice. You introduced yourself to me first without even knowing it. Congrats on your 5lbs. I lost 3.5. I was so sick during preconditioning. I was glad I lost anything. Now that I'm better I should do even better on my weigh loss. I'm on the yellow menu for days 1-4. I sure hope the next menu is better.
  • Quote: Hey, girls.....I also go to the McKinney center. Welcome!
    Thank you and nice to meet you shopgirl! I'm on the yellow menu for days 1-4. I'm so glad it's the weekend. I'll be use to my menu by the time Monday comes. LOL
  • Quote: Thank you and nice to meet you shopgirl! I'm on the yellow menu for days 1-4. I'm so glad it's the weekend. I'll be use to my menu by the time Monday comes. LOL
    When you get to the blue menu and you can have an egg, you'll think it's the greatest thing that ever happened to you! LOL! Hang in there! It's soooo worth it!