Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickchick View Post
Hello to all of the MRC people from Nebraska
I just went to my first meeting @MRC. I started to search the internet tonight because I feel so confused about everything. I also was not impressed how Robin handled our first meeting. She rushed thru everything. I had lots of questions that I wanted to ask, but felt I could not since we were so behind according to her. I felt very rushed on what I was choose for my order. I also would have like to have one on one so I could pick the items as to what I would need(minerals and such)-not just a general suggestion to everyone. I really want this diet to work. No one measured me either. They were out of a lot of the items that I really wanted for my first 4 days. Not on word about ketosis or Tanita
I'm so frustrated right now....

Ps where do I find the weight loss ticker things???
I can understand why you're frustrated and am sure I would feel the same. By comparison....at my center I had a one on one meeting with counselor BEFORE the 1st meeting.....very relaxed....she made suggestions on minerals, etc, asked questions specific to me.....was measured thoroughly and hqad the Tanita reading too. The group meeting was more general, but I'd already had the one-on-one so was good.
Perhaps there was a mess up staff wise that they aren't aware of--the fact that you didn't get your one-on-one, etc.....I'd sure discuss with manager.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #47  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I just went to my first meeting @MRC. I started to search the internet tonight because I feel so confused about everything. I also was not impressed how Robin handled our first meeting. She rushed thru everything. I had lots of questions that I wanted to ask, but felt I could not since we were so behind according to her. I felt very rushed on what I was choose for my order. I also would have like to have one on one so I could pick the items as to what I would need(minerals and such)-not just a general suggestion to everyone. I really want this diet to work. No one measured me either. They were out of a lot of the items that I really wanted for my first 4 days. Not on word about ketosis or Tanita

It sounds to me like you went to a Food Instruction Class or something, not the Free Consultation. Things may have happened out of order for you. You should have a One-on-One where you do get to ask any and all questions you have, discuss and get advised on which supplements are the right ones for you. You would also get measurements and the print out on the Tanita scale which gives % body fat, water weight, and Fat Free Mass. Usually all this is done when you sign up because this helps determine what your goal might be and how long it might take to get to goal. People usually then do pre-conditioning until they attend the Food Instruction Class where they get the first "real" menu. Do not worry about ketosis. If you eat just what is on your menu, you will be in ketosis, maybe not enough for the ketostik to show even light pink. You do not really want to be burning too much of your body because you may be burning muscle as well as fat and that is not good.

I'm glad you have found this forum. Speak with Robin or one of the other counselors about your confusion. Friday and Saturdays can sometimes be very hectic at the centers. Good "losing" on the program - it really works.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 181/135

Height: 5'4

Thank you to all that have replied. I did have a one on one meeting 1 1/2 weeks eariler and they told me I could not join until the the following friday. The person who helped me at my initial meeting did not go over what I needed. She had to go pick up someone. i think this is why I am so confused as to what would be good for me. Any way thanks again for the help
Also when do they take your picture?
slickchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

Slickchick...welcome to 3FC's. One thing I can tell you, you will find out more by asking questions and reading posts here than you will at the Lincoln Center. I know exactly what you meant about Robin rushing through the meeting. I felt the same way. Our class was so big and crowded that we couldn't have time for questions. And the way they make you complete your order sheet before you learn anything about the program is a poor way of doing things. I was thankful for learning so much here before I joined, otherwise I would have been scratching my head trying to figure out what all was being said. Maybe Robin has done it just way too many times that she just rushes through it anymore. Nothing was even mentioned about Ketosis at all, and I am going on almost 3 months and have not heard the word mentioned yet.

You should have been weighed with a Tanita reading and measured the day you signed up for MRC. Someone really dropped the ball with you there. If you could, try to request Jeannie when you go in next time, I think she has probably been there the longest and will be much more helpful than the younger ones, in my opinion. Jeannie doesn't work everyday, so you may want to call and ask for her schedule. She was quite disgusted when I told her about the misinformation I was given from some of the younger ones. What you have to do, is ask to be measured each month, because they won't do it on their own, it must be too time consuming on their part. You also have to ask for the tanita reading. It should not be that way, especially since we are new and have no idea what is correct in what we are being told. I asked this week what the date was the last time I was measured, which was over a month, but she said nothing about doing it then. Jeannie said it is suppose to be marked the WI before to let them know the next WI should be measured and tanita reading. But that does not get followed. All I can say, is take matters into your own hands and demand to be measured monthly. Sometimes I wonder what we paid for. But you can be sure, they never forget to ask you what you need to purchase that day. Another thing, there is a fish bowl with tickets to sign your name on for some drawing everytime you lose 2 or more pounds. I was not told that until about my 4th WI. So just ask questions here and read. You will get your answers and you will be surprised when reading how other's centers are doing. Again, welcome and I wish you lots of success.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #50  

Height: 5'4''

I keep hearing the word ketosis but I do not know the meaning or the purpose of it? My consultant did mention that she would give me ketosis sticks when I come in but no one has explained to me what it is.
Jerebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerebo View Post
I keep hearing the word ketosis but I do not know the meaning or the purpose of it? My consultant did mention that she would give me ketosis sticks when I come in but no one has explained to me what it is.
Ketosis is when your body goes from using carbohydrates for energy to burning fat for energy. At my center we have ketosis sticks in the bathroom and u check for yourself when u weigh in. If you are not in ketosis then you probably are not sticking to the plan. I have been on plan for 3 weeks and have been in high ketosis everytime I weigh in. Ketosis is very important to get rid of fat, so do not cheat and it is not harmful to you at all. Good luck!
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by changes4me View Post
Ketosis is when your body goes from using carbohydrates for energy to burning fat for energy. At my center we have ketosis sticks in the bathroom and u check for yourself when u weigh in. If you are not in ketosis then you probably are not sticking to the plan. I have been on plan for 3 weeks and have been in high ketosis everytime I weigh in. Ketosis is very important to get rid of fat, so do not cheat and it is not harmful to you at all. Good luck!
Just want to add and clarify in case anyone else in my boat....--I've been on plan and not cheating and doesn't show ketosis....so sometimes I think it's the sticks. At my center they said some people never have a reading of being in ketosis but they lose fat.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #53  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I also (when I wasn't so way off program) rarely showed in ketosis and if I did it was a trace amount.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 249/216/150

Height: 5'2"

We do ketosis every week and then measurements every month (except in the beginning when they did it after the first 2 weeks).
wchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #55  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default ketosis, not a factor for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchase View Post
We do ketosis every week and then measurements every month (except in the beginning when they did it after the first 2 weeks).
I have yet to be in ketosis, but the weight is coming off. There is absolutely NO concern expressed about this by any of the counselors. One told me they usually don't see that many registering ketosis. While I wish I would see ketosis, just more for the sake of personal reassurance, it is not worth me being consumed by it. Just not a factor!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote