3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Protein Drinks, cheaper alternative? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/183270-protein-drinks-cheaper-alternative.html)

taytay 10-03-2009 02:46 PM

Protein Drinks, cheaper alternative?

Hi,
I am on MRC and although I love the program and am doing well, I can't afford the fruit flavored protein drinks they sell. Does anyone know where to find flavors other than chocolate or vanilla that are reasonably priced? I am supplementing with Special K water but has too many carbs and not enough protein.

Thanks!!

reuselady 10-03-2009 05:54 PM

taytay, you can order same drinks different packaging from dietdirect.com. The
ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrate go on sale for $7.99/box fairly frequently. Click on the RED SALE tag at top right of page to see what is on sale this week (Sales run Sunday to Sunday). Order over $49 and you get a free sample pack (2 or three individual pkgs of various things), order over $79 and you get free shipping, order over $99 and you get 10% off (Coupon code SAVEME10). They are located in Wilmington NC so if you are in NC, they'll charge you sales tax. When I ordered on a Friday afternoon, the box arrived Saturday FedEx (but I am just 3 hours up the road from them). Good Luck, jeanette

porchmom84 10-03-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuselady (Post 2954666)
taytay, you can order same drinks different packaging from dietdirect.com. The
ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrate go on sale for $7.99/box fairly frequently. Click on the RED SALE tag at top right of page to see what is on sale this week (Sales run Sunday to Sunday). Order over $49 and you get a free sample pack (2 or three individual pkgs of various things), order over $79 and you get free shipping, order over $99 and you get 10% off (Coupon code SAVEME10). They are located in Wilmington NC so if you are in NC, they'll charge you sales tax. When I ordered on a Friday afternoon, the box arrived Saturday FedEx (but I am just 3 hours up the road from them). Good Luck, jeanette

That was really helpful. Thanks!Reassuring to see that someone who has been on program for awhile knows these are same too!

taytay 10-04-2009 11:36 PM

Thanks! I will have to order that next time. I went to GNC and bought a mixed berry whey protein powder, it's ok. Not as good as I hoped!!

TXRealtor 05-27-2010 12:40 AM

I like the mus pro powders from Costco.

Joy2MeNu 05-28-2010 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by taytay (Post 2954493)
Hi,
I am on MRC and although I love the program and am doing well, I can't afford the fruit flavored protein drinks they sell. Does anyone know where to find flavors other than chocolate or vanilla that are reasonably priced? I am supplementing with Special K water but has too many carbs and not enough protein.

Thanks!!

label attached from the PROTI hns drinks from dietdirect.com. --Joy2MeNu

skinnyby25 06-02-2010 03:43 PM

i will warn you, some of these do not taste the same. i ordered a few, including my favorite at mrc-wildberry, but they have not been very good in the proti-diet brand. some of these i have to choke down. the pink lemonade tastes the same though.

dkmd27 06-02-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyby25 (Post 3320795)
i will warn you, some of these do not taste the same. i ordered a few, including my favorite at mrc-wildberry, but they have not been very good in the proti-diet brand. some of these i have to choke down. the pink lemonade tastes the same though.

The wildberry is different ... the others are the identical product, produced at the same facility in Canada, private labeled for different weight loss centers.

MEEZOOGIRL 06-03-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyby25 (Post 3320795)

The peach mango didn't taste the same to me either.. When I order online, I get just the orange, grape and fruit punch. They taste the same..

rn5192008 06-03-2010 06:20 PM

I order the Bari-Wise brand from Diet-direct. There r some slight differences
MRC-70 cal
Bariwise-60 cal
Cholesterol: MRC 0 Bariwise 5
Sodium: MRC 5 Bariwise 10
Postassium: MRC 10 Bariwise 75
Carb: MRC 2 Bariwise <1
Sugars: MRC 2 Bariwise 0
Protein is the same 15 and they taste great but they do have aspartame

jmt2323 06-03-2010 09:48 PM

Question - On these shakes are they the concentrate? The ones from dietdirect that is.... I always get those from MRC and haven't tried the powder.

SalaamDementia 06-03-2010 10:09 PM

What about the muscle protein powders sold at GNC etc? My budget is getting painfully tight and I'm really looking for some alternatives.

dkmd27 06-04-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rn5192008 (Post 3322958)
I order the Bari-Wise brand from Diet-direct. There r some slight differences
MRC-70 cal
Bariwise-60 cal
Cholesterol: MRC 0 Bariwise 5
Sodium: MRC 5( Bariwise 10
Postassium: MRC 10 Bariwise 75
Carb: MRC 2 Bariwise <1
Sugars: MRC 2 Bariwise 0
Protein is the same 15 and they taste great but they do have aspartame

I purchase the ProtiDiet brand concentrates ... they has no aspartame, but are sweetened with sucralose.

dance4ever 06-07-2010 12:04 PM

Just got an email that the ProtiDiet fruit drinks are on sale. Like Reuse Lady said they used to be 7.99 per box but they have gone up to $8.49. Still if you buy $79 shipping is free and $99 you get an additional 10% off plus they send you some samples.
I stick with grape flavor. Tried others didn't like them as much. They also have a great shaker for those powdered concentrates or shakes.

guinevere75 06-07-2010 12:41 PM

Ditto dance4ever. I just bought 13 boxes of the ProtiDiet drinks for $95 (got an additional 10% off for volume purchase) and got free shipping.