Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #91  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Lori,
What a cutie. Nice to hear he may have been a little jealous. I sure hope he realizes what a catch you are.

To all you folks that have been sick....my daughter has been terribly ill since yesterday, took her to the Dr. today and she tested positive for H1N1 they said it was their 3rd positive test today. She thinks she is dying but I have assured her she is not. Horrible congestion, cough and raw, raw throat. Possibly could be what has been making others here ill. I though of FiftiesLady, could be what you had. They said it would last up to 7 days and not to let her out of the house.

I was so happy this morning, WI at home and down 3 pounds, bummed tonight, WI at home and the 3 pounds came back. That is so discouraging I know it is all the water but geez. I will WI tomorrow I would at least like to be down a couple of pds. since last Friday. Seems like the closer I get to 200 the longer it is taking.

Started MRC 5/9/09

September Goal

Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

[QUOTE=rip;2962740]Lori,
What a cutie. Nice to hear he may have been a little jealous. I sure hope he realizes what a catch you are.

To all you folks that have been sick....my daughter has been terribly ill since yesterday, took her to the Dr. today and she tested positive for H1N1 they said it was their 3rd positive test today. She thinks she is dying but I have assured her she is not. Horrible congestion, cough and raw, raw throat. Possibly could be what has been making others here ill. I though of FiftiesLady, could be what you had. They said it would last up to 7 days and not to let her out of the house.

I was so happy this morning, WI at home and down 3 pounds, bummed tonight, WI at home and the 3 pounds came back. That is so discouraging I know it is all the water but geez. I will WI tomorrow I would at least like to be down a couple of pds. since last Friday. Seems like the closer I get to 200 the longer it is taking.

Rip, Oh so sad about your daughter. I do feel for her. Yes, Sore throat is the start of it, and it is a really bad sore throat in fact. Then the coughing that just rips you apart because it's the kind that brings up nothing...then turns into a full blown cold. The fever comes and goes for several days. It put me down for 10 days, so I hope maybe the younger ones can beat it sooner. I never went in to be tested for H1N1, but I'm sure that's what I had. Take care of your daughter...make lots of chicken soup for her. My daughter, cleared hers up pretty fast with Mussinex....dried her up fast.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Lori,

Last week my daughter's H.S. band had about 1/3 out sick. Several of them had confirmed cases of H1N1. Thank goodness she never got real sick. Yesterday when I went into the doctor's he was in a great mood; I was thinking it was probably the 1st person he saw that wasn't displayng flu symptoms! But who knows Upon further research, if I do indeed have an issue with my gall bladder, I found out that it can be related to rapid weight loss.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
Last week my daughter's H.S. band had about 1/3 out sick. Several of them had confirmed cases of H1N1. Thank goodness she never got real sick. Yesterday when I went into the doctor's he was in a great mood; I was thinking it was probably the 1st person he saw that wasn't displayng flu symptoms! But who knows Upon further research, if I do indeed have an issue with my gall bladder, I found out that it can be related to rapid weight loss.
Well if that is true, then I guess I don't have to worry since "rapid" is not happening to me!!!

You should research this on the net and see if there is some truth behind it. Has anyone here have any of these experiences that E4FEwife is having? We need heads up on this. Are they talking surgery for you? Take care, hope you are feeling better.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:39 AM   #95  
rip

E4FEWife,
This is interesting that rapid weight loss can cause issues with gallbladder. I wonder if that means it will clear up on its ow . Hoping you are starting to feel better yourself.

Started MRC 5/9/09

October Goal

Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Talking One small victory

Hey, I did It¡ WI today was below 200. Got my first milestone. Felt good.

To answer the above question, Yes, Any weight loss diet can cause gall bladder problems, I believe it has to do with the fat (or lack of fat) in the diet. If gall stones have formed, then they might cause problems and usually do not go away on their own. Any one with these problems should talk to their doctor.

OK, off my soap box.

I'm feelin good.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadqueen View Post

I'm feelin good.
Welcome to ONEderland! Great job and congratulations!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:45 AM   #98  

Quote:

To answer the above question, Yes, Any weight loss diet can cause gall bladder problems, I believe it has to do with the fat (or lack of fat) in the diet. If gall stones have formed, then they might cause problems and usually do not go away on their own. Any one with these problems should talk to their doctor.

OK, off my soap box.

I'm feelin good.
RoadQueen....yahoo!!! Time to celebrate...congrats...way to go!!!! Very, very proud of you.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #99  

Default Need to re-focus

OK...it's time to re-focus. Since signing the 50 pound board a month ago, I've only lost 4 pounds. While I haven't gone totally off plan or anything, I have not been as committed as I was and have had 2 weeks of almost no food journaling (even though I'm eating okay, I'm not writing it down...which isn't a good habit and seems to leave more cracks for BLTs!). So, I'm writing down my commitment to have a very focused and OP week. I think the first couple of weeks were a plateau, but the last couple of weeks I've just been 'drifting' it seems. So, time to re-focus! It's too close to the end to let anything slip now!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Today was not a good day. TOM pushed me over the edge. I ate a really bad lunch and a snack later. Tomorrow is a new day (crossing fingers).
Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #101  
rip

Roadqueen,
How wonderful. I am confident you will never see to 200's again.
GREAT JOB
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Quote:
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
Today was not a good day. TOM pushed me over the edge. I ate a really bad lunch and a snack later. Tomorrow is a new day (crossing fingers).
My dear, nothing you can do about what you ate already. Good job on focusing on tomorrow. The future and present are the only things you can change! So back on the MRC bandwagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
OK...it's time to re-focus. Since signing the 50 pound board a month ago, I've only lost 4 pounds. While I haven't gone totally off plan or anything, I have not been as committed as I was and have had 2 weeks of almost no food journaling (even though I'm eating okay, I'm not writing it down...which isn't a good habit and seems to leave more cracks for BLTs!). So, I'm writing down my commitment to have a very focused and OP week. I think the first couple of weeks were a plateau, but the last couple of weeks I've just been 'drifting' it seems. So, time to re-focus! It's too close to the end to let anything slip now!
You are so close! You can do this. Look at what you have done so far and know that it is a, pardon the expression, peice of cake to finish the job! I feel like stating all the inspirational quotes I can think of, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and stuff like that. But you know them. Think of it as the finishing touches on a beautiful painting. You are just a few pounds away from your goal and while you might have acheived a lot of things on your inspirational list, you are not done yet! Like putting on a ball gown and leaving your hair in curlers! Time to get your party started!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
You are so close! You can do this. Look at what you have done so far and know that it is a, pardon the expression, peice of cake to finish the job! I feel like stating all the inspirational quotes I can think of, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and stuff like that. But you know them. Think of it as the finishing touches on a beautiful painting. You are just a few pounds away from your goal and while you might have acheived a lot of things on your inspirational list, you are not done yet! Like putting on a ball gown and leaving your hair in curlers! Time to get your party started!
Thanks so much...just what I needed to hear! I did well yesterday...nothing off plan and wrote it all down. Sometimes you just have to catch yourself and stop the drift before everything gets away from you! Now I neeed to go run. I haven't gone since Tuesday and I slept through my step class this morning...that wasn't good, but I needed the sleep. Even though it's chilly and gloomy out, I need to go run. Thanks again!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I just wanted to quickly post on here since i see this is more like the daily thread. I did post my "poor me" so to speak post in the 200 pound thread.

I last weighed in August 29th and so went back in yesterday and am vowing to be back OP. I am back on my green menu but will start the meta-quick tomorrow thru Tuesday and weigh in again on Wednesday.

Anyone out there from Nebraska?? I live in Omaha and really need support/accountability again.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #105  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
Thanks so much...just what I needed to hear! I did well yesterday...nothing off plan and wrote it all down. Sometimes you just have to catch yourself and stop the drift before everything gets away from you! Now I neeed to go run. I haven't gone since Tuesday and I slept through my step class this morning...that wasn't good, but I needed the sleep. Even though it's chilly and gloomy out, I need to go run. Thanks again!
I felt the exact same way this week! It started off last Saturday with a few bites of cocunut shrimp/dessert at red lobster and kind of snowballed from there but today i weighed the exact same as I did last saturday, which is a good thing. But I'm so ready to be done with the program that I'm ready to get the scale moving again! So last night I ran and today we had the Memory Walk (for alzheimers and walked about 3 miles in 35 minutes) so I'm excited. But one of my son's b-day parties (he turned 2 thursday) is tonight and there's goign to be cake. But I'm going to resist and see if I can get that scale moving again!! Good luck and we can do this!!!
Closed Thread