Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 212/179/140

Height: 5'2

FL: I too am sorry to hear about your stall. I am right there with you so we can get through this! I agree, talk to the ladies at your center to see what they can suggest. I am going to on Fri. It is very frustrating to be OP then see a cpl lbs pop up. I don't think my weight fluctuated this much when I was eating crap. Well, it just went up lol. I was thinking of doing a lose 10 in 10 days which is basically what we do but add a half a grapefruit to each meal and take out the bread. I feel my body used to program and I need to jumpstart it. I guess my body happy where it is, but I am NOT!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #137  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

[quote=rip;2969329]Karen1234,
What does the metaquick entail I think I would like to try it.

They have recently revised the metaquick plan. I asked last week as I have very slow losses this last month. You have a shake or bar for breakfast, a shake for lunch, regular dinner and your hns throughout the day. Now you also have to add the vegetable powder and a double chocolate powder, I think it is a scoop of each one time throughout the day. I wrote down what the cost was, but don't have it with me. There would be a fair bit of the powders left after a week, and I don't want to waste money on something that I might not use all of. I'm debating about doing it. I might lose a little each week but only after watching the scale go up a couple, then back down for no apparent reason.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:28 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I'll be starting the Medi Quik program on Monday. I have weight 170. 5 for four weeks now . Prior to this I only lost 8 pounds in 6 weeks.

I understand how everyone feels when they don't lose weight for a few weeks but this has been going on too long. My MD thinks it's hormone based and I'm not able to afford an elective surgery right now.

I have to say that at least I feel healthier and have more energy than before I started MRC. It has also cleared up my IBS completely.

So I'm staying on the program--even going to resign in a couple of weeks. I am not giving up. I WILL get to my goal weight.

Everyone hang in there.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Time to refocus...

Hey everyone,
Just checking in and giving my update... I've been trying to get back on plan 100% since Monday and struggling a bit here and there... my weekend cheat after the 5k is trying to derail me as the carbs as well as pretty much any food at this point has been calling my name ever since but I think I'm going to try to kick it in the butt!! I've decided to do the Metaquick for 3-5 days to break the carb craving cycle, get me back on plan 100% and not thinking about food all the time, then transition back to the green menu where I will feel like I'm getting more food but still be on plan... make any sense? This is my own scheme that was not collaberated with the center, hmmmm... I'm not avoiding the center, I've actually been kinda busy and havent had the chance to get in there but I will also say that I haven't been making huge efforts to make the time either... I'll go in this weekend for sure though. Anyways, after my weekend cheat I was up 4 lbs... wow! I dropped .5 by Tuesday and have maintained at 193.5 since and I'm ready to restart it all. I've decided to take a running break this week while I do the MQ to see the results alone and then I'll restart my running next week b/c I don't think I can go for too long without getting out there and running a bit :0)

Anyways, I feel for all of you struggling with the plan, I hope you find your answers soon. FL, check in with us and let us know how you're doing and what the plan is. I'm thinking of you :0)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #140  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

It seems that so many, including myself, are struggling this month. I really think it has to do with the cold weather coming and our bodies wanting to store as much as it can. That's my thought and I'm sticking with it as I have no other reason that I am not losing. I am not gaining but not losing. I will WI on Sat. morning I hope I see at least a little change

On a good note. My neighbors, a married couple, have both joined MRC and go for their 1st meeting tomorrow. I had explained the plan to them a couple of weeks ago and they were very excited. I wish them both the best of luck!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Old 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
It seems that so many, including myself, are struggling this month. I really think it has to do with the cold weather coming and our bodies wanting to store as much as it can. That's my thought and I'm sticking with it as I have no other reason that I am not losing. I am not gaining but not losing. I will WI on Sat. morning I hope I see at least a little change

On a good note. My neighbors, a married couple, have both joined MRC and go for their 1st meeting tomorrow. I had explained the plan to them a couple of weeks ago and they were very excited. I wish them both the best of luck!

Started MRC 5/9/09
Hey rip,
you might be right...
Old 10-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
JJ, Happy Sunday to you...it is a cold one, that's for sure. We just got back from walking for "Safe Quarters" for Abused women and their children. It was a fun walk, but burrrrr, I just can't seem to warm up. Anyway, I want to tell you that you are doing so good. 30+ pounds is so great. Keep up the great work.

I chose the Thursday night Connections classes. Darn, I was hoping you would be there. I am excited for them to start. Have you gone to any of the cooking classes on Friday? I wonder if it is a different clase each week or the same one each time? I will have to ask at my next WI. I didn't WI on Saturday, because the scale hadn't changed, so not much use in going in and discussing again why I'm not losing any weight. I truly am disappointed. My husband and I have decided to re-join the Y, so that will get me back on track for excercising again. I have slumped off because of the cold weather. My body is not prepared for this Nebraska winter yet. I can't seem to warm up for being out in it all day, so going to fix my Chicken/Veggie soup for dinner and hope it will defrost me. You take care and keep up the great work, I am so proud of you.
FL --

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Connections class. I'd like to compare notes with you!

I was up a pound from Saturday...probably because I met some family members at Parker's Smokehouse out by Greenwood. My ribs were naked and I had a salad with dressing on the side, but I have a feeling the sodium in the rub did me in. Oh well...I'll get there!

I've lived in Nebraska all my life, except for a few months in Las Vegas. Each winter, my loathing of snow and ice increases and I wish I was back in Vegas, but what's a girl to do?? Just drive slow enough to really annoy other drivers, I guess!

Keep the faith and hang in there, girl!

-- JJ
Old 10-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Karen, you always impress me. I've been meaning to tell you that.

Good luck on the Medi-Quik.

rip,

I agree with your statement about our bodies wanting to hold onto fat for the winter. On the other hand, I like to walk outside more when the weather is cool and crispy so we'll see what happens!!

Theresa, I need to purchase more Cortitrim and HNS but I will not buy any vegetable powder if I don't use it all. I'll try the "old" Medi-Quik and see what that does for me.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Karen, you always impress me. I've been meaning to tell you that.

Good luck on the Medi-Quik.

rip,

I agree with your statement about our bodies wanting to hold onto fat for the winter. On the other hand, I like to walk outside more when the weather is cool and crispy so we'll see what happens!!

Theresa, I need to purchase more Cortitrim and HNS but I will not buy any vegetable powder if I don't use it all. I'll try the "old" Medi-Quik and see what that does for me.
Thanks little edie, that's a great compliment :0)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I want to thank you all for the wonderful support from each and everyone of you. I did go WI today, and got back to where I was on the 12th of Sept. I was told to just keep doing what I am doing. I did ask what happens if I am not at goal when my 17 weeks are up, and she said not to worry, because I have been following the plan and coming in weekly so they will work with me and help me keep losing without any additional cost. I do hope that is true, because I really don't think I would spend another $100 right now to extend it another 17 weeks. I am enjoying a cup of hot cocoa in the afternoon now, so that really helps. I am joining the Y when I get back from my trip, since with the weather getting cooler, I talk myself from walking. Plus it is getting dark so fast.

I just want to thank you all for not giving up on me, because I'm not going to give up. I am going to lose this damn weight even if it takes me longer than I wanted it to. It was time to measure me, but I didn't ask for it to happen because without losing weight, I don't think I've lost much in inches either. I will give it another week or two. I do know that I bought new clothes for my trip, and I am down two sizes, so that makes me feel so much better. Now maybe I can get more packed in my luggage...LOL

Thanks to all my friends again....don't know what I would do without you. This old bear is not going to hibernate through the winter....not on my life!!! I am going to fight it each ounce at a time. Love you all!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #146  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
FL --

I'm curious to hear what you think of the Connections class. I'd like to compare notes with you!

I was up a pound from Saturday...probably because I met some family members at Parker's Smokehouse out by Greenwood. My ribs were naked and I had a salad with dressing on the side, but I have a feeling the sodium in the rub did me in. Oh well...I'll get there!

I've lived in Nebraska all my life, except for a few months in Las Vegas. Each winter, my loathing of snow and ice increases and I wish I was back in Vegas, but what's a girl to do?? Just drive slow enough to really annoy other drivers, I guess!

Keep the faith and hang in there, girl!

-- JJ
Hello JJ...."Naked Ribs" huh???? Shame on you. I'm with you on loathing Nebraska's winters. And I'm afraid we may be in for a long one. I don't mind it as long as I can stay in and watch the snow that way...but I hate getting out into it and driving to work.

Yes, I went to the Connection class tonight, and to be honest, I wasn't impressed and for a whole hour and 15 minutes, I got nothing out of it. The girl is very likable, but she loves to talk, and it took the full hour going around the room learning everyones name and why we walked through the door.....and I didn't think we were ever going to finish introducing ourselves. Not that I am not wanting to be friendly, but I wanted to get something out of the class and maybe learn and ask questions about the program. I will give it another shot next Thursday, and if I feel the same, then I probably won't attend the others. Now I'm curious in what you thought??? Please share.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Hey everyone,
Just checking in and giving my update... I've been trying to get back on plan 100% since Monday and struggling a bit here and there... my weekend cheat after the 5k is trying to derail me as the carbs as well as pretty much any food at this point has been calling my name ever since but I think I'm going to try to kick it in the butt!! I've decided to do the Metaquick for 3-5 days to break the carb craving cycle, get me back on plan 100% and not thinking about food all the time, then transition back to the green menu where I will feel like I'm getting more food but still be on plan... make any sense? This is my own scheme that was not collaberated with the center, hmmmm... I'm not avoiding the center, I've actually been kinda busy and havent had the chance to get in there but I will also say that I haven't been making huge efforts to make the time either... I'll go in this weekend for sure though. Anyways, after my weekend cheat I was up 4 lbs... wow! I dropped .5 by Tuesday and have maintained at 193.5 since and I'm ready to restart it all. I've decided to take a running break this week while I do the MQ to see the results alone and then I'll restart my running next week b/c I don't think I can go for too long without getting out there and running a bit :0)

Anyways, I feel for all of you struggling with the plan, I hope you find your answers soon. FL, check in with us and let us know how you're doing and what the plan is. I'm thinking of you :0)
Karen, Hang in there, you will get back on plan. You just need to pat yourself on the back for having a great run!!!

I have a question on your pancake recipe....do you use two eggs? Also, it is so runny and makes very think cakes, am I doing something wrong? They are good though, better than the ones made with cottage cheese.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #148  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

hi all! just checking in... FL, i'm glad the scale finally moved for you again! keep on keeping on, and you'll be rewarded in the end, i'd say. karen, don't beat yourself up too much! you'll get back OP, no problem. and hang in there, little edie!!

as for me, i'm just chugging along on my own for now. i think technically i'd be OK to go in on saturday and get started back up again, but i'm scared to do so and then have something go wrong again in my personal life and not be able to keep up. but i really miss the motivation of weighing in every weekend, so maybe i'll just have to suck it up. i'm just sad that i know i'll end up having to re-sign and that's sooo much $$. oh well... at any rate, i've lost all my away-from-home pounds now and this morning at home i was down to 184, so that's very encouraging. maybe 179 is doable by november? wouldn't that be something!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

go for it leahruthie setbacks in our life can also be our motivation. Dont think of how much you couldn't do, think of how much you can still do
Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #150  

Default MQ Day 2

Hello Ladies and Gents,
Well, it's MQ day 2... doing pretty good... I was 100% OP yesterday, was able to avoid the nuts and goodies... hubby was so kind and polished off the last 3 apple cider donuts from the apple festival eliminating that temptation for sure :0) He can do afford ofcourse, all 185 lbs, 6' 1" of him, LOL... So, I was very happy with myself, the shakes are pretty filling and really held me over till dinner... I had a normal green menu dinner and finished up the night with a Gelatin HNS and finally a creamy ... can't remember if we're supposed to have creamys on the MQ plan or not but I did so oh well. I hopped on the scale as usual this am and was down 1.5 lbs, yeah!! 191.5... only 1.5 to go until back to last official WI weight so apparently sticking to the plan helps me, go figure, LOL! I had a MRB this am and was planning a lunch shake which I was going to go home and make but forgot I had a 12:00 meeting so looks like lunch will be late. Too bad my stomach is already growling like crazy... I might have to nibble on the corner of some sticky notes instead :0) I am looking forward to that shake for sure. I mix mine up with 2 cups of water plus about a cup of ice. I experimented yesterday and added some artificial strawberry flavoring... didn't work out though... would have had to add the whole bottle to actually taste it so not a good plan. I don't know if it's just not strong enough for the amt of mix or if it's because it was imitation and cheap... hmmm... I also have some real orange flavor extract I was thinking of making a creamsicle shake with... maybe I'll try with about 1/2 the shake 1st and see if that works.

OK, FL, So glad to hear from you... I was beginning to worry b/c I'm so used to seeing you here! I'm glad you're sticking with it, I think it will work out, just keep on keepin on :0) As for the pancake, I'll have to look back at the recipe then get back with you... can't remember but I think it was 2.... hmmm... I'll be back.

OK, I'm back... it's 2...
Pancakes:
1/2 cup dry oatmeal
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1 pckt of splenda
1 pinch (or about 1/4 tsp) of baking powder
a sprinkle of cinnamon

Place dry oatmeal in food processor and grind until a course powder. Pour into bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Whisk together until you see bubbles forming in batter. Heat non-stick pan, spray with pam butter cooking spray, use large spoon to place 2-3 spoonfuls of batter into pan making each pancake about 3 inches round. Cook on each side until golden brown.

Recipe makes 2 servings = 1 starch, 2 oz protein each. Will need to add 2 oz of protein to get full breakfast serving.

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend! :0)

Last edited by Karen1234; 10-16-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread