Old 10-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #1  

Default JOURNALING!! The Second Time Around:)

You all are incredibly inspiring! I have enjoyed this website thoroughly!!! Now I'd love to get advice from you guys Second time around with MRC (first time was under the age of 40, and lost 75 lbs.). This time around...over 40 (okay, over 44!) and I'm having a heck of a time "journaling" my food. I know it begs the question "How badly do you want this? Why are you doing it?" and why can't you just "write it down!" I've had ideas of "planning" out my menus, then checking it off when I've eaten that meal...but would LOVE to hear if anybody else has had this problem...especially the second time around. Thanks!!!!
FootballMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #2  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballMom1 View Post
You all are incredibly inspiring! I have enjoyed this website thoroughly!!! Now I'd love to get advice from you guys Second time around with MRC (first time was under the age of 40, and lost 75 lbs.). This time around...over 40 (okay, over 44!) and I'm having a heck of a time "journaling" my food. I know it begs the question "How badly do you want this? Why are you doing it?" and why can't you just "write it down!" I've had ideas of "planning" out my menus, then checking it off when I've eaten that meal...but would LOVE to hear if anybody else has had this problem...especially the second time around. Thanks!!!!
Welcome back! I'm not a 2nd timer but I found the easiest way for me to keep track of what I eat is on my computer. After I weigh myself in the morning, I sit down at my computer and enter the morning and previous evening measurements into their spreadsheet and then update the Food Diary spreadsheet for the previous day. I can usually still remember what I had at each meal, what pills I took when, whether I did any exercise, etc. When I first started back in June I was entering things after each meal - seemed like most of my time was consumed either by reading & planning, then preparing each meal or by entering it into the spreadsheet. Once I got familiar with the Green Menu, I was able to spend less time as I knew what I needed. Now in stabilization, I am getting so confused as they are adding different things back in at different meals, but I really glad to be at this point.

I do not question your commitment; I think it may be harder 2nd time around. (This goes for you too Shelby) First time you are just doing what they tell you, each step is new and you try to follow just what they say; this time you know what to expect, you may not experiment as much as you know what you liked and didn't like the last time, and you know the little 'cheats' or rationalizations. Don't let them sabotage you. We aren't allow sweet onions and red peppers because of the sugar content in them, etc.

Glad to have you here - this is a fabulous forum and has been so helpful in inspiring me to do this so quickly and successfully. Have a great Fall (season as well as weight! ) jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #3  

Jeanette! Thank you for the post...that truly helps I think that the days get so consumed with kids, house, etc., that it's almost a "habit" to not put ourselves as "numero uno" to take care of! I like your idea of logging meals onto the computer...I'm going to try that! I was also thinking of another thread someone started about "why we want to lose weight." I think I'm going to print and post those close to the computer..and read them first thing in the morning, and throughout the day!
Thank you for your inspiration(s)! Here's to making some good habits last!!!
FootballMom1 is offline   Reply With Quote