3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Folded up the "fat pants" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/182761-folded-up-fat-pants.html)

shopgirl 09-27-2009 02:01 PM

Folded up the "fat pants"

I had a great moment yesterday and thought I'd share......I officially moved from a 16 to a 14! I fit into a pair of cute black shorts I haven't worn in 5-6 yrs (had plenty of room) and wore them out on a date w/my boyfriend! I walked out and he was like, "Whoa! You look great!" It was such a great feeling to have that victory last night!

I also folded up my size 16 jeans and officially dubbed them my "fat pants" since that was my biggest size and they're the jeans I wore to my first meeting and had my pics taken in. Felt so good to put them up (they're waiting for me to pose w/them in a pic when I reach my goal weight)! LOL!

I also had to go to Victoria's Secret to get fitted for a bra....went from a 40 to a 38!!! Unbelieveable! This is after 12 lbs gone and less than a month on plan! I'm so thrilled and look forward to many more neat experiences like the ones I listed above!

Who else saved a pair of pants for their goal day?!?!? I know I can't be alone! ;)

rip 09-27-2009 02:10 PM

shopgirl,
Congratulations on the new size. It's a wonderful feeling to get rid of the larger sizes. Fantastic that your boyfriend noticed how awesome you looked. For me I am getting rid of all my 'fat' clothes. I don't ever want to see them again!

Twelve pound lose is great and also a great motivator

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvi...178/218.5/.png

Started MRC 5/9/09

ljcole7469 09-27-2009 02:34 PM

Congrats to you!! What a great feeling! Every time you drop a size, send them on to goodwill or a consignment shop. Keep up the great work!

Windchime 09-27-2009 02:40 PM

I'm not doing MRC but yeah, I saved a couple pair of fat pants. Not so that I can wear them again, but so I can take the pictures! AND so I can try them on periodically to remind myself how big I was, and how I don't want to get there again.

I am, however, taking 3 garbage bags of Fat Clothes to Goodwill tomorrow. None of it fits and honestly, most of it was stuff that I just bought not because I liked it but because it's against the rules to go to work nekkid. So I sure won't miss any of it and maybe it'll be useful to someone else!

shopgirl 09-27-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip (Post 2945050)
shopgirl,
Congratulations on the new size. It's a wonderful feeling to get rid of the larger sizes. Fantastic that your boyfriend noticed how awesome you looked. For me I am getting rid of all my 'fat' clothes. I don't ever want to see them again!

Twelve pound lose is great and also a great motivator

Started MRC 5/9/09

Thx for the encouragement! I saw your ticker shows a 64 lb loss! Whoa! That's soooo awesome! I can't even imagine how that feels! I feel like I won the lottery after only 12 lbs gone! LOL! Can't wait til goal! Congrats to you....you're more than half way to your goal....you can do it!!!!!

rip 09-27-2009 03:29 PM

Shopgirl,
I can tell you it feels AWESOME, LIBERATING, SEXY and so many other things. I can't imagine how I will feel when it is all gone. It has not been all easy as I am sure you know. I came to a realization a few weeks ago. Someone asked me what diet I was on and I told them but then I realized that while I am on the MRC diet I have been eating this way for months now and frankly it no longer feels that much like a diet, rather a change in the way I eat. While I do miss some things when I was on vacation last week. I noticed that I missed 'my food'. I posted a pic. from b4 the diet and a current one. Big difference. Check it out if you like.

mrcb4after.shutterfly.com

Started MRC 5/9/09

Phat not Fat 09-27-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopgirl (Post 2945044)
I had a great moment yesterday and thought I'd share......I officially moved from a 16 to a 14! I fit into a pair of cute black shorts I haven't worn in 5-6 yrs (had plenty of room) and wore them out on a date w/my boyfriend! I walked out and he was like, "Whoa! You look great!" It was such a great feeling to have that victory last night!

I also folded up my size 16 jeans and officially dubbed them my "fat pants" since that was my biggest size and they're the jeans I wore to my first meeting and had my pics taken in. Felt so good to put them up (they're waiting for me to pose w/them in a pic when I reach my goal weight)! LOL!

I also had to go to Victoria's Secret to get fitted for a bra....went from a 40 to a 38!!! Unbelieveable! This is after 12 lbs gone and less than a month on plan! I'm so thrilled and look forward to many more neat experiences like the ones I listed above!

Who else saved a pair of pants for their goal day?!?!? I know I can't be alone! ;)

I saved the jeans and shirt that I wore in my MRC 'before' pic -- for the same reason you've saved yours. Everything else is going out the door! In fact, I had to buy some new clothes yesterday. I experienced something new. I was able to take a sale flyer into Younkers, point to the jacket I wanted, tried it on and it fit! In the past, I had to settle on clothes that I didn't necessarily care for, but bought only because they fit. I've gone from a size 20/22 in women's to a 14/16 misses and it's kind of mind-boggling. :dizzy:

Congrats to all those who need to get rid of bigger sizes!!

Phat not Fat 09-27-2009 03:35 PM

Rip --

You look awesome! Keep up the good work!

-- JJ

Lori123321 09-27-2009 08:06 PM

I saved one pair of my 'favorite" capri pants. They are a size 20. Just for the after picture. :D Other then those. I have donated 10 bags of clothes to Dress for success and Goodwill. Now I have my 16's to get rid of and 14's are getting loose. Just packed a size 10 jeans to wear on my trip and have a pair of 12's also. And a new little black dress size 10! Hoping to be able to wear that through the holidays and maybe after. So exciting, I have no idea what size I will be when I get to goal!

nepeanut 09-27-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopgirl (Post 2945044)

I'm a long ways from goal, but, what a great idea. I'm gonna keep my fat pants too!

shopgirl 09-27-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2945394)
I saved one pair of my 'favorite" capri pants. They are a size 20. Just for the after picture. :D Other then those. I have donated 10 bags of clothes to Dress for success and Goodwill. Now I have my 16's to get rid of and 14's are getting loose. Just packed a size 10 jeans to wear on my trip and have a pair of 12's also. And a new little black dress size 10! Hoping to be able to wear that through the holidays and maybe after. So exciting, I have no idea what size I will be when I get to goal!

I love how you have a bunch of different sizes...LOL! You sound like me! I have 6/8/10/12/14 and I'm phasing out my 16's! Well, I guess I've gotta little somethin' for everyone.....I could open my own consignment shop! :D

shopgirl 09-27-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phat not Fat (Post 2945108)
I saved the jeans and shirt that I wore in my MRC 'before' pic -- for the same reason you've saved yours. Everything else is going out the door! In fact, I had to buy some new clothes yesterday. I experienced something new. I was able to take a sale flyer into Younkers, point to the jacket I wanted, tried it on and it fit! In the past, I had to settle on clothes that I didn't necessarily care for, but bought only because they fit. I've gone from a size 20/22 in women's to a 14/16 misses and it's kind of mind-boggling. :dizzy:

Congrats to all those who need to get rid of bigger sizes!!

Awesome!! Your start date was August of this year?!?!? That's crazy!

I am trying to look for those "non scale victories" and I love hearing all the stories people have on this site!!

leahruthie 09-27-2009 11:43 PM

i bought a size 12 at the gap yesterday :D i have been wearing these jeans nonstop ever since, haha. between the new tiny (to me!) jeans and the big HUSKER WIN on saturday, it's been a great weekend, even though i didn't lose this week.

oddly enough, i too went to victoria's secret to get sized because my bras have felt really ill-fitting lately and i was shocked and amazed at the size they put me in, lol. i feel very "vavavoom" hehe

shopgirl 09-28-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahruthie (Post 2945611)
i bought a size 12 at the gap yesterday :D i have been wearing these jeans nonstop ever since, haha. between the new tiny (to me!) jeans and the big HUSKER WIN on saturday, it's been a great weekend, even though i didn't lose this week.

oddly enough, i too went to victoria's secret to get sized because my bras have felt really ill-fitting lately and i was shocked and amazed at the size they put me in, lol. i feel very "vavavoom" hehe

I had to laugh at u saying that u have been in the jeans non stop b/c I wore those shorts again today! LOL!

Glad you got to feel great in your "Vic's"! :)

cmb9697 09-28-2009 01:51 PM

Well... this is a very motivating string! Great job everyone! Keep on keeping on!!