Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take IV

Our next page for the MRC group. Be sure to check out the first 3 pages if you haven't seen them...there's some good info there.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #2  
Feelin' Great!

S/C/G: 177.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for starting a new thread, Hvnlymzic!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Height: 5'7"

Smile WI Today

I had WI today and I am down 2.5 pounds!!!!

Donuts – Cover your eyes!

I still have the bloated feeling of TOM, but he seems to be arriving very late. Has TOM been tardy for anyone else when they first started this program? I know a drastic change in diet can cause stress on the system so I am wondering if this is what is happening. So far, I am out 47 dollars on PG tests and of course all are negative. Can you tell I am worried?

I picked up the HNS I need to make this cheesecake everyone is talking about.

Last night my husband got upset because I fed him and the kids 15 Bean Soup (Which took me two days prep and 3 ˝ hours cooking). It wasn’t the soup he was upset over because he loves it, but when he saw me putting my buffalo steak on the GF he wanted to know why he doesn’t get to eat so well. Lucky for him when the steak was done it weighed 8 ounces so I gave him 2 ounces of steak along with his “slop”.

Good luck to everyone doing WI today and tomorrow!

Leigh
Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172/155

good morning all
wi this morning ...goodbye to 2 more lbs!! I wanted to be down 20 lbs by my dr.s appt on Tuesday so I have to be extra diligent this weekend! I can do it...We All CAN!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #5  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hvnlymzic Thanks for starting the new thread!! And sharing your normal meal plan.

nomoredonuts4me If I'm reading your last post right, you have lost 67 lbs in 13 weeks???? That is just amazing. 13 weeks is just a blink of an eye. I have a Tanita scale at home (not as fancy as the center) that I have always used. I realized yesterday when I hit 247 as my morning weight that I have lost 20 lbs this year. It took me 8 months of hard exercise and dieting to lose 8 lbs. In 20 days with MRC I've already dropped another 12 lbs. I can hardly wait for my blink of the eye moment when those lbs really start adding up.

4my2ltl1s - Whooohooo, another 2.5 lbs - good for you!

hoochinelly - 2 lbs !!! What a great week everyone is having.

I'm still home sick, I think every virus that I have missed over the past 5 yrs is hitting me all at once. So, I'm waiting for tomorrow for my WI. I'm sure all the uncontrolled coughin is burning the calories in place of the gym :-) Does any one know if we can have any kind of cough drops. I'm having so much trouble sleeping. The dr's gave me tylenol w/coedine on Wed, but I had a bad reaction to it. Miss Vitamin girl does not do well with chemical drugs! So I'm back to coughing all night.

Last edited by ShineOn; 09-28-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202.5/187/140

Height: 5/5

Hi everyone,
WI today Have lost a total of 10lbs. I just started to regular program this week. Last week 4 days was preconditioning. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. The only problem is loose stools. Has anyone else experienced
this problem.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6''

ShineOn - I'm sure Donuts could answer better, but Hubby takes sugar-free Halls when he needs a cough drop. I prefer the sugar-free Ricola throat losanges or just a sugar-free mint or piece of candy for the moisture since cough drops make my throat too dry for my own liking. Feel better soon!

4my2ltl1s - I have had irregular periods since starting...dropping the weight has definiately affected my cycle. BUT...FYI to all...losing weight really increases your fertility, so mind the birth control method of choice when losing weight, unless you're like me and losing weight so that you can get pregnant...then just be happy and have fun

hoochinelly - good luck on your milestone loss before the dr.s appt. I can't wait to go back to my doctor...she'll be so proud of me

Angelhealer - I totally get that...still...I've been told that its due to the change in diet and all of the good things we get now...but i like to think of it as my body washing the fat out Which could totally be true, right??

Last edited by Hvnlymzic; 09-28-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 177/167/150

Height: 5'6"

I don’t post often – I want to, but I must have a voyeur gene or something cause I just linger out here & read all the post – steal your thoughts, recipes, great ideas & laugh with you to help keep me going.

Hvnlymzc – Wow WTG girl…8 pounds is incredible!

nomoredonuts4me – You are an inspiration – keep it up

aszimmer1 – We all feel like we know your DH – Give him a big proud hello & hug from us all

Shinneon – Thanks for reposting the cheesecake recipe – I keep forgetting to look it up. OP for 8 months & I have never made it! But I will this weekend

We just got back from a long vacation & I lost a pound! Didn’t eat terribly, but I am a girl with an eating issue so I did succumb a bit. Did lots & lots of walking so I know that helped.

WI is again tomorrow so hoping the vaca won’t be catching up with me. Wish me luck y’all.

Thanks to everyone for being there & posting everyday – you really help to keep me focused!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #9  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Just checking in to wish everyone a great weekend! I had my WI today and maintained...no loss, so no BIG BOARD signing, but I was fine with that...it's a lot like when I just couldn't quite sign that 20 lb board!

I know I will get to sign the 50 lb board next week though!

Biggest news is that Nan met Jan!!! LOL! And she's just as cute as can be too! *waves to Jan*

Anyone else from the board run into each other at the centers?

TGIF everyone and have a great, safe, stress-free and thinful (as opposed to sinful) weekend!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!

So many good things happening here. Whoo Hoo to all those great losses! You all are such great inspiration for me! I had my starting weigh in yesterday. I had gained 1.5 on preconditioning, but I was only on three days and had increased my water tremendously! I am so excited to get going on this. Had the day off today, so I slept in and meal times are all messed up. I am just about to eat lunch! My first HNS was great! Since I am insulin dependent, I have a special meal plan. It really is a lot of food. I am amazed at the variety that is available. My daughter so excited to try bison. I have plans to shop and plan tomorrow since my family will be gone for the weekend!

Nan11 NanaDB and Shineon go to my center, but we have not met yet!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 PM   #11  
amanda

S/C/G: 169/154/132

Height: 5ft 2in

Default need advice

I wi today did not lose an ounce, kinda depressed but the center said I did not gain so that was good and suggested I eat white fish for supper this week said it can jump start you, I was extremely hungry this week so iam switching to hoodia tried the metabolic appetite control it just made more hungry and only in the evenings, so what you alls experience with the hoodia

right now I take with every meal
menopause multi
corti-trim
mrc 6
flaxoil

2 times a day trace minerals

nighttime internal cleanser only 1 that stuff works to good tmi

in your opinion am I missing something? should I ad something?

thanks alot for the help
Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #12  

Good news today....

1st ~ I got to met (and ) Nan11! I knew she was in Auburn but I had yet to meet her! Nan, I can't wait until I'm your size!! You are an inspiration! I am blessed to have met you on line and in person!!!

2nd ~ 4.5lbs of JanT is gone as of this morning!!! Tuesday I hope to sign the 25 pound board. I have been yo-yoing entirely tooooo much lately...it's time to get serious! I have the cruise coming up in Dec and I would love to drop another size or so before we leave. (nomoredonuts4me...thanks for the , it worked!!!)

Hvnlymzic ~ thanks for the link! I'm still thinking about your 8 pounds! You amaze me! The fish really does work, when I have fish 3 or more nights a week I always have a good loss! At Kroger today....I bought fish, fish and more fish! I bake it with a sprinkle of Old Bay and throw in a handful of green/yellow/red peppers. Like you, I tend to eat the same things!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend! Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:02 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky40 View Post
I wi today did not lose an ounce, kinda depressed but the center said I did not gain so that was good and suggested I eat white fish for supper this week said it can jump start you, I was extremely hungry this week so iam switching to hoodia tried the metabolic appetite control it just made more hungry and only in the evenings, so what you alls experience with the hoodia

right now I take with every meal
menopause multi
corti-trim
mrc 6
flaxoil

2 times a day trace minerals

nighttime internal cleanser only 1 that stuff works to good tmi

in your opinion am I missing something? should I ad something?

thanks alot for the help
You should never take MRC 6 & fax oil caps together. MRC 6 is a fat absorber & does not know the difference between good fat (flax) & bad fat. So it is grabbing the oil out of your flax caps & flushing it right out.

Donuts~~I defer to you for a more professional explanation. OBTW, way to keep us motivated. Your losses are fantastic!
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

ShineOn - Have you tried TheraFlu? It works great calming coughs and helps with the body aches. I had the flu earlier this week too. Get well soon!

Angelhealer - Congrats on your first 10 pounds! Keep up the good work! Loose stools? I haven't heard that one... most of us have the opposite problem! I'm sure you'll get back to normal soon.

smgyorkie - Good luck on the WI tomorrow!

Donuts - Amazing weight loss! What kind of exercising do you do, and how much/often?

Nan and Jan - what fun, to meet another groupie in person! I think I'm the only person on the West Coast here.

Lucky40 - More important than the pills, are you weighing your food and sticking to the plan? I take the Enhancer. I tried Hoodia, but I was hungry ALL the time, like you describe with the Enhancer. You could try the All-Day Weight Loss if the Hoodia doesn't work for you. Guggul is supposed to help with cravings for salty, fatty foods (my personal demons).

As for me, I signed the 50-pound board today!!! This program is truly amazing. Though I was told I could reach this weight by Memorial Day, I'll take it slow instead of not at all. We did a Tanita again, but my impedance has been way off the last few times so they say it's not valid. Has anyone else experienced your impedance changing dramatically after losing a lot of weight?

Sounds like people have had a good week! Let's keep it up!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #15  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

jantdieting 4.5 pounds!!! 25 pound board....no prob

Hvnlymzic and jantdieting let's make this fish eatin week, and see who loses the most weight.

Shineon I've actually lost 66.5 pounds in 15 weeks. MRC doesn't count the first week of pre-conditioning. Thanks to you though, I checked my contract and found that MRC made a mistake on my end date. So they gave me 5 more weeks for free. About the coughing. I think Hvnlymzic's idea of sugar-free throat lozenges is a great idea. I'm a big fan of Nyquil. It will slow your weight loss due to the 10% alcohol it contains, but if you can't get to sleep it helps a lot. I buy the jumbo bottle of the generic brand at Sam's Club. BTW, lack of sleep can also slow your metabolism.

Mary V Currently I go to the gym and use their elliptical Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for an hour each day. I usually max out to 90% of my heart rate. Each elliptical has it's own LCD TV which is real nice. On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I exercise my rotator cuff (upper shoulder) with 4 exercises using 5 lb dumbells and a rubber medium-resistance toning band for 30-60 minutes each day. I also get a lot of exercise doing yard work, climbing stairs at work, and chasing my kids. I'm probably exercising more than MRC recommends, but my energy and determination is very high.

NanaDB From my understanding, my center told me it's ok to combine MRC-6 with flax seed oil or fish oil. MRC-6 is not a fat blocker like Chitosan. I take MRC-6 with fish oil.

This may be my last post. I gave a certain 3FC moderator (Aphil) a piece of my mind on another thread. It seems to me that she's bashing MRC people. Maybe not, but I noticed she has started and posted with the LA Weight Loss group which makes me a little suspicious.

Everyone keep up the great work!!!

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 09-29-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Closed Thread