3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Why do we switch menus?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Why do we switch menus?

Just wondering if anyone knows why they say we can only stay on the yellow for 4 days, then blue and then green for good? I lost really well on the yellow, pretty good on blue but I'm just suckin' eggs on the green. I miss the losses on the yellow! Is it due to nutrition or are they just afraid that we'll get burned out on the limited food choices on the yellow? They keep telling me how good I'm doing on plan, but my average is dropping every week. I'm avg about 2.3 lbs per week right now. Since I've been on green, my weekly losses are about 1.5 per week. Would it kill everything if I went back on yellow to kick start me again? I know my center wouldn't approve, but they just keep offering me pills, creams or "you're doing just fine" comments. I'll miss my deadline at this rate and it doesn't sound like the guarentee is really a guarentee. I've stuck to plan, yet they told me I'd have to pay to re-up. However, if it is a nutritional thing, I don't want to kill myself trying to get healthy, kinda' defeats the purpose. However, i really didn't mind the food on yellow. Any ideas?
__________________
Started Precon 7-14-09. Started Menus on 7-18-09
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RonnieAdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 424

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default

I would like to know why they keep wanting me to buy more stuff AFTER they tell me how well I am doing losing the average 6lbs a week? I don't get it. I am doing fine but I am taking so many of the things they keep selling me I don't know which one is working and which isn't or are any of them working? I keep politely telling them I can't afford to spend 100 dollars or more each time I come in for a weigh in. They just keep pushing the stuff. Maybe I am just weak.. I know this is how they make most of their money but really, I am going to be homeless here pretty soon.. (not really)..

Ronnie
__________________
192.0/188.0/140.0
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I would like to know why they keep wanting me to buy more stuff AFTER they tell me how well I am doing losing the average 6lbs a week? I don't get it. I am doing fine but I am taking so many of the things they keep selling me I don't know which one is working and which isn't or are any of them working? I keep politely telling them I can't afford to spend 100 dollars or more each time I come in for a weigh in. They just keep pushing the stuff. Maybe I am just weak.. I know this is how they make most of their money but really, I am going to be homeless here pretty soon.. (not really)..

Ronnie
I hear ya! I broke down and bought one of their creams. Belatedly I thought about it and called my OB and she threatened my life if I took it. Guess I should have checked with her first eh? I just miss the good ol' yellow menu days. I would like to try going back to it, but don't want to end up malnourished (sp?).

Awsome job on the 6lbs/ week though! WOW!
__________________
Started Precon 7-14-09. Started Menus on 7-18-09
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
Member
 
desilu0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Default

I was wondering the same thing about the menus. I even asked at the beginning if I could do two extra days on the yellow menu but the lady just looked at me like I was crazy once she finally understood my question, and the answer was no. And ignoring the big weight loss on the yellow menu, I am losing about a pound a week. But I am happy to be on the green menu, I quickly grew tired of salads with no tomatoes.

I think it's just that the yellow and blue menus are so low in calories that it would be unhealthy for your body to be on them long-term. I think I have to finally break down and exercise. I've been too depressed at the beginning to do anything, but I think I'm finally coming out of my funk and ready to make this work. I'll ask at my center on friday if no one else has a good answer for you. I'm pretty comfortable asking anything there to most of the counselors and they usually can give me at least a reason that sounds like they didn't just pull it out of their..... lol.

And Ronnie, you just have to get up the courage to say "No". And quickly walk out.
__________________
Weight Loss with MRC

desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
Soul Cyster
 
beerab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,487

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

You just have to put your foot down and say NO.
__________________
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Michelle86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 21

S/C/G: 237/221/167

Height: 5'10

Default

They asked me if I wanted to get any more of the herbs & vitamins they had me on because I should be running out now and I told them I'm out of the Endurance but I'm not going to get it for now and they asked why and I said cause money is kind of tight right now and they didn't go any further.
Michelle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 40

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I was wondering the same thing about the menus. I even asked at the beginning if I could do two extra days on the yellow menu but the lady just looked at me like I was crazy once she finally understood my question, and the answer was no. And ignoring the big weight loss on the yellow menu, I am losing about a pound a week. But I am happy to be on the green menu, I quickly grew tired of salads with no tomatoes.

I think it's just that the yellow and blue menus are so low in calories that it would be unhealthy for your body to be on them long-term. I think I have to finally break down and exercise. I've been too depressed at the beginning to do anything, but I think I'm finally coming out of my funk and ready to make this work. I'll ask at my center on friday if no one else has a good answer for you. I'm pretty comfortable asking anything there to most of the counselors and they usually can give me at least a reason that sounds like they didn't just pull it out of their..... lol.

And Ronnie, you just have to get up the courage to say "No". And quickly walk out.
Thank you! I would appreciate that. I'd really like to find out!
__________________
Started Precon 7-14-09. Started Menus on 7-18-09
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:19 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Lori123321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 365

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I would like to know why they keep wanting me to buy more stuff AFTER they tell me how well I am doing losing the average 6lbs a week? I don't get it. I am doing fine but I am taking so many of the things they keep selling me I don't know which one is working and which isn't or are any of them working? I keep politely telling them I can't afford to spend 100 dollars or more each time I come in for a weigh in. They just keep pushing the stuff. Maybe I am just weak.. I know this is how they make most of their money but really, I am going to be homeless here pretty soon.. (not really)..

Ronnie
Ronnie, when I was out of a job this summer, I asked them to put a note on my chart to not ask me to purchase any more pills. I was broke and tired of being asked to purchase more. I explained that when I need something, I will ask them for it. They were very good about it after I was told I had to purchase the MVT and Flax from them. I kinda had a meltdown and cried. They agreed that the twice a week requests were causing me more stress and when I said my only other option was to stop the plan because I simply couldn't afford to purchase anything else.
__________________


15 pound Challenge!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
Member
 
desilu0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Default

Ok, so I asked yesterday about why we can't stay on the yellow menu. She said it's because the yellow menu is putting us on a fast and if we stayed on it too long our bodies would go into starvation mode and our metabolism would slow way down. We'd probably gain back a lot of the weight lost from this when we started back on regular meals and foods. Then they put us on the blue menu next to gradually get our bodies used to more foods. Then the green to get used to losing weight while eating everything we need to be healthy.
__________________
Weight Loss with MRC

desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: tx
Posts: 4

S/C/G: 210/178/160

Height: 5-8

Default

I am so confused by all of this. I am on the Meta slim plus for a week now. I asked the other day if this would be the diet for the whole time and they told me as soon as I was under 200, I would go to one with smaller portions. Can anyone survive on less than what I am getting now?
RuthAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
kimtpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 24

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthAnne View Post
I am so confused by all of this. I am on the Meta slim plus for a week now. I asked the other day if this would be the diet for the whole time and they told me as soon as I was under 200, I would go to one with smaller portions. Can anyone survive on less than what I am getting now?
I can, I find the Meta Slim Plus to be way too much food for me, sometimes I feel as though I'm going to explode. I would be much happier with only a 4oz portion of protein.
__________________

October Goal


kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2