Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

I asked at my WI today and the only thing I was told that the packaging was new....everything else is supposedly the same BUT they did take aspartame out of the vanilla pudding (which is actually a great thing). I've never tasted any of the puddings so I'm not sure but I thought I'd pass that on!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I have a bunch of the old double chocolate and vanilla puddings that I never use.

I prefer to stick to the concentrates. If someone is interested in mine, PM me.

My computer is down though so I'll check my PMs at my sister's every couple of days or so.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymo View Post
I was really excited to try the creamies after my time on the yellow menu... I must say I was not impressed. Very strange after taste. Im not sure that I will be making this part of my normal plan.
. I told the director at our center that I heard the double chocolate pudding in the new packaging was horrible, so she made me some to taste. I thought the taste while eating it was okay (not great), but it does have a strong aftertaste that lasted a few hours. I won't be buying any more.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
I should clarify....I have had chocolate pudding almost every single day of my 150 days on program and loved how it tasted every single time. I don't know if I got a bad box or what...just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Maybe my tastebuds are on a vacation?
I had my first taste of the new boxed chocolate pudding last night. It was sweeter and it...was...green in places. Ew.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good evening everyone,

I have to stock up on HNS's this week. I had never purchased any of the puddings, but now after reading all the posts here, I guess I will by pass them, which is sad, because everyone was making them sound so good on other threads.

So tell me, the hot chocolate and cappucchino are still good? And what about the Cream of Chicken, is that used in many of the recipes or is the Clear Chicken used more? Just want to stock up on the right things this time. How about the Strawberry jello, is that pretty good?

Thanks for anyone's help on this.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #36  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Good evening everyone,

I have to stock up on HNS's this week. I had never purchased any of the puddings, but now after reading all the posts here, I guess I will by pass them, which is sad, because everyone was making them sound so good on other threads.

So tell me, the hot chocolate and cappucchino are still good? And what about the Cream of Chicken, is that used in many of the recipes or is the Clear Chicken used more? Just want to stock up on the right things this time. How about the Strawberry jello, is that pretty good?

Thanks for anyone's help on this.
Fifties Lady - I still have a stock pile of the old vanilla and chocolate pudding and have liked them thus far...however I am nervous about the new "improvements" MRC has made, but I will purchase a box each to try because they do add the little treat daily if I need a sweet fix and I love to mix the vanilla with cottage cheese and fruit, splenda and water in a blender to make a shake for lunch. . I do not use both the chicken HNS - I just can't stand the clear chicken and the cream of chicken has SO MUCH sodium per serving something like 690 in it and any extra sodium makes me retain water and I never show a loss after eating/drinking it so I skip it but it is good...I do like the Strawberry jello both as a jello and as a hot drink...I add less water when making a jello to get a better "jello" texture. I love the hot cocoa - I add a tbsp of instant decafe coffee, dash of cinnamon, and a packet of splenda and drink...very good. Cappuccino is good too but I "doctor" it as well with extra decafe coffee and vanilla extract. I think everyone has different likes and dislikes with the HNS as I really like the carmel nut bar after a good run, others just hate it...I love the wildberry ice cold and drink this as my main HNS, I have probably 5 boxes of it...others hate it! If your center has a sample/trade basket this will give you an opportunity to try different HNS without having to purchase a box. I sometimes mix half a hot cocoa with half a cappuccino, good.

Last edited by GWE140; 10-01-2009 at 07:00 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:57 AM   #37  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Fifties Lady,
I like the Strawberry Jello - would make with just the recommended amount of water and eat half, save other half for treat next day - and that is how I used it - as a treat, an extra HNS when I needed something special. Same for the Vanilla Pudding, half one day often with fruit, other half next day.

I got and have used occasionally both chickens and tomato but have rarely used them and do not see a real reason to use them. Use your own spices, herbs, flavorings - I used fresh tomatoes to give things like chili a bit of the tomato sauce. I also purchased jars of spaghetti sauce that were made with just vegetables - no sugar, now sodium - used ground bison to make meat spaghetti sauce for family. I used a slotted spoon to get my meat out of the sauce to go on my spaghetti squash. A little of the tomato sauce stuck to the meat but not much.

We have always felt that it was not good to heat the protein powder we buy so (pre-MRC) I would not use it in my coffee but I would use powdered skim milk. I would use the protein powder and powdered milk in shakes. I am not in week three of Stabilization and can have the powdered milk again and I am so happy. Dollar for dollar it is the best buy to get protein ($1 gets you 58g protein along with calcium - problem is there are the milk sugars also, so you have to wait until you are almost finished with MRC to get it again) In contrast, the protein we are buying thru MRC or even dietdirect.com $1 gets you 10 - 15g protein - pretty expensive but it is nothing but protein so for the program, it is worth it - and is in enough different forms almost everyone can find something they like!

Sorry I ramble on so. FL did you check with Little Edie to see if she sold her puddings? THere was also another thread where a gal was trying to sell her products. Good luck - I love hearing from you - I have ever since you first started asking questions. Hang in there - you are doing great especially without their herbs etc. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Fifties Lady - I still have a stock pile of the old vanilla and chocolate pudding and have liked them thus far...however I am nervous about the new "improvements" MRC has made, but I will purchase a box each to try because they do add the little treat daily if I need a sweet fix and I love to mix the vanilla with cottage cheese and fruit, splenda and water in a blender to make a shake for lunch. . I do not use both the chicken HNS - I just can't stand the clear chicken and the cream of chicken has SO MUCH sodium per serving something like 690 in it and any extra sodium makes me retain water and I never show a loss after eating/drinking it so I skip it but it is good...I do like the Strawberry jello both as a jello and as a hot drink...I add less water when making a jello to get a better "jello" texture. I love the hot cocoa - I add a tbsp of instant decafe coffee, dash of cinnamon, and a packet of splenda and drink...very good. Cappuccino is good too but I "doctor" it as well with extra decafe coffee and vanilla extract. I think everyone has different likes and dislikes with the HNS as I really like the carmel nut bar after a good run, others just hate it...I love the wildberry ice cold and drink this as my main HNS, I have probably 5 boxes of it...others hate it! If your center has a sample/trade basket this will give you an opportunity to try different HNS without having to purchase a box. I sometimes mix half a hot cocoa with half a cappuccino, good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Fifties Lady,
I like the Strawberry Jello - would make with just the recommended amount of water and eat half, save other half for treat next day - and that is how I used it - as a treat, an extra HNS when I needed something special. Same for the Vanilla Pudding, half one day often with fruit, other half next day.

I got and have used occasionally both chickens and tomato but have rarely used them and do not see a real reason to use them. Use your own spices, herbs, flavorings - I used fresh tomatoes to give things like chili a bit of the tomato sauce. I also purchased jars of spaghetti sauce that were made with just vegetables - no sugar, now sodium - used ground bison to make meat spaghetti sauce for family. I used a slotted spoon to get my meat out of the sauce to go on my spaghetti squash. A little of the tomato sauce stuck to the meat but not much.

We have always felt that it was not good to heat the protein powder we buy so (pre-MRC) I would not use it in my coffee but I would use powdered skim milk. I would use the protein powder and powdered milk in shakes. I am not in week three of Stabilization and can have the powdered milk again and I am so happy. Dollar for dollar it is the best buy to get protein ($1 gets you 58g protein along with calcium - problem is there are the milk sugars also, so you have to wait until you are almost finished with MRC to get it again) In contrast, the protein we are buying thru MRC or even dietdirect.com $1 gets you 10 - 15g protein - pretty expensive but it is nothing but protein so for the program, it is worth it - and is in enough different forms almost everyone can find something they like!

Sorry I ramble on so. FL did you check with Little Edie to see if she sold her puddings? THere was also another thread where a gal was trying to sell her products. Good luck - I love hearing from you - I have ever since you first started asking questions. Hang in there - you are doing great especially without their herbs etc. jeanette
Thank you so much for your input...you have really helped me make some decisions. I have made chicken/veggie soup with the Clear Chicken when I was sick with the flu, and it really was pretty good, but it did have an after taste. I found sodium free Chicken Broth and I think I am going to give that a shot...way so much cheaper. With the plateau I am in now for almost the whole month of September, I best stay away from the creamies for awhile. I plan to go in tomorrow for another disappointing WI since the scale has been up and down one pound each day. If October doesn't start with better results, then I am really going to wonder what the heck is going on. This is way to expensive to lose nothing for a month, let alone heartbreaking. I know many of you have gone through the plateau, and I really have to say you are troopers to not give up!!! If it wasn't for all the wonderful posters here, I probably would have mid-month!!! We shall see what happens tomorrow.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #39  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Thank you so much for your input...you have really helped me make some decisions. I have made chicken/veggie soup with the Clear Chicken when I was sick with the flu, and it really was pretty good, but it did have an after taste. I found sodium free Chicken Broth and I think I am going to give that a shot...way so much cheaper. With the plateau I am in now for almost the whole month of September, I best stay away from the creamies for awhile. I plan to go in tomorrow for another disappointing WI since the scale has been up and down one pound each day. If October doesn't start with better results, then I am really going to wonder what the heck is going on. This is way to expensive to lose nothing for a month, let alone heartbreaking. I know many of you have gone through the plateau, and I really have to say you are troopers to not give up!!! If it wasn't for all the wonderful posters here, I probably would have mid-month!!! We shall see what happens tomorrow.
I feel you there FL and can relate first hand. August/September have been VERY hard months for me as I've lost less than 10 pounds total I believe. All I can say is just to hang in there and it will come off (at least I'm hoping it will).
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
I needed chocolate pudding so I bought a box yesterday. I'd been waiting for it all day. I noticed new packaging on the box, but my center has been phasing in all of the new packaging on everything. Anyway, the pudding is so GROSS. There has to be something different in the way they make it because it does not taste the same. I also got a bit of the dry powder mix on the counter and went to wipe it up with a damp cloth and some of the specks in the pudding turned green. What's up with that? Anyone know?
By new packaging - is it now a green box? I had a white/black box which is why I ask...thanks
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #41  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
By new packaging - is it now a green box? I had a white/black box which is why I ask...thanks
Yes it is in the green box. The 'old stuff' was the box you currently have. Enjoy it while you have it (unless of course you don't like it )
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Fifties Lady,

Jeanette: Where do you get ground bison in Cary? I found bison burgers at Trader Joes, but haven't seen ground bison. Thanks - Ali
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #43  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali g View Post
Jeanette: Where do you get ground bison in Cary? I found bison burgers at Trader Joes, but haven't seen ground bison. Thanks - Ali
Ali, I get it at BJ's Warehouse - $8.99 for 2 lb package. I once got a piece of flank steak at Whole Foods at Ridge Road for a reasonable price but the steaks are more expensive than I can afford. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote