Hello everyone. My name is Ginna and I am just starting the Metabolic diet again. I had been on it a little over a year ago and I lost about 20 lbs.
When I was previously on the diet, I was always in a hurry so I had made meals from the menus that I can prepare quickly such as salads with eggs and meat. Now that I am really getting into cooking and have more time, I plan on cooking my meals. So here are my questions:
1. Are there any limitations on spices I can use? And which ones can I use? (Especially any kinds of salts).
2. Am I allowed to eat condiments? If so, how much?
3. As far as the serving size for the proteins, do they have to be 6 oz. AFTER or BEFORE it's cooked?
4. Am I allowed to use any kind of oil as long as I do not exceed the suggested 2 teaspoon amount? (I use virgin oil and sesame oil).
5. Instead of eating a hard block of cheddar cheese, would I be able to eat Velveeta cheese in the block form?
6. Which menu do I start out on? I was informed that I start with 3 then move down to the first one.
7. Isn't there a specific menu for the first week? I remember the first week's menu was pretty lenient, but I had to cut out coffee, sugar, a lot of carbs.
8. Is there a limit on beef on any of the weeks or is it all of the weeks? For example, I think I remember a limit on beef for twice a week for menu 2 at dinner only.
9. Am I allowed to drink milk? I can't remember...
10. Are there any specific limitations?
Thanks everyone for your help!