Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

Default its getting very hard!

wanted to get some support for the fellow mrc members..... i feel like its getting harder and harder for me to stay on track and not think about cheating.... im so board with the food and have yet to cheat! i feel like i do the same thing over and over and over again everyday!! my husband is an awesome support system but i need someone that know what its like.... please help me get thru this idk what else to do!
thanks
alisha
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/311/175

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisanchez18 View Post
wanted to get some support for the fellow mrc members..... i feel like its getting harder and harder for me to stay on track and not think about cheating.... im so board with the food and have yet to cheat! i feel like i do the same thing over and over and over again everyday!! my husband is an awesome support system but i need someone that know what its like.... please help me get thru this idk what else to do!
thanks
alisha
Hey Kid,
I am new at this too, and i wanted fried chicken and pototoe salad so bad tonight, but i didn't do it!!! Don't give up!!! You have the strength to get though this tuff spot... I weighted today for the frist time i have lost some weight, so i know that not cheating and keep going and there will be results!!!! Hang in there ok, ((*Cyber Hugs from an old woman!!*))
misswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #3  
Jaime in E. TX

S/C/G: 292.5/277.5/size 10

Height: 5'4"

Hey Alisha!!

I know what you mean! Sometimes, the food just gets boring. I see all of my family eating other things that I would much rather have...I'm just sick and tired of chicken.

On the other hand, I know that I'm doing what's right for me and it won't be forever that I can't have those things...just for a little while.

Ok, so that doesn't help, right? Have you checked out the recipe thread? There's some really cool recipes in there.

I'm going to go to WM tomorrow and get some buffalo. It's really good. Also, I'm gonna pick up a turkey breast and put that in the oven. The nice thing about these 2 things is that EVERYone can have that! And, it's good!!

Don't give up! You've already gotten so far!

I hope this helped a bit. Jaime
Jaimesgettinskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there, honey. We have all been there. Remember fried chicken will be there after the diet is over. But you may not feel the same about it. Remember every meal you have is a choice. Eating the right things for your body to become healthier is a step by step process. And only you can take those steps.
This diet is hard but it works! Try to think of it as a short term inconvience for a long term benefit. Right now sucks! You are feeling deprived and probably isolated from others because you are eating differently. That is the reality of what we need to push through to get to where we want to be. What are your goals? Not just your goal weight, but what does being at your goal weight mean to you? Make a list and compare it to what food is tempting you and what that means to you. Stay strong and know you are not alone!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'11

I too am tired of the food and got so that I didn't even want it.

I was out of town this weekend and ate off program. It tasted wonderful but on Monday I was full of guilt because I was afraid I had undone the good I had done.

I ate on program Monday but it was hard. I know that I need to put more effort into my meal planning. I don't enjoy cooking and time is an issue too.

The things I do like about this way of eating is I am not craving the bad carbs near as much as I do on other "diets" and I do believe the protein supplements are good for me.

And this message board is full of women who have lost a significant amount of weight and believe in the program. That is why I am willing to pick up my boot straps and keep going on this program.

Last edited by Bath Sky; 09-15-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Bath Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

I am also tired of the food. I am having trouble wanting to eat breakfast in the morning. It's not that I don't like my breakfast options, it's just that I don't want to eat. Anywho. Lunch is very trying because I'm tired of salad. But I know that if I can just make it a couple more days I'll get to the green menu where I hear my options open up a lot. I'm so excited to try all the recipes since for the yellow/blue menus dinner is pretty limited. I'm tired of eating green anything, lol! But we can do it! We just have to be a bit more creative with our meals to keep interest. And if anything, post your protein here and maybe someone here can help you out.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i got sick of salad within the first week, hehe... so now i only eat it about once or twice a week (when i go out to lunch with my work friends) and the rest of the time i eat raw broccoli or cauliflower or raw green beans, yum. or TOMATOES! although my garden is about ready to crap out, so i'll have to start buying tomatoes soon.

i agree, though, that the foods get tiring. i haven't yet been able to find any buffalo (any recommendations, ladies from lincoln?), so basically my protein choices are always either cottage cheese, hard cheese, or chicken breast, and i know too much cottage cheese and hard cheese aren't really that great for me, but i don't know what else to do. i don't always have time to cook something, you know? so the protein is definitely where i struggle the most--i'm fine with melba toast twice a day and i am fine with choosing a fruit for lunch, but protein, man....
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

hey alisha! i remember u being fairly new 2 the program.. have u reached green menu yet? cuz on the blue n yellow it seems like forever with fewer food options. i suggest taking some time off to plan ur meals thru the week .. throw in treats (cheesecake 4 monday breakfast, mayb a choco strawberry dip wednesday lunch, fried chicken on friday nite ..) soups are a good way 2 quickly get thru ur 8 oz veggies if ur not really a veggie person .. i usually like 2 reward myself to a creamy at the end of the day - for staying op as well it keeps me looking forward 2 that 'treat' till the end of day .. "normal" food gets boring too n that why we pig out - remember this is the best thing u can do 4 urself now. my counselor once told me that every time u cheat it costs you an extra $20 - thats the amt of supplements/ hns u need 2 buy extra 2 compensate! hang in there n when u see ur weight loss happen n all the compliments u get u'l be so glad 4 not cheating! stay tough! u can do it!!
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/151.5/135

Okay, a few things I've picked up lately. First of all, I have trouble with veggies because I'm usually running kids here or there. I've learned to buy the grape tomatos. Super easy to travel with! I pretty much live on those now. Secondly, for protein... I've been avoiding my favorite seasoning for chicken, McCormics Mesquite, because it has to be made with oil and has sodium. Now, I finally thought it through, it has only 1/4 C oil for 5 or 6 chicken breasts. Also, when you divide up the sodium between the 5, it's WAY lower than even my lemon pepper which I was using. I also don't mind eating these leftovers cold. So, try looking at some differnt seasonings and see if there's something else you can use to mix it up a bit. I also use mock crab meat once a week when i'm on the run. Other ideas, if you cook up turkey breast or another meat, try slicing it super thin like lunch meat. I've also, when desperate for travel or quick protein, gone to the deli and found their lowest sodium turkey and gotten that.

Good luck and be as creative as possible! We'll get there soon...
3ducksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
hey alisha! i remember u being fairly new 2 the program.. have u reached green menu yet? cuz on the blue n yellow it seems like forever with fewer food options. i suggest taking some time off to plan ur meals thru the week .. throw in treats (cheesecake 4 monday breakfast, mayb a choco strawberry dip wednesday lunch, fried chicken on friday nite ..) soups are a good way 2 quickly get thru ur 8 oz veggies if ur not really a veggie person .. i usually like 2 reward myself to a creamy at the end of the day - for staying op as well it keeps me looking forward 2 that 'treat' till the end of day .. "normal" food gets boring too n that why we pig out - remember this is the best thing u can do 4 urself now. my counselor once told me that every time u cheat it costs you an extra $20 - thats the amt of supplements/ hns u need 2 buy extra 2 compensate! hang in there n when u see ur weight loss happen n all the compliments u get u'l be so glad 4 not cheating! stay tough! u can do it!!

i am on my final menu.... dont get me wrong there is way more stuff on there but i dont eat fish so i just eat chicken and turkey with the exception on lean red meat every once in awhile... i love veggies but not all last night i tried asparagus omg it was so nasty lol..... my favs are broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumbers, green beans..... im trying to branch out and try new things lol..... thanks so much for the helpful words im gonna try and let myself have a little something....
Old 09-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #11  

thanks you all for your support! i love this site!!! im on my final menu until i reach my goal weight but i still feel like i may not be able to stick to it until i reach my goal weight.... i have stayed on track but boy has pizza been calling my name!!! i want some so mad!!!! so for the rest one the week im gonna try and stay focused on my goal weight and not let the pizza get the best of me lol...... thanks again everyone you guys are so awesome!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
thanks you all for your support! i love this site!!! im on my final menu until i reach my goal weight but i still feel like i may not be able to stick to it until i reach my goal weight.... i have stayed on track but boy has pizza been calling my name!!! i want some so mad!!!! so for the rest one the week im gonna try and stay focused on my goal weight and not let the pizza get the best of me lol...... thanks again everyone you guys are so awesome!
If pizza's what you want then make yourself a MRC friendly pizza...I do it with 1/2 flat bread (50 cals) no sauce, but lots of veggies, sometimes cooked chicken or buffalo etc and a little cheese on top...put under the broiler and eat...I do put fresh tomatoes and seasonings and it is great...
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
If pizza's what you want then make yourself a MRC friendly pizza...I do it with 1/2 flat bread (50 cals) no sauce, but lots of veggies, sometimes cooked chicken or buffalo etc and a little cheese on top...put under the broiler and eat...I do put fresh tomatoes and seasonings and it is great...

yum that sounds good! i might just have to try that! i didnt know we could have flat bread? i have only been eating whats on the menu... maybe thats why im so board.... are we aloud to have other things if it in low in calories, sodium, carbs, ext?..
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

does anybody know if braggs amino acids (4 soy sauce) is legally allowed on the meta slim plan?? i bought one & my counselor said a big NO though i remember seeing it on this site --
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
yum that sounds good! i might just have to try that! i didnt know we could have flat bread? i have only been eating whats on the menu... maybe thats why im so board.... are we aloud to have other things if it in low in calories, sodium, carbs, ext?..

I was told I could have the La Tortilla Factory tortillas, 50 cals each and 1/2 flat bread - lite is 45 cals and regular whole grain is 50. The brand I buy is Flat Out Flatbread health grain milt-grain with flax. I use this for making small wraps for dinner, I also tear the flat bread into small pieces, spray it with ICBINB and put cinnamon mixed with splenda on it and broil, then put it in little baggies for my starch when I need a break or want a sweet treat. I have also made scrambled eggs with cheese and made breakfast wraps with it...half of the flatbread makes a good size "borrito". I spray half a wrap with ICBINB lightly dust it with sodium free taco flavoring broil and make chips for my taco salad...all approved by my center! I have been told that the goal with the "bread" selection is to keep it at 45-50 cal, and keep only with sliced bread, approved tortillas, and flatbread.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote