Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

leahruthie,

That salad sounds okay to me, but I'd ask one of the counselors.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I want to go to a Fat Farm too. When I was l little, my friend's mom went every summer. She was always so happy to go and would come back looking slim and tan.

Can you imagine the luxury of eating everything you wanted all winter and spring knowing you would lose the weight again while surrounded in luxury?

Maybe I should start playing the lottery.

I love this from your profile:

There comes a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom ~~Anais Nin
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat not Fat View Post
I think there is a naturally high sugar content in white onions. White onions carmelize easily where green ones don't. It's the sugar content that makes carmelization take place. (That's a very uneducated guess though!)
I sort of wondered that...kind of like the cooking the tomatoes. I went out and bought green onions, and put them in my chicken soup tonight...yummy!!

Are you going to the food class tomorrow?
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I want to go to a Fat Farm too. When I was l little, my friend's mom went every summer. She was always so happy to go and would come back looking slim and tan.

Can you imagine the luxury of eating everything you wanted all winter and spring knowing you would lose the weight again while surrounded in luxury?

Maybe I should start playing the lottery.
Seriously? I can't imagine my mom leaving for the summer to go to a fat farm, I think we children would have starved or had to go to Grandma's for the summer b/c Dad could only cook hot dogs and generally refused to try to cook otherwise, SERIOUSLY!! He would have never dreamed of coming into that kitchen, LOL.. Coming from a somewhat traditional southern family you can imagine I knew how to make a full course meal, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables, biscuits, dessert by the time I was 12 on my own in the kitchen, LOL!! What's funny is as we moved away and my parents became empty nesters, Dad has now started grilling and even joins Mom in the kitchen helping to prepare "healthier" meals for these two dieters and one a cardiac patient (Dad). I think it's cute :0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
My Husband is being very supportive, he fixes his dinner while I fix mine and we sit down to eat together. I sit across to a bake potato, a salad with Bleu Cheese dressing (gobs) and either grilled pork chops or some nice looking beef. Smells wonderful, while I look at my fish and "almost" dry salad....seems so unfair doesn't it?

I often said, it would be fun to check into a fat farm for 6 months and let someone cook and feed you the proper foods to eat, to excercise you every morning, relax in a nice hot tub and maybe a massage and pedicure. Someone to fix your hair and chick flicks at night enjoying a bunch of women who are there with the same goals you have. Or better yet, all this on a cruise ship.

Wake up....it was all a dream. Guess I had better rinse the dishes now and figure out what to fix for lunch tomorrow. Oh Hum!!!
My hubby is like yours FL, he helps in the kitchen alot, sometimes is the one cooking if I'm late and we always try to eat the same basic meal and it's a lot of chicken. They try not to complain too much. We usually go out once a week so they can eat what they want and we order or make pizza usually once a week and I have leftovers or a randomly put together meal that eve. It works for us.

As for the fat farm dream on a cruise, you're really cracking me up again! Just one q, can I go?
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #65  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Good that you had your talk...that helps so much. I know my husband always says he loves me the way I am, but deep down, he has to be remembering the thin woman he married. Besides, he knows I am not happy with myself like this.
josh is the same way--i know he'll love me no matter what (he says he doesn't care as long as i don't give up on myself and let myself go), but i know from all the compliments i've been getting over the past six weeks that he's excited to see skinny leah again, since he hasn't seen her in at least two years hehe
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #66  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Dad could only cook hot dogs and generally refused to try to cook otherwise, SERIOUSLY!!
heeee, this is josh exactly, only with peanut butter & jelly sandwiches!! he is perfectly happy to have PB&J every single day of his life, so if i don't feel like cooking, i am SOL because it's PB&J city! it's frustrating sometimes, though, because the responsibility always falls on me to make dinner, because if i don't, what can i eat?? just once, i'd like him to take over making dinner. it usually ends up like this, though:

me: what's for dinner?
him: PB&J.
me: i can't eat that!
him: then make something else!
me: i'm tired and grumpy and blah blah...
him: ok, i'll just have a PB&J.
me: WHAT ABOUT ME?!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

My hubby also says he loves me the way I am and just wants me to be happy. Then four months ago he was in a funk and pulling away from me and come to find out he's not happy with the way I am. He said he wasn't attracted to me anymore.... and basically we had the worst day of our marriage that day without going into a lot of detail. I even had lost 30 lbs a couple months before!!! Anywho, that definately cut any self-esteem I had from losing that 30. We made up, I got him to realize that I wasn't happy with me either and if he really felt that way he should have told me in the first place, darn men and their fear of letting others know how they feel. Still working through a lot of stuff in my head. It's hard to let go of the hurt. But my house sure got a heckuva makeover from me trying to heal, lol.

Anyways, he gets to eat what I do for dinner, just larger portions. He is very supportive, what with asking me if I should weigh my portions instead of eyeballing 1/4th since it's 4 servings. How would I weigh it anyways? I tried that once and it took almost half the recipe to get 8 oz, so I didn't do that anymore. I usually cook because I get off work at 230pm and him not until 6pm so I usually have more time.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
Anyways, he gets to eat what I do for dinner, just larger portions. He is very supportive, what with asking me if I should weigh my portions instead of eyeballing 1/4th since it's 4 servings. How would I weigh it anyways? I tried that once and it took almost half the recipe to get 8 oz, so I didn't do that anymore. I usually cook because I get off work at 230pm and him not until 6pm so I usually have more time.
Art is supportive as well, he just has to remind me every so often that he's not the one on the diet and he would like something besides chicken We both work and don't get home until 5:30 so I am the one who cooks sometimes I end up cooking something for me and something for him. Gee I wish he would be happy with pb&j
kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #69  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtpa View Post
Art is supportive as well, he just has to remind me every so often that he's not the one on the diet and he would like something besides chicken We both work and don't get home until 5:30 so I am the one who cooks sometimes I end up cooking something for me and something for him. Gee I wish he would be happy with pb&j
My husband is very supportive also. He tells me to make whatever is easiest. Believe me HE IS NOT A COOK. It would take him 25 minutes just to make a pb&j, no joke.

I cook 3 meals on Sunday to get him through the week so I don't have to cook 2 separate meals for us each night. Thank goodness he likes leftovers. He could eat what I eat but for some reason I feel sorry for him b/c he doesn't have a weight problem and half the stuff I eat I normally wouldn't eat if I wasn't on this program, so I don't want him to eat something that's not that good. I feed him everything I can't have. lol Also it becomes very hard for me to figure out what I can eat. For instance I can have 2 eggs, if I cook 5, then I have no idea how to measure 2 eggs out. So in the mornings, I usually have 2 skillets going with eggs in them. I am completely exact when it comes to measuring things. I guess I'm that perfectionist were not supposed to be.

BTW...We eat scrambled eggs....lol just caught what I said about the eggs.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-24-2009 at 07:21 PM.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It really helps when your husband is supportive and I am blessed to say that mine is. The day after my very first WI I got in my car to go to work. Sitting on my seat was the sweetest card about Strength and Encouragement that I've ever seen and he congratulated me on my 5lb loss and told me he loved me. Awww...

...no, we're not newlyweds...we've been together for 17 years.
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

It is great to hear about these supportive men. Even the ones who are marginally supportive. Guy friend has been good. He even was upset that I cheated when I was with him and had a glass of wine a couple weeks ago. He loves to grill and went out of his way to make lean burgers and stay within my menu for dinner. Then I had the wine and he felt like I didn't appreciate his effort to support me. However, like a typical guy, he didn't say anything for a while and let it build up. It took one of our heart to heart talks to bring it out. I don't get guys, I think they don't want to say anthing because it would upset us. But they draw back and we end up hurt and upset because we don't know what is wrong!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #72  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
My hubby also says he loves me the way I am and just wants me to be happy. Then four months ago he was in a funk and pulling away from me and come to find out he's not happy with the way I am. He said he wasn't attracted to me anymore.... and basically we had the worst day of our marriage that day without going into a lot of detail. I even had lost 30 lbs a couple months before!!! Anywho, that definately cut any self-esteem I had from losing that 30. We made up, I got him to realize that I wasn't happy with me either and if he really felt that way he should have told me in the first place, darn men and their fear of letting others know how they feel. Still working through a lot of stuff in my head. It's hard to let go of the hurt. But my house sure got a heckuva makeover from me trying to heal, lol.

Desilu - It is sure is a wake up call when the person you love so much is honest. My husband always tells me that no matter what my weight is he always loves me etc...but truly I know if he had gained the 80 pounds since our marriage 23 years ago, I know I would love him but surely feel different about my attraction to him...so I know deep inside him he must missed the thin me that was around even after having 4 kids - only 8 years ago I gained all this weight of all things going back to school at the U of A ! Sometimes it is a wake up call...for me it happened last January when I went up to MO to visit my father and grandmother...I had swore all my life I would not end up fat as my aunts...well it was like looking into a mirror when I saw them all...I was my aunts and I hated it! I then decided to give MRC a final try and I am now nearly 50lbs less and still going...I am so much happier and my husband is too! Off MRC, are you ready for Bike, Blues & Barbecue! My kids love to go on Saturday to hits the FOOD stands...ugh! No funnel cake this year

Last edited by GWE140; 09-24-2009 at 07:10 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Desilu - It is sure is a wake up call when the person you love so much is honest. My husband always tells me that no matter what my weight is he always loves me etc...but truly I know if he had gained the 80 pounds since our marriage 23 years ago, I know I would love him but surely feel different about my attraction to him...so I know deep inside him he must missed the thin me that was around even after having 4 kids - only 8 years ago I gained all this weight of all things going back to school at the U of A ! Sometimes it is a wake up call...for me it happened last January when I went up to MO to visit my father and grandmother...I had swore all my life I would not end up fat as my aunts...well it was like looking into a mirror when I saw them all...I was my aunts and I hated it! I then decided to give MRC a final try and I am now nearly 50lbs less and still going...I am so much happier and my husband is too! Off MRC, are you ready for Bike, Blues & Barbecue! My kids love to go on Saturday to hits the FOOD stands...ugh! No funnel cake this year

On MRC: That day in May was definately my wake up call. So here I am! lol. I am really glad that I had a slap in the face to get me to come to MRC, I love the program so far and we both believe it will work. Congratulations on the almost 50lbs! Are you going to celebrate when you get there?

Off MRC: I am soo ready for Bikes Blues and Barbecue! Two of DH's friends are coming up and we're going to ride the motorcylces a lot. No vendor food for me, I don't like funnel cakes anyways. I am disappointed, though, that I won't get to taste test the BBQ tomorrow. We went for all of ten minutes last year but had to leave because my car was being towed.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote