Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Newbie thoughs

Well I'm new to this. Just started my third week. I also looked for info on this program b4 I started. All was so positive.
My experience has been good.
It's alot of vegetables and alot of pills and suppliments and it's different from any other diet that I've ever tried. The best thing that I can say about it so far is I'M NOT HUNGRY. I can't believe it.
It's probably not the healthiest diet, but It's healthier than how I was eating b4 I started the program.
I just made up my mind. If I keep doing the same thing (eating anything I want) then I'll keep getting the same results (fat). So I have to do something different. It's for 17 weeks.
The only negative for me so far is that I'm not loosing as fast as I thought I would, but I am hopeful that I will get there, just slower than I want.
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #17  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadqueen View Post
. . .It's probably not the healthiest diet . . .
I'm curious, RoadQueen, Why do you think it is not the healthiest diet? I was very pleased that they were so concerned that we did not lose any lean muscle mass while on the program. A big part of the program is relearning how to eat so we do not gain weight back afterwards. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #18  

I think it may be unhealthy because food choices are so limited. Probably under
800 calories per day. I'm sure it gets better on stabilization and maint.
The diet is healthy in it's choices, just not much variety.
It's still healthier than being fat.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #19  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Height: 5'4"

I will be finished precondition on friday. Guess I will get my menu, not sure what color. Do I have to wait after the 11 days before I can use the cookbook recipes?
magnoliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #20  

Question New Question

Has anyone had trouble taking the ADWL? I'm having night sweats and not sleeping well.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #21  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I think it may be unhealthy because food choices are so limited. Probably under 800 calories per day. I'm sure it gets better on stabilization and maint. The diet is healthy in it's choices, just not much variety. It's still healthier than being fat.
Yes, RoadQueen, definitely better than being fat! My understanding is each meal supplies 200-300 calories but you burn 400-500 calories - using your own fat to make up the difference - that is how we lose weight. They request we take a multiple vitamin/mineral supplement and EFA to try and make sure we do not become deficient in anything. The mineral I found lacking was potassium - very few foods we are allowed to eat contain potassium, very little in the liquid minerals but there is some in the fiber drinks so I used them three times a day with my HNS. On stabilization, they are adding back in more fruits, the root vegetables and winter squashes, dairy and more carbs. I do not know what happens on Maintenance yet. jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoliagirl View Post
I will be finished precondition on friday. Guess I will get my menu, not sure what color. Do I have to wait after the 11 days before I can use the cookbook recipes?
There are recipes in the Cookbook for Days 1-4 and Days 5-10 just not very many. There are also recipes that say Day 11 but all the ingredients are allowed on the Yellow menu so I do not see why you couldn't have it on Days 1-4. There is a Recipe Thread (Top of main page with a RED Sticky and there is a Recipe Blog that is very helpful http://www.mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/

Welcome and good luck, MagnoliaGirl. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennabean View Post
and if anyone is wondering...I am completely committed to cutting back and being healthy--I am so committed that I havent told any of my friends or family that Im doing this...Im doing it for me, and me alone, however, Im also scared bc i have failed at so many different expensive diets...i hope this is different...and I really want to lose weight, but I dont want to tell anyone in case I fail....Is there anyone who felt like me when they first started???
I felt like that also. I tried Atkins, LA weight loss, Weight Watchers, The cardiac diet (was on a copy sheet, supposed to be from mayo clinic to prepare obese people for cardiac surgery) Slim Fast and just about all that is out there. Would lose 10 pounds or so and then nothing. Give up and gain the 10 back with friends!

Quote:
Well I'm new to this. Just started my third week. I also looked for info on this program b4 I started. All was so positive.
My experience has been good.
It's alot of vegetables and alot of pills and suppliments and it's different from any other diet that I've ever tried. The best thing that I can say about it so far is I'M NOT HUNGRY. I can't believe it.
It's probably not the healthiest diet, but It's healthier than how I was eating b4 I started the program.
I just made up my mind. If I keep doing the same thing (eating anything I want) then I'll keep getting the same results (fat). So I have to do something different. It's for 17 weeks.
The only negative for me so far is that I'm not loosing as fast as I thought I would, but I am hopeful that I will get there, just slower than I want.
About this being healthy, I am eating more veggies then ever before in my life. The meats are lean and healthy. I was concerned about the low calories too. I had not eaten very well when I was in boot camp. Probably only took in about 500 cal a day, with all the exercise I went into starvation mode. Came out of it a size 5 but got sick with everything that went around and the weight came right back on. So I talked with my doctor and she agreed that if the ketones are only trace and I felt energetic then it was healthy for me. So I felt more relieved. hope this helps
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote