Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #1  
coybug

S/C/G: 250/249/165

Height: 5'5''

Default What's in store for me

I'm thinking about going to MRC but would like to know about it first. Can someone share a menu or something so I can check it out first? I've got about 100 pounds to lose. At least 80! [email protected] Thanks
coybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Dear Coybug, you are contemplating an very expensive but healthy decision. There is money involved but it does work. The diet is restrictive and there are times when you think all you can do is watch everyone else eat what you want to eat. However, if you find the commitment in yourself to do this, you will succeed. My suggestion is to:
1. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose this weight. 100 pounds is a lot to lose so you probably have a lot of reasons to lose it. Post this on your fridge. Read it when you are struggling.
2. After starting MRC, make a list of all you miss. Compare to previous list. you will find that you miss food but might be saving your life.
3.Know and accept that you are human. Give yourself a hug when you need it. Come and post here if you need to. We have all fallen off the wagon. We have all tried different diets and failed.
4. Success is more mental then on a scale. You might not lose one week but have found another way to excell. Remember it takes your mind a while to catch up to your weight loss.
5. Read the newbie thread. There is an old one with lots of advice that is now closed. At 500 posts. There should be a new one started with a link to the old one, if not I will post again with the link.

I am looking forward to your successes and to encourage you on your way to a healthier, happier life!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coybug View Post
I'm thinking about going to MRC but would like to know about it first. Can someone share a menu or something so I can check it out first? I've got about 100 pounds to lose. At least 80! [email protected] Thanks
Hi Coybug,
Welcome to 3FC and the MRC site... We're a great group here, very encouraging and always working hard helping eachother to reach our goals. I too began MRC with a goal of 100 lbs to lose. We have a specific thread for those with 50 lbs or more to lose so check that out as well. It was though to imagine losing 100 lbs. In the beginning, it was almost too much for me to even consider and when the said at the center I could lose 72 lbs by Sept/October, I was extremely skeptical they could help me lose 25 let alone 70+. Well, It's been 6 mo. and I've lost 54.5 lbs and well on my way to losing 100 lbs by the end of this year. It's been tough at times yet easy at others. The plan is very simple. Basic principle is carb/protein in am, fruit/protein/vegetable at lunch, carb/protein/vegetable at dinner. There are protein drinks (HNS) you must have with meals or between meals depending on the plan they start you on. The carb is melba toast, 1 piece of 40 cal diet brd, 40-50 cal tortilla etc. The fruit varies apples, oranges, melons, strawberries etc. The veggie is 4 oz cooked, 8 oz raw and quite a variety. The protein is chicken, beef, buffalo, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, hard cheese etc with amt depending on what plan you're on. Everything is grilled, baked, fresh. No canned/highly processed foods. Minimal salt, minimal dressings etc. It's a very basic diet but it works. They have a cookbook that helps with variety. I suggest you go to the center and talk to a MRC counselor, get a feel for the place and the plan. I can say that this is the first time in many many years I finally feel in control of my body and I know that I will get that other 45 lbs off as planned by the end of this year. I wish you all the best in your decision and hope to be able to encourage you on you journey!
Best Wishes,
Karen
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #4  
coybug

S/C/G: 250/249/165

Height: 5'5''

Thanks Karen! That gave me an overall view! I think I'll go see them and check it out! Congrats on your success!
coybug is offline   Reply With Quote