Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CndLou View Post
Wildberry with cottage cheese - that sounds interesting, I'm going to try that. Down 1.5 today - I'm a teacher and we have had more temptations since I started preOP!! Baby shower today, more goodies than you can imagine. Before Thanksgiving, it was Birthday DAY for all November birthdays with sugar galore!!! A load of sweets from parents (presents)!! STOP the madness!! haha! I LOVE teaching but have forced myself to stay away from the LOUNGE! No wonder I have packed on the pounds, feel suddenly aware now. I have been doing pretty darn good all considering. My pants are looser and that has been worth ALL the effort thus far!! Whoever said, "nothing feels as good as thin (losing weight)," was right on!! I know some days will be more difficult than others. I had the kiwi concentrate today and LOVED it!! What a life-saver being surrounded by all those desserts.
Well done CndLou! That's great with all those tempting treats abound and wonderful you can feel the difference in your clothing! I have to remind myself that food is more about nutrition than tasting good sometimes! There is a nice variety of HNS, from the cran-grape, pink lemonade, etc.,. Also the creamies can help when you want a treat. The choc crisps and cocoa are both pretty good options, as well as the puddings (I like to add a drop of extract to the puddings for flavor). There is a great recipe blog (mrcrecipes.blogspot.com) that is really helpful. It was really helpful for me to spice up my routine of chicken, chicken and more chicken! Also I use some of the Walden Farms products (spicy BBQ sauce and salad dressings....some centers may not approve - but some do from what I understand). Also someone recommended McCormicks low sodium chilli seasoning (I found at Walmart) which has been great option with ground buffalo, turkey, beef. Have a good OP week!
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Chicken, Cranberry, & apple salad sounds DELISH!! I don't think I can have it yet being on day 5 tomorrow, but I do get a CREAMIE...yahooo! Something else to look forward to eating. I'm just darn excited to have an egg for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks for the link to the Vidalia Onion Wizard - looks like a great tool. My husband has already commented on the new fixtures in the kitchen...food scale, magic bullet, containers full of diced veggies - the Vidalia Onion might just send him overboard, haha!
CndLou, I had to laugh about your husband's comments about the new fixtures...our kitchen counter must look like yours....bullet, scale, dicer, Mrs. Dash seasonings...etc. I need a counter just for myself...but it doesn't do any good putting it away after each use, I'm for having everything handy each time I prepare my meal. The Vidalia Onion can be purchased at Target in case you want to get one. Don't know why I let it set in the box for two years??? Actually I have been having fun with it.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Hello everyone, I am excited. I WI today and have lost 14 inches and a total of 10lbs. YAY!!!
Your posts are so helpful, encouraging and motivating. You have me hooked on reading this daily. I was discouraged when I got to MRC because of Thanksgiving day when I ate off program and gained 3 lbs but I either walked, rode the bike or did aerobics everyday until WI to get it back off. It worked and I was down 2 more lbs totalling 10. The support of you guys is awesome and I will work hard this month to continue dropping. The water is really an adjustment because I live in the restroom, but I just pray that it is working. I wish you all success this month as we attempt to reach our goals, someone mentioned making small goals monthly and I think I will join in so that
I don't put too much pressure on myself.
sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Instead of living in a restroom, I think a new invention should be a little red wagon with a port-a-potty on it so we can just stop and go when needed. Of course it will have a shower curtain around the wagon for privacy. I think I had better get to the drawing board and get this pattened fast!! Hey...can't you just see me on the info-commercials on TV? Maybe I can follow the Magic Bullet to attract a bigger audience.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Sounds good to me Fifties lady!!
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Well done CndLou! That's great with all those tempting treats abound and wonderful you can feel the difference in your clothing! I have to remind myself that food is more about nutrition than tasting good sometimes! There is a nice variety of HNS, from the cran-grape, pink lemonade, etc.,. Also the creamies can help when you want a treat. The choc crisps and cocoa are both pretty good options, as well as the puddings (I like to add a drop of extract to the puddings for flavor). There is a great recipe blog (mrcrecipes.blogspot.com) that is really helpful. It was really helpful for me to spice up my routine of chicken, chicken and more chicken! Also I use some of the Walden Farms products (spicy BBQ sauce and salad dressings....some centers may not approve - but some do from what I understand). Also someone recommended McCormicks low sodium chilli seasoning (I found at Walmart) which has been great option with ground buffalo, turkey, beef. Have a good OP week!
I too am a teacher and you are so right about all the food in the lounge, not to mention smelling the yeast rolls or biscuits baking all morning from the cafeteria. Temptation, temptation, temptation.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 191/144/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
I am going to my free consultation on Saturday and hope to be able to afford to sign up. Christmas present to myself. I noticed there are a lot of Nebraska people that post to this site. I am going to the Omaha center. I have been dieting my whole life and have been successful several times. The hardest part has been maintaining. I am hoping to find motivation here and support as I will be a long distance member. This seems to be such a great place to get advice and to help each other in our journey. I hope to be joining you all soon.
leigh529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Instead of living in a restroom, I think a new invention should be a little red wagon with a port-a-potty on it so we can just stop and go when needed. Of course it will have a shower curtain around the wagon for privacy. I think I had better get to the drawing board and get this pattened fast!! Hey...can't you just see me on the info-commercials on TV? Maybe I can follow the Magic Bullet to attract a bigger audience.
Ohhh, I can so see that!! haha! That is just what we need and then my husband can really freak out...imagine...."sweetie, what is that red thing doing in the kitchen?" haha! Actually, being a teacher it's tough to get to the bathroom. When I have to go - I HAVE TO GO!! Thankfully, I have great volunteers, sometimes aids, and a great teaching partner who covers me while I run to the bathroom!
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
I too am a teacher and you are so right about all the food in the lounge, not to mention smelling the yeast rolls or biscuits baking all morning from the cafeteria. Temptation, temptation, temptation.
Yeah for teachers!!! I have packed on the pounds since I've been a teacher, but I do love it so (NOT the pounds)!! I just have to change my habits, gosh darn it!! Oh, and how about those CINNAMON ROLLs - that the cafeteria cooks for breakfast??? Although, this morning I was so organized (so I thought). I had my lunch packed and ready to go. I took all my bags out to my car and guess which one I forgot??? My LUNCH, ahhh! I panicked! I was about to go back and get my lunch, however didn't know if I could make it back in time (new snow, icy roads). So, I simply asked our wonderful cafeteria manager if she had any protein like chicken or tuna that I could have with the salad bar? She boiled me two eggs and said, "that is so good that you are trying to eat healthy?" Wasn't that the best!?! I also put an emergency HSN in my purse and it came in handy!! I think that is a good tip for newbies - "Carry a emergency pack of HSN."
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
I tried the cottage cheese with HSN and LOVE it!! Thanks so much for the tip Keiko!!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrene View Post
Hello everyone, I am excited. I WI today and have lost 14 inches and a total of 10lbs. YAY!!!
Your posts are so helpful, encouraging and motivating. You have me hooked on reading this daily. I was discouraged when I got to MRC because of Thanksgiving day when I ate off program and gained 3 lbs but I either walked, rode the bike or did aerobics everyday until WI to get it back off. It worked and I was down 2 more lbs totalling 10. The support of you guys is awesome and I will work hard this month to continue dropping. The water is really an adjustment because I live in the restroom, but I just pray that it is working. I wish you all success this month as we attempt to reach our goals, someone mentioned making small goals monthly and I think I will join in so that
I don't put too much pressure on myself.
sexyrene
Hootie Hoo, sexyrene!!!! I want to make small goals too and I think I am close to getting my ticker!!

Last edited by CndLou; 12-03-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yeah for teachers!!! I have packed on the pounds since I've been a teacher, but I do love it so (NOT the pounds)!! I just have to change my habits, gosh darn it!! Oh, and how about those CINNAMON ROLLs - that the cafeteria cooks for breakfast??? Although, this morning I was so organized (so I thought). I had my lunch packed and ready to go. I took all my bags out to my car and guess which one I forgot??? My LUNCH, ahhh! I panicked! I was about to go back and get my lunch, however didn't know if I could make it back in time (new snow, icy roads). So, I simply asked our wonderful cafeteria manager if she had any protein like chicken or tuna that I could have with the salad bar? She boiled me two eggs and said, "that is so good that you are trying to eat healthy?" Wasn't that the best!?! I also put an emergency HSN in my purse and it came in handy!! I think that is a good tip for newbies - "Carry a emergency pack of HSN."
Love it
Yes, I keep a drawer with HNS and a couple of baggies with my lunch pills for those days I forget to pack. And I carry the "carb/fat" blockers in my vehicle for those "cheat moments" that I get caught unaware.
I gained 2 pounds, and I deserved that gain. Shame on me, but once I went off for T-sgiving.....well you know
I saw your time stamp...were you really up at 1AM or is that just the time difference (I am in southern Indiana). I'm rarely up past 10 anymore.
Have a great MRC day
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
Love it
Yes, I keep a drawer with HNS and a couple of baggies with my lunch pills for those days I forget to pack. And I carry the "carb/fat" blockers in my vehicle for those "cheat moments" that I get caught unaware.
I gained 2 pounds, and I deserved that gain. Shame on me, but once I went off for T-sgiving.....well you know
I saw your time stamp...were you really up at 1AM or is that just the time difference (I am in southern Indiana). I'm rarely up past 10 anymore.
Have a great MRC day
That's a good idea to keep a drawer with a box of HNS and carb/fat blocker, I will do that. 2 pounds isn't so bad...and we always have the info and tools to get right back on. I noticed that we have the same goal!! Yes, I was up late working on a paper-it was more like 12ish though. I am attempting to get my master's degree and was having a tough time writing, ughhhh! I will be up late tonight too. I am almost done and I am just at that point when I want to "get er DONE." It's lingering and driving me crazy!! Thank goodness for HSN, it keeps me feeling satisfied so I won't snack during those stressful writing moments. I normally go to bed around 9ish. I am beat by evening! Hope your day was fantastic!!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #164  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

Fifties Lady,
Could you please incorporate the following into your lil red wagon. HNS dispenser with 5 different flavors, a pill dispenser and a water dispenser. I would so greatly appreciate it.

I spend my days, going to the bathroom, fixing hns, taking pills and filling my water up...with all that who has time to eat.
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 187/185.8/141

Height: 5'6"

Default Diet soda question

Hello everyone. I have a newbie question. I am currently on the yellow menu days 1-4. (I can't wait to get to day 5- I am on salad overload!) Anyway I am confused and need some input please. I see on the paper it says NO DIET SODA but I thought it was ok to drink Diet Rite? After looking at it all again I'm afraid I have been drinking it when maybe I shouldn't have??? Please let me know If that just means Diet Coke or if it infact means no Diet Rite as well.

Thanks!
gottobefit is offline   Reply With Quote