Old 09-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy New and at a plateau already

Hello Everyone, I am very new to MRC and to threads or post. I look forward to getting to know all. I started pre-conditioning 8-27-09 lost 6 lbs. I started the beige menu 5 days ago and I have not lost an ounce or gained and ounce. My sister and I are doing this together and she is losing. I have been following exactly to a T. Walking some and drinking plenty of water, 88 oz. Any help would be much appreciated..
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Please don't get discouraged! They say that at about days 7-10 your body hits a plateau. It's a little shocked at your weight loss and is trying to hold on to everything else. The same happened to me around that time and it last about a week. It drove me nuts. Then one day I got on the scale and was down 3 pounds. Your sister will likely hit a plateau also, you just didn't hit it at the same time.

Keep up the good work. YOU CAN DO IT!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #3  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

5 days is not really a plateau. It's normal, your body needs to catch up with the weight you've already lost. A plateau is more like two months with no loss. You're doing fine.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Stay strong, it does suck when you are doing everything possible and not losing. If you stay OP then your body will have to let go of the weight. Check yourself for everything, weigh your foods, watch the salt, cottage cheese has a lot of salt. Cut down the use of hard cheese. Increase water if you can. Take vit B-6, it helps with the water gain. Make sure you are not exercising to much, only 30 min 3x wk. Otherwise you could go into starvation mode.
This to shall pass and when it does, you will see a nice drop. Remember also in the beginning you have a big water loss and then get down to the fat loss. That is slower and where the real work begins.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #5  
one day at a time

Wow!! Thanks for all the help. I do eat a lot of cottage cheese and hard cheese especially for breakfast b/c I don't like just eating eggs alone. I talked to one of the counselors today and she advised me to slow down on eating the hard cheese. She gave me a recipe for french toast so that will help. I do use sea salt (after my food is cooked) so I guess I'll slack off.

Again, Thank you for All the help.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i too eat hard cheese for breakfast, almost every day. i know it's not the best for me but i really don't like eggs that much and i am always sooo strapped for time in the morning....
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #7  
Colena

S/C/G: 244/236/162

Height: 5'3

I have a hard time with eggs too. For some reason I always feel sick after eating them.
cinderellabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Did this the past few days and it helped. Made french toast; 1 egg, maple flavoring, vanilla flavoring, butter flavoring, cinnamon, splenda. Soak 45 cal bread into egg then cook with butter pam. Made 4 of these. You can either do another egg with it for protein but I used turkey sausage. I think the receipe is on the receipe thread. I cheated a little and used the Jennie-O, premade sausage but it does have a lot of sodium. That way I had the hard part of 4 breakfasts already made. So I just pull one out and heat it up with the sausage.
Try this link for the turkey sausage:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...ecipes-26.html

Last edited by Lori123321; 09-10-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #9  
one day at a time

MMM..That sounds sooo good. I'm going to print this recipe and try it in the morning. Do I need to cook an extra egg? B/c I know it won't be the full protein need. Have u tried the turkey sausage, if so is it good?
Old 09-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #10  
one day at a time

Lori, I noticed u are from Colorado. I just went on vacation to Conifer. I love Colorado so much. If I could talk my husband into moving I would in a heart beat. Your lucky. Actually My other picture in my profile is when I was in Bailey, Colorado. Do u know where that is? It's a pretty small town.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-10-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #11  

same thing happened to me and i so wanted to cheat because i thought "oh great, another thing that is not going to work". BUT i stuck it out and then the next week i started losing again!

Just hang in there! i am not a huge egg person either so i alternate with eggs & toast, oatmeal, replacement shake (when you can have them), cheese toast. WHICH is my fav the cheese toast LOL
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #12  
one day at a time

Thank you so much for the personal experiences. I actually went to WI tonight and I lost 2 more pounds. It may have been b/c I hadn't eaten dinner yet, all other times it was after dinner. But hey 2 lbs is enough to get me excited.

Thanks for all the support.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Did this the past few days and it helped. Made french toast; 1 egg, maple flavoring, vanilla flavoring, butter flavoring, cinnamon, splenda. Soak 45 cal bread into egg then cook with butter pam. Made 4 of these. You can either do another egg with it for protein but I used turkey sausage. I think the receipe is on the receipe thread. I cheated a little and used the Jennie-O, premade sausage but it does have a lot of sodium. That way I had the hard part of 4 breakfasts already made. So I just pull one out and heat it up with the sausage.
Try this link for the turkey sausage:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...ecipes-26.html
Yummm....
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Thank you so much for the personal experiences. I actually went to WI tonight and I lost 2 more pounds. It may have been b/c I hadn't eaten dinner yet, all other times it was after dinner. But hey 2 lbs is enough to get me excited.

Way to go learning2behealthy! Just stick with it, the plan really does work, write down everything in your journal and share it with your counselor, they will take note if anything seems off that could slow you down but it sounds like you're on the right track. Keep up the good work!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post

Learning2Bhealthy, Welcome to 3FC...great job with your loss...I always WI before I eat in the morning...a pound is a pound.

P.S. I'm from NWA...I go to the Fayetteville center and just love all the girls there!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote