Old 09-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

i went in for my WI today n nothing. after 3 miserable days of cucumber n cabbge eating (3rd day into my yellow menu ) Wanted 2 ask the rest of u who's been there n done that .. when did u (initially) start seeing the weight loss happen? was it quick in the beginning? did u notice significant weight loss only after u got on 2 the green menu? any tips? im op to the t and drinking all the H2O
i was fine n motivated the whole day .. then i went in 4 my WI and pretty much the whole evening looks crappy 2 me . all i wanna do is drown in a big fat tub of creamy butter pecan.. the only reason i haven't done so is bcoz i dont have any within the next 20 miles
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

It's frustrating. However, I'm clinging fervently to the theory that this plateau will end one day and the weight will melt off again.

This is NOT the time to give up. This is the time to stick to the plan and wait for the big payoff when it's all over.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
i went in for my WI today n nothing. after 3 miserable days of cucumber n cabbge eating (3rd day into my yellow menu ) Wanted 2 ask the rest of u who's been there n done that .. when did u (initially) start seeing the weight loss happen? was it quick in the beginning? did u notice significant weight loss only after u got on 2 the green menu? any tips? im op to the t and drinking all the H2O
i was fine n motivated the whole day .. then i went in 4 my WI and pretty much the whole evening looks crappy 2 me . all i wanna do is drown in a big fat tub of creamy butter pecan.. the only reason i haven't done so is bcoz i dont have any within the next 20 miles
I'm with ya, girl. I weigh in on Friday but I got on the scale today and I'm down 0.8 at home and that's it! I start the blue menu tomorrow but I am kind of freaking out and wondering why I am not losing! I am drinking 4 HNS's and 1 fiber/day (during my 12 hr shifts like today and tomorrow). I really want to see a good loss on Friday in the worst way ever! Ugh. Hang in there....I will, too. We'll see how the blue menu treats us then on to the green menu! You can do it!!!!
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #19  

shopgirl,

The twelve hours shifts are hard at first because you're STARVING, but eventually it makes it easier to stay OP.

Last edited by Dolly; 09-02-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:36 PM   #20  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

I wish I had wonderful words to console you gals who are trying so hard, staying completely on program and not showing big loses. The only thing I can think of is each of our bodies are different. You may be losing fat but filling the fat cells with water - this is what happens when we hit a plateau. Eventually the fat cell collapses but for a while, it tries to retain its shape by filling with water. It seems strange to have a plateau so early but as frustrating as it is, it may not be that unusual. Do not skimp on what you are supposed to eat. MRC over the 25+ years it has been in business has figured out the right balance of protein, carbs and fats for each meal to get our bodies just into ketosis which is when our bodies burn our own fat for fuel. If you get too few calories, you may go into 'starvation mode' where your body refuses to lose, hanging on to what you have, thinking a 'famine' might be coming. You will start to feel tired and fatigued if this happens and we don't want that! You should get the Tanita body comp weigh-in when you have been on the program for 2 weeks. That will show if you are indeed losing fat (and also if you are hydrated enough).

Stay strong, beautiful women. You will see results. Instead of a tub of 'creamy butter pecan' try a tub of bubbles, with soothing music and candlelight if you can! You have earned it! jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
I wish I had wonderful words to console you gals who are trying so hard, staying completely on program and not showing big loses. The only thing I can think of is each of our bodies are different. You may be losing fat but filling the fat cells with water - this is what happens when we hit a plateau. Eventually the fat cell collapses but for a while, it tries to retain its shape by filling with water. It seems strange to have a plateau so early but as frustrating as it is, it may not be that unusual. Do not skimp on what you are supposed to eat. MRC over the 25+ years it has been in business has figured out the right balance of protein, carbs and fats for each meal to get our bodies just into ketosis which is when our bodies burn our own fat for fuel. If you get too few calories, you may go into 'starvation mode' where your body refuses to lose, hanging on to what you have, thinking a 'famine' might be coming. You will start to feel tired and fatigued if this happens and we don't want that! You should get the Tanita body comp weigh-in when you have been on the program for 2 weeks. That will show if you are indeed losing fat (and also if you are hydrated enough).

Stay strong, beautiful women. You will see results. Instead of a tub of 'creamy butter pecan' try a tub of bubbles, with soothing music and candlelight if you can! You have earned it! jeanette
Thank you Reuse Lady, that was very encouraging to hear. I am having a sort of non loss week although I gained 1.5 in muscle so that is a good thing!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post

u may be rite .. i did have some long time gap between my lunch n dinner (without a HNS snack in between )n some days i just had 2 min HNS (those crazy busy days) .guess my body went on a starvation mode .. now im trying 2 be more conscious every day ..
i really feel that this forum is helping 2 make this program a lot more easier thanks 2 u amazing ladies
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/174/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccross View Post
Are you on any of their supplements? Like MRC-6 or Corti-Trim?
Yes, I take both of them.
JERZGERL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #24  

Finally hit my 10lb loss. Like I said slow and steady. I don't think I will ever have a week with a big drop like some of you. But I'll take what I get, a loss of any kind is better than a gain.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I understand your feelings. You are doing everything you can and still the weight holds on. I have experienced a plataue before every 10 pound loss. It is frustrating. My losses have been slower then I expected but I have been through a lot this summer. I have learned a few things along the way. Even OP, you still have stumbling blocks. Cottage cheese has a lot of sodium, so if water retention is an issue, decrease the use and take B-6. The store brand is fine. Don't throw all your money at MRC. Cut down your use of cheese to once or twice a week. Watch exercise, if you do more then the 30 min 3xwk then you might want to cut down. More could put you in starvation mode. In other words your body goes into hibernation. Cut creamies to once a week. Don't do the meal replacement bars. Change up your diet if you have fallen into a rut of the same things every day. Stress will decrease your loss and have your body store fat for "hard times". So deal with what you need to deal with and not let it hang over you. If someone is ticking you off, have them killed. Only kidding! Talk with them and set boundaries. You will feel empowered.
Stay strong. Plataues suck but are a necessary evil. The fat cells hold onto water to retain their shape but the cells can only do this for so long.

to all
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
I understand your feelings. You are doing everything you can and still the weight holds on. I have experienced a plataue before every 10 pound loss. It is frustrating. My losses have been slower then I expected but I have been through a lot this summer. I have learned a few things along the way. Even OP, you still have stumbling blocks. Cottage cheese has a lot of sodium, so if water retention is an issue, decrease the use and take B-6. The store brand is fine. Don't throw all your money at MRC. Cut down your use of cheese to once or twice a week. Watch exercise, if you do more then the 30 min 3xwk then you might want to cut down. More could put you in starvation mode. In other words your body goes into hibernation. Cut creamies to once a week. Don't do the meal replacement bars. Change up your diet if you have fallen into a rut of the same things every day. Stress will decrease your loss and have your body store fat for "hard times". So deal with what you need to deal with and not let it hang over you. If someone is ticking you off, have them killed. Only kidding! Talk with them and set boundaries. You will feel empowered.
Stay strong. Plataues suck but are a necessary evil. The fat cells hold onto water to retain their shape but the cells can only do this for so long.

to all
Thanks Lori for all the hints, I will try some. The only hard one is the limit of the creamies to once a week. It tends to be a lifesaver for a chocolate fix and I do use the soup ones also for variation to my meals. JERZGERL (Gloria)
Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #27  

18 inches gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JERZGERL; 09-19-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #28  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Everything in life worth keeping around is worth fighting for
Stay positive.....the scale is going DOWN...not up....even if it is slowly...IT IS STILL GOING DOWN. Hang in there
Dedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:38 PM   #29  

Dedge,

How nice to see your posts. Hope you and your husband are doing well.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #30  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Jerzgerl! Feels so much better as clothes start fitting looser. Hope you have a good weekend - see you in connections class Monday. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote