3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

New Fat Chick here & going to MRC tomorrow, any advice?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default New Fat Chick here & going to MRC tomorrow, any advice?

Hello
I am going to Metabolic Research Center tomorrow to join, does any one have any advice for me? Does it work? How much can expect to spend the first time, then how much there after? Are the shakes good....ect... Any advice would be great! I am soooo excited I found this site too!
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Wish me luck, I have about 50lbs to lose!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 193

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Default

Go to the forums and look under diets to find this one. I have read that it does work but they are very precise(to limit u from getting money in return). So, just do the research while u have the oppurtunity. Again though, I hear it does work! Good luck honey!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
Tellin' it like it is!
 
mkroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver Co
Posts: 1,657

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

it absolutely works!! But be forewarned, it is a very strict diet with no "wiggle" room, so to speak...I think the shakes are good, but honestly they tast like nothing more than glorified kool-aid!! Expect to spend at least a few hundred dollars, assuming you join and buy the MRC vitamins and minerals.....you wont need any High nutrient, protein supplements at first however.....
__________________


"All the Secrets of your foundation shall come to light.... and when you lie, uprooted and broken in the sun, then shall your lies also be separated from your truths" Nietzche

"I do not workout. I TRAIN.
I do not eat. I FEED.
I do not sleep. I RECHARGE.
My greatest fear in this life is the fear of being ordinary
."
Personal Bests

MARATHON- 3:58
10K- 44:42
1/2 Marathon - 1:50:48
5 miles - 36:12
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default

Thanks! I am soo ready to do this! And thanks for the warning about no-wiggle room. I really love this site! I will keep everyone updated on my decision as I will need the support!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Lori123321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 365

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Welcome to MRC and to 3fatchicks!
You will be put on preconditioning for a while to get you off caffine and decrease the carbs. Learn how to measure food and start the process. Next you will go to a class about the program, they will talk more about how the program works and the herbs/vit. You have to take a multi vit and flax seed oil but be careful about starting the others right away. They will have a deal on them at the class. If you start with all the pills and lose weight, you won't know which is working for you. The advice I would give you is to start the diet, if the weight loss is not fast enough, start adding in the herbs depending on what your situation is. Also, I heard you can buy the multi and flax elsewhere but at my center I was told I have to buy theirs. Find out what your center does before buying!
Will try to find the newbie thread and bump it for all the new people. Good info there.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about your losses!
__________________


15 pound Challenge!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RonnieAdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 424

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default

Hi Wannabthinagain! I started MRC last Monday and went through preconditioning and now am starting the yellow menu today. By my scale as of this morning I have lost 10 lbs! When I weighed in at the center last Friday I had lost almost 7lbs on the preconditioning part of the plan. So yes this does work! I am pretty amazed by it. It does seem pretty rigid, but it is also worth it for the weight loss you get.. They told me this is the last diet I will ever be on and I believe it!
Cheers!
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Welcome to MRC and to 3fatchicks!
You will be put on preconditioning for a while to get you off caffine and decrease the carbs. Learn how to measure food and start the process. Next you will go to a class about the program, they will talk more about how the program works and the herbs/vit. You have to take a multi vit and flax seed oil but be careful about starting the others right away. They will have a deal on them at the class. If you start with all the pills and lose weight, you won't know which is working for you. The advice I would give you is to start the diet, if the weight loss is not fast enough, start adding in the herbs depending on what your situation is. Also, I heard you can buy the multi and flax elsewhere but at my center I was told I have to buy theirs. Find out what your center does before buying!
Will try to find the newbie thread and bump it for all the new people. Good info there.
Good luck and look forward to hearing about your losses!
Thank you sooo mcuch for the advice, I just joined today! I will do pre-conditioning for the next three days then go to class. They did tell me I could take my own Vits and Flax so that is good too. I did buy the MRC-6 today and will buy the HNS on Friday I guess. Well thanks again, I hope to lose 40#!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default Congrats Great Weight Loss so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Hi Wannabthinagain! I started MRC last Monday and went through preconditioning and now am starting the yellow menu today. By my scale as of this morning I have lost 10 lbs! When I weighed in at the center last Friday I had lost almost 7lbs on the preconditioning part of the plan. So yes this does work! I am pretty amazed by it. It does seem pretty rigid, but it is also worth it for the weight loss you get.. They told me this is the last diet I will ever be on and I believe it!
Cheers!
Ronnie
Ronnie,
Great job on your weight loss so far! I am very encouraged, I just joined today! Pre-conditioning for three days then my class on Friday! Thanks for all your encouraging words!
Natasha
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:00 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
RonnieAdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 424

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Ronnie,
Great job on your weight loss so far! I am very encouraged, I just joined today! Pre-conditioning for three days then my class on Friday! Thanks for all your encouraging words!
Natasha
I went for my weigh in today and have lost a total of 11 lbs since I started on the 17th of August. I also need to lose 50lbs. At first they said I should lose like 30lbs to get a good BMI, but I told them that was too heavy a weight for me and could we knock it down to 130, they said yes so I am on my way.. You will do well. Listen to the advise of the folks on these boards they are great and will help any way they can.. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers!

Ronnie
__________________
192.0/188.0/140.0
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
Denise
 
namaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,003

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Hello
I am going to Metabolic Research Center tomorrow to join, does any one have any advice for me? Does it work? How much can expect to spend the first time, then how much there after? Are the shakes good....ect... Any advice would be great! I am soooo excited I found this site too!
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Wish me luck, I have about 50lbs to lose!
Congratulations.....! It does work, I lost 185lbs on program. Go to the newbie thread ok? There's lots of great advice there.

__________________
Started Program October 27th, 2007 at 355lbs

Started Stabilization February 28th, 2009 at 170lbs

Total loss: 185lbs!


My blog:

it is what it is


NAMASTE
I honor the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me... we are One.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default WoW and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Congratulations.....! It does work, I lost 185lbs on program. Go to the newbie thread ok? There's lots of great advice there.

Thanks for the support, and great job on your weight loss. You have to be sooooo PROUD of yourself!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3

Default

Namaste, What a wonderful accomplishment!!!! Your pictures are an inspiration! I have about 100 pounds to lose and I started a week and a half ago. I have already lost ten pounds! I knew that the diet worked but reading your story is proof. Thanks for sharing!!!

Last edited by court1283 : 08-27-2009 at 11:01 PM.
court1283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
WANNABTHINAGAIN
 
wannabthinagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Ne
Posts: 35

S/C/G: 207/178/167

Height: 5'9"

Default Start my menu tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I went for my weigh in today and have lost a total of 11 lbs since I started on the 17th of August. I also need to lose 50lbs. At first they said I should lose like 30lbs to get a good BMI, but I told them that was too heavy a weight for me and could we knock it down to 130, they said yes so I am on my way.. You will do well. Listen to the advise of the folks on these boards they are great and will help any way they can.. Let us know how it goes for you!

Cheers!

Ronnie
Went to my Food Instruction class tonight, ready to go! I will keep ya posted on my progress, I can't wait to get my ticker!! Hope your doing well, have you weighed in lately? Let me know!
wannabthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
RonnieAdl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 424

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabthinagain View Post
Went to my Food Instruction class tonight, ready to go! I will keep ya posted on my progress, I can't wait to get my ticker!! Hope your doing well, have you weighed in lately? Let me know!
You are on your way! It is pretty exciting. I weighed in today and am down 13# from Tuesday when I weighed in. I had lost 11 by Tuesday. They asked me to come into a meeting and tell the ladies how much I had lost to give them encouragement. They seemed pretty impressed. At first I didn't want to go in there, but I thought what the heck, if it will help someone else then I was glad to do it..

Have a good weekend!

Ronnie
__________________
192.0/188.0/140.0
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:42 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Phat not Fat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 105

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Default to Wannabthinagain

Congratulations on your decision to utilize MRC! I've been on the program for 33 days. So far, I've lost 13.5 pounds, which doesn't seem like a lot compared to others posting here, but I can definitely tell a difference! If you haven't done so already, I would encourage you to buy the cookbook and don't hesitate to make modifications (within the program) to the recipies to suit your taste. Best of luck to you!

On a side note, I'm 'minutes' old in this community! Thanks for giving me an opportunity to join, learn, share and support!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2