Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Another plateau?

Hello fellow posters!

I've been doing so well on this program and am really struggling at the present time. At the beginning of August I hit the 40-pound mark. I was then 'stuck' for 2 weeks, dropped 3 pounds as of last Wednesday and have now been stuck again for another week. During the two-week plateau, I went up/down the same .5 pound. But this past week I haven't even fluctuated. It's very discouraging. I've been OP 100%.

I'm currently taking ADWL, 6 Flax, MV, MRC-6, B-6, B-12 and 4 HNS's. I did call the center and my favorite counselor is out today unfortunately, but I did make an appointment with another good counselor for this afternoon. I'm afraid they're going to try and push some pills on me and I just don't want nor can I afford that at this time. I'm walking 30-40 minutes 5 days a week and have recently began some minor toning with 5-lb weights.

Also, 4 weeks ago I switched birth control pills (to a higher dosage) because I was having many light 'periods' last 2weeks, off a week, and then again for 2 weeks. So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

For breakfast, I usually have French Toast with a tsp of SF syrup and my lunches/dinners vary. I can list what I eat if that would help.

I'm very frustrated at this point. I've typically been losing about 10 pounds a month. I remember hitting the 30 pound mark on 7/1, 40 on 8/1 and I'm STILL sitting at 43 right now. Any opinions/thoughts would be much appreciated.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #2  

I started MRC the first of July and I am scared that I am going to do that, get to a weight and stay their for a couple of weeks. How much water are you drinking?
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Hello fellow posters!

I've been doing so well on this program and am really struggling at the present time. At the beginning of August I hit the 40-pound mark. I was then 'stuck' for 2 weeks, dropped 3 pounds as of last Wednesday and have now been stuck again for another week. During the two-week plateau, I went up/down the same .5 pound. But this past week I haven't even fluctuated. It's very discouraging. I've been OP 100%.

I'm currently taking ADWL, 6 Flax, MV, MRC-6, B-6, B-12 and 4 HNS's. I did call the center and my favorite counselor is out today unfortunately, but I did make an appointment with another good counselor for this afternoon. I'm afraid they're going to try and push some pills on me and I just don't want nor can I afford that at this time. I'm walking 30-40 minutes 5 days a week and have recently began some minor toning with 5-lb weights.

Also, 4 weeks ago I switched birth control pills (to a higher dosage) because I was having many light 'periods' last 2weeks, off a week, and then again for 2 weeks. So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

For breakfast, I usually have French Toast with a tsp of SF syrup and my lunches/dinners vary. I can list what I eat if that would help.

I'm very frustrated at this point. I've typically been losing about 10 pounds a month. I remember hitting the 30 pound mark on 7/1, 40 on 8/1 and I'm STILL sitting at 43 right now. Any opinions/thoughts would be much appreciated.
Before I bought any pills, I would maybe cut down on the exercise (may be getting too much for your calorie level) and see about cutting out the SF syrup. Try some fiberfills, my counselor told me they help to burn up to 250 calls a day. Also maybe eat more egg whites and fish. Sorry, I hope this plateau passes soon.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #4  
Lynn

I drink about 180-200 ounces of water I day. I can't physically do any more, nor would I have time in my day to drink any more. I forgot to add that in.

I've had the syrup every day for 4 months and it has yet to really cause anything or slow me down. That's what's so strange. I'll keep the fiberfills in mind and see what the counselor may recommend. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm no expert here myself, but I think in order to help break the plateau you need to change something. I agree with lmickley... cut out the syrup. Once you start up again, one by one... add back the things you took away, then you'll know what's the culprit once/if you slow down again.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #6  
Lynn

I even tried that. I had the amazing cheesecake sun/yesterday and turkey sausage on monday and still nothing. But maybe I should try it for a week and see if that's what it is. I also thought that I should try to vary my breakfast and see if that made a difference, but it didn't budge. I'll be curious to see what my center has to say today.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

TURKEY SAUSAGE! we can have turkey sausage?? (and how about turkey bacon?)

sorry, i don't have any other suggestions than what's already been offered, but the mention of turkey sausage really perked up my lil ears hehe
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

You're funny Leah! You reminded me of that commercial for the doggie treats where the dog keeps running around asking for BACON!!!
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #9  
Leah

hah! that's totally accurate, too. just the very idea of turkey sausage has me drooling a little bit!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #10  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
hah! that's totally accurate, too. just the very idea of turkey sausage has me drooling a little bit!
I dont think we can have packaged turkey sausage, but can make our own from ground turkey. I think there is a recipe.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #11  
Leah

i think i need to take a minute to go through my cookbook again when i get home from work tonight....
Old 08-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #12  
Lynn

Oh let me tell you. My mom has a recipe that we used that she got while she was doing Weight Watchers and it is AWESOME! She said she would forward it to me. I'll post it once I get it. It uses so many different spices but together they just taste wonderful!!

Well I'm off to the Center to see what they say!

There is a recipe in the cookbook, but it doesn't use nearly the spices that the WW recipe does.

Last edited by noahsmama; 08-19-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:38 PM   #13  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Oh let me tell you. My mom has a recipe that we used that she got while she was doing Weight Watchers and it is AWESOME! She said she would forward it to me. I'll post it once I get it. It uses so many different spices but together they just taste wonderful!!

Well I'm off to the Center to see what they say!

There is a recipe in the cookbook, but it doesn't use nearly the spices that the WW recipe does.
Let us know what they say! Good luck!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

As strange as it sounds try cutting down on your exercise for a week and then start back up again. Your calorie intake OP should be just enough to allow you to lose weight without exercise so you shouldn't gain weight. After a week start back up and that should give your body a jolt to start losing big again. Also, have them run the tanita to see if you are gaining muscle mass (which weighs more than fat) and losing fat, in which case that is another thing you want to see & do. It's not always what the scale says but what is going on inside your body.
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good advice!

Hope you kick that 'ol plateau, noahsmama!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote