I have been stuck around 160 for weeks. It has led to endless frustration. I found out what MRC was made of by their response to my plateau. But I know from talking to others. weight plateaus are a normal part of major wight loss. I had lost 43 lbs. in 5 months when I hit my first plateau.
Things I have learned:
1) Never ask MRC for help (seriously their response upset me deeply and it took me a week to get back on board with proper eating)
2) The plateau will not resolve itself on its own
3) Talk to others to get the truth about weight loss (like on this website)
4) Never give up your weight loss goal
5) Research other options on the internet
What has been your experience with weight plateaus. At what point in your weight loss did they occur? What worked, what did not work?
Being validated is a very important part of my weight loss recovery plan. I could not get that at MRC but I got it here, by researching on line other people's experiences with MRC online and by talking to a friend enrolled in MRC who like me has lost a lot of weight, hit a plateau and was blamed by the center. Her advice: tell them nothing. Interestingly she is not nearly as angry as I am or disappointed in them, but she went through the program once before so she probably knew what to expect.