Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

Default request Info 4 a newbie:)

hello guys

i went in for first consultation with MRC and thanks 2 this site i had a lot of questions regarding the plan 4 my counsellor! i think u guys are doing a great job and it really helps newbies to knw that there is a support group outside mrc

every time i read their site or this blog i have more questions! hope u guys mite be able 2 help.. are u allowed to have milk on the meta slim plan? and what about sugar? my doctor has asked me 2 stay off aspartame/ any artificial sweetener basically .. do i have any options?? also the lady at the center told me that i need 2 atleast take the enhancers (phenta trim ) .. is that absolutely necesarry? im trying 2 inculcate gym ( i have been religiously hitting the gym 4 the past 10 days) into my routine .. does that help with the program??

my counsellor dint get into details abt the diet plan n i need 2 be more informed b4 taking the plunge! any info would be helpful

thanks in advance!!
mountain gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
hello guys

i went in for first consultation with MRC and thanks 2 this site i had a lot of questions regarding the plan 4 my counsellor! i think u guys are doing a great job and it really helps newbies to knw that there is a support group outside mrc

every time i read their site or this blog i have more questions! hope u guys mite be able 2 help.. are u allowed to have milk on the meta slim plan? and what about sugar? my doctor has asked me 2 stay off aspartame/ any artificial sweetener basically .. do i have any options?? also the lady at the center told me that i need 2 atleast take the enhancers (phenta trim ) .. is that absolutely necesarry? im trying 2 inculcate gym ( i have been religiously hitting the gym 4 the past 10 days) into my routine .. does that help with the program??

my counsellor dint get into details abt the diet plan n i need 2 be more informed b4 taking the plunge! any info would be helpful

thanks in advance!!
Howdy and welcome!!

sorry, no milk. I miss it sometimes terribly. And also no sugar. I've heard of Truvia as an alternative to Splenda, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. The ONLY requirements are that you take Flaxseed oil (I get mine at Wal-Mart), a multi-vitamin (again from Wal-Mart), and purchase the HNS's. I buy enough to keep them happy (usually once a month) and I've bought off of Dietdirect.com when they have a great sale and it helps the cost of the program greatly.

Of course exercise is going to help. They don't want you doing more than 4 hours a week because from what I understand if you do more than that you'll be taking away more calories that allotted and would through your body into starvation mode. Someone else on here might have a more thorough explanation but that's a very simple. I try to do 30-45 min/day 5 days a week. They want you to do a minium of 30 min/3 days a week. So you're off to a rockin start!

Any other questions, ask away and I'd be more than willing to answer!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Howdy and welcome!!

sorry, no milk. I miss it sometimes terribly. And also no sugar. I've heard of Truvia as an alternative to Splenda, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. The ONLY requirements are that you take Flaxseed oil (I get mine at Wal-Mart), a multi-vitamin (again from Wal-Mart), and purchase the HNS's. I buy enough to keep them happy (usually once a month) and I've bought off of Dietdirect.com when they have a great sale and it helps the cost of the program greatly.

Of course exercise is going to help. They don't want you doing more than 4 hours a week because from what I understand if you do more than that you'll be taking away more calories that allotted and would through your body into starvation mode. Someone else on here might have a more thorough explanation but that's a very simple. I try to do 30-45 min/day 5 days a week. They want you to do a minium of 30 min/3 days a week. So you're off to a rockin start!

Any other questions, ask away and I'd be more than willing to answer!
noahsmomma, Truvia is a brand name of Stevia. It is a natural herbal sweetner. Alot of people like it, but I think it is horrible. I put some on my blueberries on morning and actually spit them out.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #4  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
hello guys

thanks in advance!!
Welcome.
The plan is very structured you get choices of servings from protein, veg, frut, starch, and fat groups at most meals. It is portion controlled. You also will drink/eat their protien supplements (HNS) throughout the day. I am not sure what the HNS are sweented with. You would not need any sweetner for anything but fruit or if you make MRC recipes like cinnamon toast. You could try Stevia or ask your center for options, but you could easily get by with out any sweetner. Hope this helps.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:41 AM   #5  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

I have heard HNS's use aspartame but only a very little amount. Stevia is a sweetener derived from the leaves of the Stevia plant which you can buy where you get herb plants. It is not artificial but as LMickley says, some people do not like the taste of it. I just go without any sweetener but I do drink the HNSs.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

not all of the HNS have aspartame. Just ask which ones and they will tell you.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote