Cake?

• Are there recipes for cake/mock cake? I made my daughter a caterpillar cake for her 1st birthday, and made the decision to have some. Of course I gained 3 lbs of water weight. I have mastered self-control since I began in March, but I keep thinking about cake. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • I don't have any recipes for that, but am definitely interested in seeing what others might have...I love cake! Perhaps that is why I needed to join MRC. LOL
  • Im sure there is a way to make a small cupcake type thing out of one of the creamy HNSs.
  • if you like chocolate i actually saw a recipe on the SB forum for a no flour choco cake-check it out

heres the link :

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dess...ml#post2840200
  • Thanks! I will check it out. I loveeee chocolate. Like I said, I've been very controlled. People at work have offered me cake, or chocolate and stuff since I began, but I have had the will power to say, "No thank you." Well after I tasted that cake, I was like "Dang! Why did I do that?!"
  • Oh my gosh you should try this recipe:
    http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/02...late-cake.html

Yes there are beets in there! I have made it before and it tastes so great, really moist and chocolaty. You can't taste the beet either, don't worry lol.
  • The only thing remotely close to cake you can do with an HNS is to take a chocolate pudding supplement and mix it with just a little water, roll them into balls=but save out some of the dry mix and then roll them in the dry pudding. Check the recipe thread above for one done with vanilla, splenda and cinnamon for a mock snickerdoodle.
    Recipes listed above would be great for MRC maintenance!

Awesome stats by the way kaylasmommy!
  • you could try the muffins recipe in our recipe thread
  • Thanks! I'm going to try the muffin recipe. It sounds yummy. Thanks everyone for your comments. Keep up the great work!
  • msim we have very similar stats! That is awesome! You are doing great!
  • This is kind of cakey-- definitely not birthday cake, but maybe it will help. I use the mock snickerdoodle recipe in the MRC cookbook. It's 1 egg, 1/4 c. oatmeal, a pudding supplement, and a packet of splenda. You drop by spoonfuls and then bake.

I've experimented with different flavors (chocolate is good), but my favorite is the lemon supplement. I call them lemon puffs because they're all puffy. Like I said, it's not cake, but it has a cake-like puffy texture, and they taste good for breakfast.
  • There is also a "funnel cake" in the MRC cookbook.
  • Thanks to all!!!