Pre-conditioning menu

• I have not visited a MRC office as I'm doing the mail order program. I am finding that my questions regarding the program aren't answered in an expediente manner, so I thought I would ask the real pros. So here goes--

On the menu, there is no mention of condiments/seasonings. I'm not sure if I can season veggies and such with salt/pepper/soy sauce, whatever. Does anyone know what is/isn't allowed?

Some of the items on the menu have specific measurements next to them--i.e: cottage cheese 1/4 cup. Some of the items (lot's actually) don't have any measurements next to them. Does this mean I can eat as much as I want?

Finally, in Column C of the meal selector it notes that vegetables are "free." Does this mean all veggies?

Thanks for any input you have, I appreciate it. And btw, I've been on this for a half a day and I'm starving!

Risa
  • When I did pre-conditioning before... they did not give us a menu. Just told us to cut out caffiene, sweets, and excess fats.
    This time around I only did preconditioning for one day b/c I havent had caffiene in quite a while.

I know that salt and soy sauce are out of the picture... you cant have those later on when you go into the other menus. I use "No Salt", it doesnt have sodium but has the salt taste. Ketchup and mayo are out. However, I use "Free Mayo" with half a spenda packet when I make my Tuna salad. It has some sodium but I am losing really well so I am not worried about it. If you go to amazon.com you can order the Metabolic Research Center cookbook. It has condiment substitute recipes and a bunch of other things.
    On the Veggies... you cannot have corn (i love corn) or carrots while on the other menus. Cant have tomato until the green menu.
    Portion wise, I wouldnt worry about it on preconditiong... it is specific on the other menus.
    I havent been really hungry yet... if I do start to feel hungry I drink an HNS, some water, or Crystal Lights Hunger Control. I start the green menu on Friday (yay! Tomato! lol).
    Hope that helps some.
  • SOOO helpful--thanks Asherdwn!
  • Youre welcome! Im sure some of the other girls have more in depth information since I am a bit rusty on the details and am kinda winging it a bit. lol.