Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Default Preconditioning

Hello there,
Ive done MRC once before about 10 years ago and was successful. I was a college student and only had 20 to lose. Now im married and was so happy that i decided to put on an extra 40. I get a discount from the school district I work for and one of the teachers I work with recently started it. So I thought... why not? Im planning on going to the center next week but wanted to get a head start on preconditioning. Is anybody willing to send me the info?
Thanks!
PS. Im so flippin excited! This plan worked before so I KNOW it will work again.

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-19-2009 at 02:23 PM.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi asherdwn!
I noticed you said that you got a discount from the school district where you are employed. Is that something special your district does, or does MRC offer a discount to all school district employees? I joined a few days ago, and I'm a teacher but did not receive any discount.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

I don't have the preconditioning menu with me but I know I was to eat 4 oz of lean mean, a slice of diet bread, 4 oz cooked or 8 oz raw vegetables and a serving of fruit for all 3 meals per day and take a multivitamin and fish oil everyday while avoiding caffeine and sugar. Hope this helps!
MRChopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197.5

Default Need help with preconditioning menu ideas

I joined MRC a week and a half ago. I am having a hard time with the preconditioning phase in knowing what to eat. It was very basic instruction and my food intro meeting is not till next week. I had to miss the first one because of work. HELP!! What type of menus did some of you use for your preconditioning phase?
sagefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Ladies, Preconditioning does not tell you what to eat. It is to start getting your body ready for the first menu when you do have to follow "what to eat". Many people even lose weight during preconditioning!

If you drink lots of sodas or coffee, gradually cut the amount down so when you start MRC your body will not have to go 'cold turkey'. Lack of caffeine when your body is used to getting its daily, if not hourly dose, can really make you feel bad - headaches, etc.

If you eat between meals, snacks and junk food, sugary things (like cake, cookies, candies, chocolate), salty things (like chips, popcorn, pretzels), starchy things (like breads, potatoes, rice, rolls) - start eating only at meals, cutting back, eating up or giving away things that are in your pantry or house that won't be on the menu. Enjoy and savor your favorites - you will be able to eat them again but it may be a long time.

Preconditioning is a time to get ready so when you start MRC, you will be prepared to follow the menu guide lines. If you do not have the items you are not supposed to eat in your cupboards or house, it is easier to resist them.

Good luck to all of you. This is not a hard program to follow and you do get results. Pay attention to how you can change your habits so when you reach your ideal weight, you can continue to eat well and keep the weight off.

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197.5

thanks, Jeanette! That makes sense........It is just that when I signed up, that was not really clear to me. They made out an outline of 3 meals and 3 snacks........food groups were specified but very general...Looks as if you are doing great!
sagefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Noticed a difference with preconditioning instructions. I was given a menu. It had four lists on it. One with protien items, one with fruits, one with starches and one with veggies. You have one thing from each list at each meal. Snacks were veggies, and only a few other rules like the no caffeine. Other posts just said it was more loosely defined then that. Just wean off the caffeine and sugar and stuff like that. Glad I had the instructions that I did, I would never have cut out those things on my own.
And B12 is great for withdrawl headaches.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Hi asherdwn!
I noticed you said that you got a discount from the school district where you are employed. Is that something special your district does, or does MRC offer a discount to all school district employees? I joined a few days ago, and I'm a teacher but did not receive any discount.
Hi! I was out of town without a computer... lol.

Goose:
The research center here in Mckinney offered it to the MISD employees. We have an "employee perks" list. I think that one of the girls that works there has something to do with one of the schools here too. We just get the "maintenace" free... so its like getting a hundred off of whatever the end price for my weight is. Maybe your school district has something like employee perks in your town? Maybe you could suggest it to your center... it might help them draw more business.
We do not get any discount on products though. And I think they run specials sometimes to where you can get the maintenance for free anyways.

Reuselady: My starting weight is the same as yours... except I am shooting for 130. That's because I am 5'2. lol. How has your WL journey been so far?

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-05-2009 at 09:20 PM.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/185/140

Height: 5ft 2 in

I had been preconditioning all week than blew it this weekend. I am suppose to start program on Monday and do my WI on Thurs. Can I still start on program monday??? I am going to start and see what happens I think. Has anybody else been through this??? And if so what did you do??
blissfulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #10  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

blissfulmommy - do not worry, go start on Monday. You maybe surprised. THe hard work begins when you get the first menu.

asherdwn - I have been pleased with the consistent weight loss - I do drink lots of water and stay On Program most of the time. When I do something off program, it is NOT with sugar - I don't want to risk getting out of the little ketosis I am in.

Lori123321 - I'm going to ask if there is a more informative 'Pre-conditioning" menu than what I was given. Maybe some centers make up their own?!?

Have a great day everyone! jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote