Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRChopeful View Post
I am doing the program through a center and will start the green menu on Sunday. I drink plenty of water, so much that I could swallow a gold fish and I'm sure that it could live a long and healthy life in my stomach. I get 120+ ounces of water. I was just expecting more since I used to eat out daily and now that I don't I have cut out at least 1500 calories a day. The center says they won't worry about it until Monday but what does that mean?
I hope the center can figure it out! Make them take your measurments again and see if you are losing any inches. Hang in there! I'm sure youll see and feel results soon. Our bodies can be stubborn sometimes and it may need some time to get used to the caloric intake and type of food you are eating.

Everybody else: thanks for the encouragement. I like the results I am getting... And I am sure my husband will in a month or two...
yall are all amazing! Keep losing!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #122  

Height: 5'5

Hey wanted to tell you all about a find tonight at Walmart. While looking for the fiber drinks I found a new one...All Bran has a fiber drink, pink lemonade flavor, 10g of fiber per packet. The packets are huge, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Default Keep up the good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherdwn View Post
Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
And I got a Non sarcastic "Good Job!" from my hubby.
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.
Hope all of yall have a wonderful Saturday!
I just wanted to say congrads on your weight lose and keep up the good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherdwn View Post
Ok. So I started the yellow menu on Tuesday. I weighed in at 171. Today (first day on blue menu) I weighed in at 165.3. That's 6.7 lbs in 4 days. More than I was hoping for!
And I got a Non sarcastic "Good Job!" from my hubby.
My goal for the blue menu: not to weigh until next Friday, and lose at least three lbs.
Hope all of yall have a wonderful Saturday!
So proud of you! You didn't use his nonsupport as an excuse to cheat. Just thinking that is something I would have done before! And 6.7 pounds in 4 days? You are melting! Good for you, and good for him for supporting you.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Something has got to be wrong with me. I officially finished stablization last week and went in to maintainence. Of course, Friday-Sunday I traveled back "home" (where I grew up) for some family events. I'm not going to lie...I ate pretty poorly. I had a plenty of alcohol, a lot of carbs, and plenty of desserts. In three days I gained....wait for it....15 POUNDS!!!!!

Something HAS TO BE WRONG WITH ME! How the heck is it possible for a human being to gain 15 pounds in 3 days? Before MRC I would eat like I did these last three days and gain 5-6 lbs and then lose the 5-6 lbs over a week or so. But now I'm gaining 10-15 lbs when I eat poorly. I hate saying this because it's against everything I believe in (which is that each of us controls our life and bodies) but...THIS JUST IS NOT FAIR! I can't enjoy my life anymore without gaining a ton of weight? Did this MRC diet screw up my metabolism even more? I broke down in tears this morning when I saw that I had gained 15 lbs. I don't know how to deal with this stress anymore.

Back to plain chicken and green beans I guess.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #126  

Thanks AngelofSC and Lori123321! I get lots of encouragement and support from all the wonderful people on this board such as you. I was tired of feeling blah and insufficient. Know what I mean? Like I wasnt good enough or something.
I did this diet in 2004, I weighed 135 and wanted to get down to 120. I think I got down to 125 and then stopped. lol. I kept it off until 2006. So, I know it works. Ive done Medifast before and did not lose near as much weight this fast. And it blew. I LOVE eating real food.
Anyways, Yall are awesome!

Icmaly:
Girl... common sense says that most of that is Water Weight. Booze Booze Booze. Just drink TONS of water over the next couple of days and I bet you see a BIG decrease in that dreadful "gain" number.
You have accomplished SO much!
I think the lesson to keep in mind is that MRC teaches us HOW to eat. It gives us the tools to be able to keep our weight at what we are comfortable with. Just give yourself a maximum number you are comfortable with on the scale and when you reach that number go back to one of the menus.
Your body was just so used to "living the good life" that when you went and had fun it was like "HOLY SH*T!". lol.
I know that I am always going to battle my weight. Its something that I have come to terms with. I was the skinniest girl all throughout shool and could eat what ever I wanted. Mind you I was always active and riding horses (which is an awesome workout by the way). When I got married and moved to the city I had to leave my horses behind with my mom. I got sedentary. And gained 40 lbs. Its not easy to be at my ideal weight... but I am gonna get there.
So... Dont be discouraged. You are doing awesome, your body has changed for the better and it knows what is best for it. You just freaked it out a little. I dont know what I am trying to say. ha. I hope you got something from my babble!

Last edited by asherdwn; 07-13-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #127  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfine09 View Post
Namaste

I just read your MRC story on your blog! I am so proud of you. What an absolutely amazing story you have. You are an inspiration. I love that you've found the woman inside you. I had tears in my eyes the whole time. Way to go!

Thank you soooo much! I appreciate it! I love that I've found "me" too.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaly View Post
Something has got to be wrong with me. I officially finished stablization last week and went in to maintainence. Of course, Friday-Sunday I traveled back "home" (where I grew up) for some family events. I'm not going to lie...I ate pretty poorly. I had a plenty of alcohol, a lot of carbs, and plenty of desserts. In three days I gained....wait for it....15 POUNDS!!!!!

Something HAS TO BE WRONG WITH ME! How the heck is it possible for a human being to gain 15 pounds in 3 days? Before MRC I would eat like I did these last three days and gain 5-6 lbs and then lose the 5-6 lbs over a week or so. But now I'm gaining 10-15 lbs when I eat poorly. I hate saying this because it's against everything I believe in (which is that each of us controls our life and bodies) but...THIS JUST IS NOT FAIR! I can't enjoy my life anymore without gaining a ton of weight? Did this MRC diet screw up my metabolism even more? I broke down in tears this morning when I saw that I had gained 15 lbs. I don't know how to deal with this stress anymore.

lcmaly,
I'm so sorry to hear you are discouraged and I completely and totally understand your frustration. I lost about 30 pounds on Atkins and felt fantastic. Then I noticed every single time I'd have a cheat day, I'd gain a ridiculous amount of weight. Needless to say, stress and life in general got the best of me and I gained it back and then some. I didn't realize that MRC was a low carb diet too, until after I'd signed up. I think anytime we lose weight in a low carb manner, whenever we cheat there is heck to pay. Just try to reason through this...it is just water weight and you'll have it off probably within a week. I guess the best thing to do when you lose the weight and go through maintainence is to realize that you're human and you're going to splurge from time to time. But then get back on your maintainence plan and it will all even out! Keep your chin up!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
lcmaly,
I'm so sorry to hear you are discouraged and I completely and totally understand your frustration. I lost about 30 pounds on Atkins and felt fantastic. Then I noticed every single time I'd have a cheat day, I'd gain a ridiculous amount of weight. Needless to say, stress and life in general got the best of me and I gained it back and then some. I didn't realize that MRC was a low carb diet too, until after I'd signed up. I think anytime we lose weight in a low carb manner, whenever we cheat there is heck to pay. Just try to reason through this...it is just water weight and you'll have it off probably within a week. I guess the best thing to do when you lose the weight and go through maintainence is to realize that you're human and you're going to splurge from time to time. But then get back on your maintainence plan and it will all even out! Keep your chin up!
I have no problem getting right back on track but it's just SO discouraging to see a 15 lb gain in 3 days. I'm sure I'll be down at least 5 lbs by tomorrow but still...it's CRAZY! I knew MRC was low carb (not too low though...it's nothing like atkins!) but they assured me that once I finished with stabilization that I wouldn't gain this much weight when I do eat poorly. Before MRC I actually ate really well...but again with days (2-4 days a month probably) when I'd eat very poorly. The reason I went on MRC was not only to lose a little bit more weight but also so that I WOULDN'T gain weight like crazy when I did eat poorly. Ugh...I feel like being on MRC has made it worse.

What's going to be difficult for me this time around with dropping this (water) weight is I'm heading back "home" for my mom's wedding on Thursday. So I really only have until Thursday to drop this extra weight. I've lost 10 lbs in 5 days before but never 15 lbs. It's always so much harder to eat well when you aren't at home and can't cook for yourself.

Last edited by lcmaly; 07-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I have no problem getting right back on track but it's just SO discouraging to see a 15 lb gain in 3 days. I'm sure I'll be down at least 5 lbs by tomorrow but still...it's CRAZY! I knew MRC was low carb (not too low though...it's nothing like atkins!) but they assured me that once I finished with stabilization that I wouldn't gain this much weight when I do eat poorly. Before MRC I actually ate really well...but again with days (2-4 days a month probably) when I'd eat very poorly. The reason I went on MRC was not only to lose a little bit more weight but also so that I WOULDN'T gain weight like crazy when I did eat poorly. Ugh...I feel like being on MRC has made it worse.

What's going to be difficult for me this time around with dropping this (water) weight is I'm heading back "home" for my mom's wedding on Thursday. So I really only have until Thursday to drop this extra weight. I've lost 10 lbs in 5 days before but never 15 lbs. It's always so much harder to eat well when you aren't at home and can't cook for yourself.

I feel like Atkins definitely made it worse for me. Every little time I treated myself, I had to pay for it. 5-10 pounds. It felt like I could never "catch up" so to speak. I'd lose the water weight but then back to square one. Definitely talk to your consultants when you go to the center, especially if you voiced this fear to them and they assured you it wouldn't be an issue. See what they have to say. Just do what you can do in the time you've got, and deal with it when you get back from your Mom's wedding.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #131  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:

That happened to me when I went to AZ on vacation; lots of bad choices and I too was up 12-15lbs.... but by that Saturday (5 days later) I was right back down and it wasn't just by eating plain chicken and green beans, if that helps. I just went back to my healthy way of eating and drank my water.... and off it came. In terms of not being able to enjoy life; I think this is when you are learning how to enjoy life in moderation. When I had that gain, it wasn't moderate by any means....it was a full blown food and alcohol fest. I just don't think being normal looks like what I did. Plus, I felt like **** after I did it; physically.... awful. And, I do enjoy a treat or something less healthy at times, but I'm trying to learn how to do it in a less destructive way... and when I've done that, I don't have that big gain. I hope that helps.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #132  
Walk By Faith †

S/C/G: 269.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'7"

Hang in there. You are probably retaining some fluids also. Give it a week or so...you will see it start to come off. Keep drinking plenty of water. All you can do is realize what those slip-ups do to us, and learn from them. its behind you...keep it there, dont bring those feelings into each day. Each day is a new chance to succeed! You can do it!!!!! :hugs:

Last edited by Dedge; 07-13-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hey wanted to tell you all about a find tonight at Walmart. While looking for the fiber drinks I found a new one...All Bran has a fiber drink, pink lemonade flavor, 10g of fiber per packet. The packets are huge, but I'm going to give it a try tomorrow!

They have an iced tea one also .... when they are on sale, I've bought them in the past -- actually found a bunch at Big Lots for $1 per box. They're good, and the 10 g of fiber really helps.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #134  

Uh oh. I had an orange tonight...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #135  

Quote:

Really...something has got to be wrong with me. I lost 9 lbs in one day. So now I'm only 6 lbs away from back to normal. I bet I'll lose at least 2 lbs tonight. This is NOT normal...

Last edited by lcmaly; 07-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Closed Thread