Old 04-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #106  

Default Hi would love to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmom View Post
I did this last summer and was successful, but did not stay focused for many reasons and gained it all back. I would like to start this again, but it costs so much $$$. I can't afford it, but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight either. If you are interested in doing this without the cost, we could help each other out...How about it out there???? We can get product elsewhere, no start up fees and keep each other accountable...
Hi I would love to join with you guys and I could use all the support I can get, but don't have the menus, will you help me as well?
weepeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #107  

Smile metabolic research diet

I have been on this diet twice and like so many others can't afford to go back, can someone please send me the menus so I can try on my own, I also need the pre-conditioning on . I am new and can't IM so please email to me.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 180/165/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepeople View Post
Hi I would love to join with you guys and I could use all the support I can get, but don't have the menus, will you help me as well?
Welcome! Go to dietdirect.com & shop. The liquid protien is the drinks from MRC, the bars ate barwise & protidiet. Most things you order should have little sodium, 12-15 grams of protien & not much of anything else!!! My diet menu was designed for me by a company that was bought out by MRC so I dont think mine mirrors everyone elses. Basically I did almost an Atkins diet for the 1st week to reset my body, then only 2 breads (1/2 sandwich thin or 1/2 flatout wrap) a day. 3 food proteins a day like egg, meat, etc (4 oz) & no white anything, no pasta, no bread, no rice, etc (not even wheat, except what I mentioned as allowable above). 1 serving of fruit at lunch, veggies at every meal (breakfast not mandatory but helpful...broccoli in your eggs maybe?) at least 3 MRC products a day (like 3 drinks, 2 drinks & a bar or pudding). Never a bar & pudding in the same day. Be smart, think first, pay attention to portions, nutritional facts. I also walk hard on the treadmill for 1/2hr at least 4x's a week. I have lost 15lbs & 3 sizes since Jan 2010. Good luck hope I helped & didnt confuse. Other chatters may have different diet details as I said but this has certainly worked for me with the MRC staff & products.
sully2nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/165/125

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weepeople View Post
I have been on this diet twice and like so many others can't afford to go back, can someone please send me the menus so I can try on my own, I also need the pre-conditioning on . I am new and can't IM so please email to me.

Welcome! Go to dietdirect.com & shop. The liquid protien is the drinks from MRC, the bars ate barwise & protidiet. Most things you order should have little sodium, 12-15 grams of protien & not much of anything else!!! My diet menu was designed for me by a company that was bought out by MRC so I dont think mine mirrors everyone elses. Basically I did almost an Atkins diet for the 1st week to reset my body, then only 2 breads (1/2 sandwich thin or 1/2 flatout wrap) a day. 3 food proteins a day like egg, meat, etc (4 oz) & no white anything, no pasta, no bread, no rice, etc (not even wheat, except what I mentioned as allowable above). 1 serving of fruit at lunch, veggies at every meal (breakfast not mandatory but helpful...broccoli in your eggs maybe?) at least 3 MRC products a day (like 3 drinks, 2 drinks & a bar or pudding). Never a bar & pudding in the same day. Be smart, think first, pay attention to portions, nutritional facts. I also walk hard on the treadmill for 1/2hr at least 4x's a week. I have lost 15lbs & 3 sizes since Jan 2010. Good luck hope I helped & didnt confuse. Other chatters may have different diet details as I said but this has certainly worked for me with the MRC staff & products.
sully2nsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 179/169.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the information I will go to dietdirect.com and see how much I could save.
DDDrury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully2nsb View Post
Off of diet direct or mrc center??? I just get the chicken broth soup, not the boullion-I agree & that is why I dont get it like that any longer.
also congrates on almost reaching your goal!!!!!!
sorry it was the chicken broth I got from them. I wish I could remember which one it was. I will have to look at the package when I get home. It tasted good though. I got it from Diet Direct. The soup I get from MrC disolves pretty well.

Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyice26 View Post
I have many of the menu's if anyone needs them. The only thing I don't think I have is stabilization and maintenance. Does anyone have these? I tried MRC on my own after a co-worker of mine had great results with going to the centers. In the first 2 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I was not COMPLETELY on plan the whole time. Sometimes I would sneak in a small handful of chocolate chips :P. Maybe if I had stayed more O.P. I would have lost even more but I am happy with what I lost. Needless to say I started back to school, moved into a new house, and had many MANY September birthday's to get through and I completely stopped doing the plan. I have gone through the remorse and am now ready to start again. The only thing I seem to lack is accountability and encouragement. I don't think I need the centers to do this for me, I think just having a buddy would help. Would anyone else mind if I joined this bandwagon?
Hi would you please send me copies of the sheets on email or contact me and I can give you my address, I went out this several yrs ago and want to get back on it but it is too expensive for me. My address is 7412 Gainsborough, amarillo, TX 79121 I don't have PM that I know of, thanks for your help, I really need the preconditioning on too if you have it. Thanks again.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #113  

Height: 5'9"

I am thrilled...I lost 5lbs this week! Feeling back in control and doing this on my own with dietdirect....now if I can only stick with one BARIWISE protein bar a day I will be good....my gosh they are like eating a candy bar!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #114  

Default Response To Matabolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclewis5606 View Post
GSMOM/Mistyice06/lizzie/BuckeyeGirl -

I started Metabolic last August and lost about 35 lbs by Thanksgiving....well the Holidays got me completely off track and needless to say I gained all of my weight back and then some. I believe in this diet (lifestyle) and it really works! I just need to learn control!! Also, I never made it to stabilization before, which was part of my problem. I am doing the diet on my own now too and would love the support of this group! I have some supplements left over, but have a website that I order the protein drinks/supplements from. I was wondering though how how to find the equivalent of MRC-6/Cortitrim once I run out. Any thoughts? I am pretty sure you can buy the Hoodia at any drugstore/Walmart/GNC.

Do any of you have the maintenance/stabilization menu that you could share? I was curious as to how that works. I have only the yellow, blue and green.
What you should do is go back to the yellow menu 4 days. If you dont have protein supplements increase your protein at breakfast by adding an boiled egg. And increase your meat to six ounces at dinner. You should lose four pounds in this. Go back to day eleven (green menu) and stay on it until you reach a plateau again. The supplements are nothing but protein, and the way they make money. There not magic and the increased protein through food will do the same. Metabolic will not give you this info
angel35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
I am thrilled...I lost 5lbs this week! Feeling back in control and doing this on my own with dietdirect....now if I can only stick with one BARIWISE protein bar a day I will be good....my gosh they are like eating a candy bar!

AWESOME! Congratulations. (I feel your pain about only having one bar -- they are delicious!)
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyice26 View Post
I have many of the menu's if anyone needs them. The only thing I don't think I have is stabilization and maintenance. Does anyone have these? I tried MRC on my own after a co-worker of mine had great results with going to the centers. In the first 2 weeks I lost 8 lbs. and I was not COMPLETELY on plan the whole time. Sometimes I would sneak in a small handful of chocolate chips :P. Maybe if I had stayed more O.P. I would have lost even more but I am happy with what I lost. Needless to say I started back to school, moved into a new house, and had many MANY September birthday's to get through and I completely stopped doing the plan. I have gone through the remorse and am now ready to start again. The only thing I seem to lack is accountability and encouragement. I don't think I need the centers to do this for me, I think just having a buddy would help. Would anyone else mind if I joined this bandwagon?
I would love to get the menus. I tried this diet a few years ago and it worked great. My mom and I tried it at the same time and we both had success. She had a slightly different menu than I did (I think she had to eat more oz of protein at each meal). I am really new to this website, I just signed up today. It seems more supportive than the centers. Hope that is a good sign.
rjlapp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Congratulations on the loss! You are doing really good.. Keep up the good work..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
GWE- do you have a few favorite bars...I looked at the site and would love some recommendations...comparable to MRC's?.....thanks
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 AM   #119  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Congratulations on the loss! You are doing really good.. Keep up the good work..

Ronnie
Ronnie thank you for the encouragement...I need it always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
GWE- do you have a few favorite bars...I looked at the site and would love some recommendations...comparable to MRC's?.....thanks
Keiko, I purchase BariWise variety pack as not to get bored but my favorite bars are caramel crunch, double peanut butter, rocky road (#1 for me), these three satisfy my "candy bar" fix. ...However, they are all good and SO MUCH better than the Proti, many times the nuts in the Proti bars tasted rancid. I haven't tried the other protein bars on dietdirect but have tried them all in the stores, Luna, Atkins, etc...and I have to say BariWise is doing something right...absolutely no after taste like some bars have. I have to keep my kids out of them...I buy the "snickers" protein bars for my kids at Sams Club to keep them out of mine!

The caramel brownie, strawberry cheesecake are like a small desserts. I guess it all depends on your personal preferences. I would recommend you order the variety pack and have a taste of them all and then you will know which flavors you like best...I even liked the oatmeal which I thought I wouldn't...

Last edited by GWE140; 04-24-2010 at 11:54 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
The Wonderslim Crispy Meal Replacement Bars are the same ones the center sells .... my faves are the cinnamon and peanut ones.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote