Old 06-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrrn View Post
I would like to join the group also. I was thinking of joining MRC but then I found this tread. But, I'm wondering if there is a new thread since the last thing posted here is from 5/31/10. I would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.
When you click on the Metabolic Research Center link, there are many "sub groups". The one that has the current month in the title is the one used most often. This one is a subgroup to answer specific questions about product. The others are usually about specific things. They are fun to read through, you can get hints and ideas, but the main one is "June" ... it will get set up as July on Thursday.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #137  

I faithfully followed this diet years ago and lost weight effectively until I learned I was pregnant. Now I am bigger than I've ever been before and rich with children but not rich with $$$. I have the blue menu (days 5 - 10), some HNS leftover and really want to get back on it w/out all the supplements. Please send me the menus for days 1 -5 and others! I cannot find them anywhere I'm new so I can't post my email normally so here goes with spaces: nicholette4872 at yahoo dot com. Thank you so much (in advance).
onebigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #138  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/125ish

Height: 5'2''

Room for another???? I tried MRC about a year and a half ago, and did well, but the cost was just to much for me. I dont have any menues saved, can someone help!!!!

(will have to edit my profile - my Grandson is now 2, and I am a wee bit chunkier...sigh)

Last edited by theycallmemom; 07-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.
theycallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #139  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Starting over without MRC

Thanks to Deb, I've got some of the HNS and the meal replacement bars so started over 3 weeks ago, using the getting started menu. My son went back to MRC officially and they told him to go from that first week of cutting back (white sheet with 4 categories) right to the green menu. He has about 30 lbs. to lose. He asked about the yellow and blue menus and was told they weren't using them anymore.

I went right to the green menu the second week and am on day 10. Am down 5 lbs in the first three weeks. I was never a big loser (averaged 2 lbs a week) when I was officially on the program, so am OK with the loss so far. It sure is easier than suffering through the yellow and blue menus.
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #140  

YAY Judy!!!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #141  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Hello ladies! Well, in 3 days, my program is supposed to be over but Im still like 15lbs away from my goal!! it has been a long and difficult struggle for me. I've realized that my problem is so much more emotional than it is physically being hungry. I like to stuff myself until I'm uncomfortable and then hate myself for it....vicious cycle. Anyway-i dont want to give you a life story, but i do want to join in going at it alone.

I have the green and blue menus and plan on getting stablization and maintence today (for when i reach goal), so if you need anything let me know. Starting tomorrow, i am doing my own metaquick (using EAS shakes) for 5 days. I plan on using diet direct.com for supplements and will grab some MRC-6 and Cortitrim as my last purchases from the center. Does anyone have suggestions for products similar to phentatrim, cortitrim or MRC-6?

This last week has been really bad for me, and i think i've gained about 5lbs....UGH (hence, the metaquick). So, tonight will probably be a bad weigh in and then i will re-motivate myself for tomorrow! I am bound and determined to get to my goal and I know you ladies are too, so lets help each other!
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 202/202/150 age 33

Height: 5'5" has Hypothyroid/Insulin resistance-PCOS/Interstitial Cystitis

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing everyone! I am going to look into this diet. I am trying to decide still between this or just Sugar Busters. Any opinions on the two?
KatsMeow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Sugar Busters is all about glycemic index. I read and followed that for a while.

MRC is based on eating low-glycemic index foods and limiting carbs. If you don't want to give up carbs (well, we eat them...but very limited), go with sugar busters. At least with that there is rice and whole wheat pasta.

MRC works. I have lost over 30 pounds so far with it, but just know you have to committ 100% or it doesn't work.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 202/202/150 age 33

Height: 5'5" has Hypothyroid/Insulin resistance-PCOS/Interstitial Cystitis

Thanks Razorback I have decided to go ahead and do sugar busters because It is really a lifestyle change I need to make for good considering all the diabetes and heart disease in my family. Sugar busters for me seems more like something I can do for a lifetime Good luck to us all! I am waiting for my Sugarbusters cookbook to come in the mail
KatsMeow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Hello everyone!! I am new to this board! I did MRC a year ago and was mildly successful, but not fully committed. I am ready now and I still have about 30 boxes of various drinks and some supplements. What I don't have (moved in last year) is any of the menus. I am in a northern suburb of Denver, CO. and would love to try this on my own. (I never went to the Center except to buy drinks and supplements before.) Can anyone help me? I hope someone can help!!
THANKS!!

Last edited by Lilmiss; 02-10-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Thanks to all of the positive posts on the board - I am going to sign up!! Thank you to everyone!!
Lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #147  

Default Green Menu

I was on Meta-slim for 4 months and I lost about 35 lbs. I got to the point that I couldn't afford it any more. I misplaced my green menu. Please can someone help me. I am at wits end looking for it. I
I have to get the rest of the weight off my knees. The doctor has told me that if I don't I will have to have knee replacements very soon.
PLease can someone email the green menu to me.
dixiechx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #148  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiechx View Post
I was on Meta-slim for 4 months and I lost about 35 lbs. I got to the point that I couldn't afford it any more. I misplaced my green menu. Please can someone help me. I am at wits end looking for it. I
I have to get the rest of the weight off my knees. The doctor has told me that if I don't I will have to have knee replacements very soon.
PLease can someone email the green menu to me.
I just posted it (both beige and green) again yesterday in the menus thread.
If you will go to my 10/28 post to SPRYNG, within this thread, both are posted in a pdf format.

Last edited by Joy2MeNu; 02-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 280/278.4/140

Height: 5'2''

Okay ladies you have convenience me to give this a try. I need everything. I have never tried this but enough is enough. This weight has got to go. Please I need menus instructions on what to start with and what to buy. Please someone help me.
MrsMBunnieXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #150  

How can I get copies of the Meta Slim Menus? starting with Pre-conditioning and after that? I want to start the program but the cost is holding me back. any advise?
grams1 is offline   Reply With Quote