Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #1  

Default Soon to be a MRC Newbie with a Question

I am planning to join the local MRC. A lady that my wife works with lost like 40 to 50 pounds on the diet. Also, 2 of her friends are trying it. They are having some sort of $200 special right now (I don't know many more details than that).

So I am currently in the "research" phase since I am such a skeptic I am about 210 lbs and I need to loose about 45 lbs.

There doesn't seem to be a general FAQ for this forum section and I had a few questions.

First, do they limit your exercise? I seemed to get that impression from a couple of threads. The reason I ask is I was a triathlete before I had some depression/anxiety issues and gained like 45 pounds. I am starting to ride my bike (up to 40 miles now) and lift weights with plans to start running again within the next week. I REALLY don't want to give up my return to training since it was such a help the first time I lost all my extra weight 5 years ago.

Also, how does the diet compare to Atkins? I have tried to do Atkins a couple of times, but I just couldn't stomach all the fatty introductory phase foods (and it make me feel sickly).

Is there any chance of getting away with buying "similar" protein drinks, supplements and following the diet on my own without actually joining?

Thanks!
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post
I am planning to join the local MRC. A lady that my wife works with lost like 40 to 50 pounds on the diet. Also, 2 of her friends are trying it. They are having some sort of $200 special right now (I don't know many more details than that).

So I am currently in the "research" phase since I am such a skeptic I am about 210 lbs and I need to loose about 45 lbs.

There doesn't seem to be a general FAQ for this forum section and I had a few questions.

First, do they limit your exercise? I seemed to get that impression from a couple of threads. The reason I ask is I was a triathlete before I had some depression/anxiety issues and gained like 45 pounds. I am starting to ride my bike (up to 40 miles now) and lift weights with plans to start running again within the next week. I REALLY don't want to give up my return to training since it was such a help the first time I lost all my extra weight 5 years ago.

Also, how does the diet compare to Atkins? I have tried to do Atkins a couple of times, but I just couldn't stomach all the fatty introductory phase foods (and it make me feel sickly).

Is there any chance of getting away with buying "similar" protein drinks, supplements and following the diet on my own without actually joining?

Thanks!
First, you really should schedule the free consultation to get answers from the source you would be dealing with. But here are some general answers:

1) Exercise - because of the limited calorie intake, they don't recommend strenuous exercise. Having said that, talk to them. A couple of people here are like you, and they've made it work.

2) This is not like Atkins. This is low fat protein, not high fat protein. Carbs are from fresh vegetables (lots of them) and whole wheat, low calorie bread or Melba toast, and limited fruit.

3) You can buy their products under different names, but you are required to buy at least enough protein drinks from them to cover the minimum 2 per day requirement.

Hope that helps.
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben View Post

Thanks!
1) My center told me minimum of 30 min/day 3 days/week and no more than 4 hours a week but as succeed mentioned talk to your center as there are marathon runners and exercise-a-holics on here

2) The website www.dietdirect.com has the brand protidiet and they are the same thing as the HNS's only different packaging. I believe another user mentioned several of their products and prices in teh MRC TAke 36 thread, or in another thread.

Good luck
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #4  

Default No more research-Just Join

IT WORKS! It is well worth the $ to join. I have 100 pounds to lose. I started the program 35 days ago and have already lost 22 pounds. The key is to follow the program and do not eat ANYTHING that is not on the program. Drink 5 protein supplements a day. Yes, they encourage exercise. I ride a exercise bicycle 30 minutes a day. Not only have I lost 22 pounds, but I feel so much better.
THERESACOX6181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

What is with this $200 special they are offering at some of the centers...I called and was told they never have specials???? Just curious....wouldn't you think they would all work the same no matter where they are located?
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #6  

Seems it was just a percentage discount a married couple (that are friends of my wife) received when they signed up together. They must have misremembered the amount (they paid $265 each according to the lady I met with)

I signed up today. It was $298 for 17 weeks. Though it's worth it to me if it works.

I have 44 lbs to loose.

I plan to just buy the protein drinks and get the rest of the vitamins/supplements from outside sources (as long as I can figure out where... there doesn't seem to be a supplement faq or anything on the board).
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote