Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Connie,

I can completely relate! My 17 wks end on June 8th and I have been going back and forth if I should continue another 10 to 17 weeks to get to goal...I did purchase the full package to maintenance, if I purchase more weeks now I truly won't be very successful as I have a week long trip to Chicago starting June 13 and will be leaving for the summer to go oversees for 6 weeks - where I definitely will have challenges staying on plan. So I just thought I will take it easy over the summer and keep on plan with selected cheats and begin MRC in August.. I am just so afraid the weight will start to creep even though I am running three days a week
!

I have a question....can you join for as many weeks you want? When I went in, I was told 24 weeks plus a year of maintenance...if I didn't lose at the end of the 24 weeks, I could pay $99 for another round, not sure how many weeks though. So, I'm assuming the 17 weeks is so much cheaper than the 24 weeks at $398. So I was wondering if I could choose the 17 week plan then go for the $99 after that? I'm confused by all this!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #17  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Connie,

I can completely relate! My 17 wks end on June 8th and I have been going back and forth if I should continue another 10 to 17 weeks to get to goal...I did purchase the full package to maintenance, if I purchase more weeks now I truly won't be very successful as I have a week long trip to Chicago starting June 13 and will be leaving for the summer to go oversees for 6 weeks - where I definitely will have challenges staying on plan. So I just thought I will take it easy over the summer and keep on plan with selected cheats and begin MRC in August.. I am just so afraid the weight will start to creep even though I am running three days a week
!

I have a question....can you join for as many weeks you want? When I went in, I was told 24 weeks plus a year of maintenance...if I didn't lose at the end of the 24 weeks, I could pay $99 for another round, not sure how many weeks though. So, I'm assuming the 17 weeks is so much cheaper than the 24 weeks at $398. So I was wondering if I could choose the 17 week plan then go for the $99 after that? I'm confused by all this!!!
To be honest I am not exactly sure how the weeks are determined. What I have been told is that the weeks are related to how much weight you have to lose when you sign up. It was determined that I should get to my goal weight in 17 weeks, this hasn't happen so I can purchase more weeks and the center will determine how much time it will take for the remaining weight.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 PM   #18  
I Think I Can!

S/C/G: 235.5/189.5/150

Height: 5'2"

Fifties Lady,

The $99 is for 10 weeks. If you're not already in maintenance, they will delay it until after the additional 10 weeks.
tpomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

I am with you guys! I am supposed to be in stabilization, but I have yet to complete one week faithfully. I do think you reach a point where you have just had enough. I do want to continue to lose weight, and eat and feel healthier, but it seems like I have lost my motivation to take all of the pills and supplements and make the trips to the center to weigh in. I wonder...has anyone successfully maintained the program on their own???

I will be honest, though, and tell you that I spent a few days out of town, where I did't eat too bad (although not on plan), but I did have quite a number of drinks, and when I weighed back at home, I had gained 7 pounds! 7 pounds in 3 days! :0 That is enough to make you want to stay on program! lol

Maybe we can all encourage each other to keep going - I know I do not want to move my avitar back up, so I am back on the wagon this week! Anyone with me?
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post

I will be honest, though, and tell you that I spent a few days out of town, where I did't eat too bad (although not on plan), but I did have quite a number of drinks, and when I weighed back at home, I had gained 7 pounds! 7 pounds in 3 days! :0 That is enough to make you want to stay on program! lol
I gained 10 lbs in ONE NIGHT by drinking and eating off plan (very off plan). The important part is to get right back on the wagon and be 100% following the off plan choices. I was able to lose the 10 lbs, plus 1.5 lbs MORE, in a week. Just remember...it's mostly water weight. And now I'm on week 1 of stabilization...WAHOO!

My understanding is if you stick with the program all the way through stabilization and in to maintenance, your metabolism sort of resets itself and your body learns how to handle "off plan" food better. So no more big weight gains from having some drinks or eating some not so great foods. Once you get through stabilization, it's all about calorie counting and not necessarily eating certain combinations/types of foods. In order to get through stabilization, just think of what life will be like after the 6 weeks! If that's not enough to motivate you...I don't know what will! Good luck!!

Last edited by lcmaly; 06-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #21  

Thanks lcmay. I see that you started in April and are already on Stabilization - good for you! I know I should continue with the Stabilization, but honestly, I have been on the program since November, and have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds the last couple of months, so I am at the point where I really don't see the point of spending all of the money and wasting my time going to the center if I am just going to gain and lose the same weight, you know?

I am not really ready for Stabilization, anyway, because I have more weight that I want to lose, but the manager told me that I should stay at the weight I am now and try to maintain. But since I don't want to maintain this weight, I am not really doing the Stabilization menu like I should. I am just not ready to add in pound cake and yogurt! Too scary! Lol

I have a vacation in Mexico next week, and I already know I am going to go off-plan again, so I may just wait until I get back to decide what’s next for me. Does anyone know how long we can skip weighing in at the center before we have to resign?
Old 06-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post
Thanks lcmay. I see that you started in April and are already on Stabilization - good for you! I know I should continue with the Stabilization, but honestly, I have been on the program since November, and have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds the last couple of months, so I am at the point where I really don't see the point of spending all of the money and wasting my time going to the center if I am just going to gain and lose the same weight, you know?

I am not really ready for Stabilization, anyway, because I have more weight that I want to lose, but the manager told me that I should stay at the weight I am now and try to maintain. But since I don't want to maintain this weight, I am not really doing the Stabilization menu like I should. I am just not ready to add in pound cake and yogurt! Too scary! Lol

I have a vacation in Mexico next week, and I already know I am going to go off-plan again, so I may just wait until I get back to decide what’s next for me. Does anyone know how long we can skip weighing in at the center before we have to resign?
My stabilization and maintenance was included in my program cost. I have no idea if I would have paid for it if it wasn't included in the program to begin with. Probably not since I've already spent $400 more on this program than I thought I would!

As for skip weighing in at the center...as long as you tell them you are out of town they don't care. The center should never MAKE you resign. I can't see them ever wanting that because if they MAKE you resign then they actually have to refund you and they've lost a potential revenue stream (you buying pills and HNS).
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #23  

I hope you are right because I don't think I am going to go in until after I get back from Mexico, which would put me at about 3 weeks without going in. I know that I am not going to like what I see, but I will just have to bite the bullet and face the number!