Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #121  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedangel75 View Post
Hi everyone,
I just found this thread--what a great idea. I go to the Westminster, CO center.
I was just reading the earlier posts about how certain counselors treat people. There must be one at every location because I was thinking the same thing about one at our center, everyone else is great. I was going to drop a note in the comment box but I can't remember her name! I will have to find out because I have seen her twice and she was the same way with me both times.
So far this program seems to be working great. I started on 4/27. I was measured last week and they said I had lost 24 inches but my clothes arent fitting any different so I am wondering if there was a mis-measure in the begining or the recent measure. It seems like alot for 11.5 pounds.
Happy to be here and looking forward to "meeting" everyone!
Jessica
Hello!! Welcome. You should really talk to the Supervisor there, her name is Jaclyn and she's great. Tell her about your experience with that consultant because she has been working really hard on getting that center turned around. She is looking for feedback (I have two people I work with that I've sent there in the past and they had issues; since she's been there, it's been much different). I'll actually be there in June doing a peer inspiration so maybe you can make it and I can say hello in person. It's on a Saturday (I think it's June 20th)
Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default I vote yes!

Let's us Colorado people get together this summer. It would be so cool to put "faces", with the supportive messages that I have come to appreciate and rely on. Late June works for me.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 208/207/145

Height: 5' 4.5"

Yes, Jaclyn is great! I will say something to her the next time I see her. I will try to make it on the 20th. You are such an inspiration to me and so many others, I would like to meet you. Right after I joined MRC and this site I checked out the link to your website and then I went and weighed in and they had your pictures up on the computer screen and showed it to everyone. Congratulations!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyWallet View Post
Let's us Colorado people get together this summer. It would be so cool to put "faces", with the supportive messages that I have come to appreciate and rely on. Late June works for me.

Ok Cornhuskers....you know what it's like when we play against Colorado...let's beat them to the punch!!!! Are you up to it????
Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 239/239/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Skinnymom2B

I know it is dis-heartening to work so hard and not have your body respond with a loss. The first week was like that for me. What helped was that the counselor ran a tanita on me and told me I WAS losing fat, just water retention was the problem. You may have lost, your body just isn't showing it. Or your body may need time to re-set. (the horrible "plateau") I know I will experience the plateau thing again, and I dread it as I am so happy with the momentum I am picking up....but it happens, it is "normal". So grit your teeth darlin', it will soon be over.

Gummy bears, man I love those! At least they are fat-free! You picked a good treat, in terms of it it probably won't do you much "damage".

Tell then to run a tanita. It helps to see what your body is really doing.

Sending you positive vibes, and support, and hugs.....it will be ok.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #126  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

skinnymom,

I know what you're talking about you do everything like you're supposed to and WHY won't that darn scale reflect your hard work! All I can say is to just try and keep it up and it will pay off soon!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #127  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Default CO MRC get together

So it sounds like everyone would like to try and meet up. Normally and before this I would have suggested a restaurant LOL!!! It does look like we are all kind of spread out and like everyone has kiddos or grandkiddos.

Might I suggest somewhere that is kind of "inbetween" everything? Maybe a day at the zoo? You can bring your own MRC picnic and the kids and get some good exercise too boot!

End of June or end of July?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #128  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
I finally did it! I stepped off the plateau and lost 5.5 lbs at my WI today! It was also the first time I have been measured and I have lost 25 inches! WOW!!!!
This is the first time I have been successful on a diet.......what a great feeling. I know a long way to go but a great feeling.

Now I need to remember how to change my ticker!! LOL
Jo
WOW! Great job!! Keep up the good work.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #129  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
So it sounds like everyone would like to try and meet up. Normally and before this I would have suggested a restaurant LOL!!! It does look like we are all kind of spread out and like everyone has kiddos or grandkiddos.

Might I suggest somewhere that is kind of "inbetween" everything? Maybe a day at the zoo? You can bring your own MRC picnic and the kids and get some good exercise too boot!

End of June or end of July?
Hi Kristalin,

I would love to join when everyone gets together this summer. I'm also envious that you get to spend the summer away from work. It will be a great summer for you and will give you extra time maybe to finalize any wedding plans!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #130  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
Hi Kristalin,

I would love to join when everyone gets together this summer. I'm also envious that you get to spend the summer away from work. It will be a great summer for you and will give you extra time maybe to finalize any wedding plans!
oh gosh i don't get to be away from work all summer. i told someone else i envied them that they could do that My dream would be to quit all together
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Well I certainly wish I were in Colorado now! I was in Estes Park 4 years ago for my nephew's wedding and it is an absolutely gorgeous place.

Here in Florida we are just a few days away from the beginning of hurricane season which is years past has been a very stressful 6 months.

I had a few slip ups over Memorial Day weekend, darn bread cravings, and only had a .5 loss. My counselor really got me redirected and refocused for next WI and by home scale I am hoping to sign 45 pound board tomorrow. I started exercising as well.

Had a nice NSV-when I walked in for a hair appointment, my stylist said it was a good thing he was sitting down or he would have fallen over as I am really starting to show my weightloss. I told him it was stylist's choice for my cut and I absolutely love it!

Way to go on your weigh in Joz! That is absolutely fantastic!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #132  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniemoonie View Post
YAY REBECCA!!! That's some serious will power!!!

Good job on staying away from the desserts!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:39 AM   #133  
joz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
Well I certainly wish I were in Colorado now! I was in Estes Park 4 years ago for my nephew's wedding and it is an absolutely gorgeous place.

Here in Florida we are just a few days away from the beginning of hurricane season which is years past has been a very stressful 6 months.

I had a few slip ups over Memorial Day weekend, darn bread cravings, and only had a .5 loss. My counselor really got me redirected and refocused for next WI and by home scale I am hoping to sign 45 pound board tomorrow. I started exercising as well.

Had a nice NSV-when I walked in for a hair appointment, my stylist said it was a good thing he was sitting down or he would have fallen over as I am really starting to show my weightloss. I told him it was stylist's choice for my cut and I absolutely love it!

Way to go on your weigh in Joz! That is absolutely fantastic!
Thanks! I have always thought about telling that to a stylist but I am afraid. I have long hair and think that they would cut it short.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 AM   #134  
joz

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone! New clothes are good, however I have not made it that far yet. I will!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Actually, I have so many clothes that I bought thinking that I will get into this someday...so I can downsize and not have to go to the store....except it always is fun to go and buy something new to celebrate your new size!!!
Closed Thread