Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Default Biggest Loser

I'm sitting here watching The Biggest Loser Finale. I haven't been watching the show this season, but I'm sitting here with tears streaming with joy for these people. It's so inspiring! I want to be a big loser too!!!!

For those who are feeling like they are faltering, or don't have the strength to carry on...flip that channel on and watch for a bit. We can all pull that bit of perseverance and moxie out and really make changes we can live with for life. Our health and quality of life depend on it!
PoNdHopPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #2  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I still have two hours until the finale... I can't wait. I've followed this season, my first biggest loser season, and I have pulled a lot of motivation from what I've seen. Not only that, but I've learned a lot too.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I loved this season and really had hoped that Tara would win, but I'm happy for Helen too! I found a lot of motivation from the show too. Seeing these obsese people running inspired me to do the C25K program. And my husband signed us both of for a half marathon (YIKES) next May. It's very intimidating, but I'm hoping it gives me something to work towards.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

I am so happy Helen won and I love the fact that a 65 yr old won too!! It has given me so much inspiration that I started my C25K today!!! I am sitting here sweating and typing!!
workin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #5  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Isn't it awesome!! I keep thinking that if they can do it so can I!! Congrats and good luck on the program! Are you using any podcasts with the C25K?
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #6  

It's kinda funny! I used to avoid "The Biggest Loser" like it was the plague, because seeing all these people losing so much weight just kinda intimidated me. I've been overweight all my life and always consigned myself to the belief that it was here to stay and there was nothing I could do about it. But since I started MRC a month ago...things have really changed. And I love the change. And watching "The Biggest Loser" doesn't make me scoff anymore, because I know that my goals really are attainable, if I work hard enough.
OmegaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #7  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

I love watching the Biggest Loser!! I just would not want to lose weight that way - because I want to focus on getting healthy and not have my wt loss be something that is a competition and something that takes me so far out of my own life into the campus.

Still, seeing all the pics is a huge inspiration and I hope to be a biggest loser too!
diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #8  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a C25K?
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is a C25K?
Couch to 5K is a running program that gets you off the couch and running 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) or 30 minutes in about 9 weeks.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJane View Post
It's kinda funny! I used to avoid "The Biggest Loser" like it was the plague, because seeing all these people losing so much weight just kinda intimidated me. I've been overweight all my life and always consigned myself to the belief that it was here to stay and there was nothing I could do about it. But since I started MRC a month ago...things have really changed. And I love the change. And watching "The Biggest Loser" doesn't make me scoff anymore, because I know that my goals really are attainable, if I work hard enough.
I too was beginning to think that this was how my body was 'supposed to be'. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago and steadily gained weight since then despite concerted efforts to lose. Something I found out...Jillian Michaels is hypothyroid too! Look at her. She's amazing! At least one person on that show has a situation that each of us can identify with...the point being, we are only limited by ourselves. The change must be from within, or it will only be temporary. I honestly have had a 'brain change' on MRC and have a completely different perspective of food and exercise. It's going to have to be how I live my life from now on so I will stay healthy. Just because that was your past, doesn't mean it's your future.
PoNdHopPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229.8/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Isn't it awesome!! I keep thinking that if they can do it so can I!! Congrats and good luck on the program! Are you using any podcasts with the C25K?
Yes I am using Podcasts....the Robert Ullrey one. Would like to find more so if you or anyone else has any suggestions please post them.

Thanks
workin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote