Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #61  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I just ate off plan and I am mad! The veg plan has me starving with only salad at lunch. I guess the lack of protien is making not feel full. So I am going back to the regular plan in the morning. Should I still take my HSN tonite or not? I am not going to use this as an excuse to continue to go back on plan. I will keep on doing it at my next meal. I just hope this does not cause a gain, I so want to get to the green menu.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Stuck in a rutt...

Hey Everyone,
Glad to see such great results out there! As for me, I'm stuck in a bit of a rutt. I started slowing down in losses 2 1/2 weeks ago and then slammed into a plateau a week and a half ago and as of today it's still not budging. So far I've lost 22.5 lbs since 2/21 and now in a holding pattern, buzz, buzz... buzzzzzzzzzzz. I started the Metaquick on Saturday, MR shake in am, Bar at lunch and normal dinner. Still nothing. I did Metaquick for a total of 5 days and the scale has not budged which is really frustrating b/c you feel like you're sacrificing on that plan for great results - very disappointing. I've continued to exercise doing C25K Sun, Tues and will be going again tonight. I am seriously on plan and really confused about this - the only thing that is different in my life right now is I'm exercising!! I started the C25K program with my hubby almost 2 weeks ago - I'm not doing any weight training though. I have no earthly idea why that scale is stuck. Broken? To be quite honest, I've certainly thought about tossing it out the window multiple times and hoping it does break!! Who knows. I've been too busy to go to Center to WI in am's so it will have to wait until Sat am. I'm trying to not feel discouraged but it really can be difficult. I started out with day 6 of Metaquick this am but at lunch we were brought Salads from Chick-fil-A - Grilled Chicken - and I just thought forget it, peeled off the carrots and had FF/Lite Italian w/it and just ate it. I'm trying to increase my water today, tomorrow in hopes this might help before the big WI saturday. I might ask they measure me just to make me feel better if there are some inches gone. We'll see :0) Any advice please share. Have a great night all!!

Last edited by Karen1234; 04-23-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Default ONDerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmaly View Post
What do people mean by ONEderland? It sounds great!
Hi Lcmaly
I think ONDerland is this wonderful and hopeful place in your life for anyone 200+ lbs where you can finally say I am "One Hundred and something" lbs... Can't wait to be there myself and love to say that word as I read everyone's posts .

My question, what do the initials NSV mean? I know it's a new size but the V?? Just curious

Last edited by Karen1234; 04-23-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So tonight my apt complex was having a pizza party and if you brought a friend you get money off your rent so I had some friends come. I decided I didn't really want pizza but I did want something special so I went to subway and got a sandwich. It was grilled chicken, allowed veggies, no cheese so I really only went over with the starch so I'm hoping it doesn't affect me too much. It tasted really good though but it's my first cheat in 4 weeks so I figure one cheat every 4 weeks won't ruin the weight loss.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 188.5/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Hey Everyone,
Glad to see such great results out there! As for me, I'm stuck in a bit of a rutt. I started slowing down in losses 2 1/2 weeks ago and then slammed into a plateau a week and a half ago and as of today it's still not budging. So far I've lost 22.5 lbs since 2/21 and now in a holding pattern, buzz, buzz... buzzzzzzzzzzz. I started the Metaquick on Saturday, MR shake in am, Bar at lunch and normal dinner. Still nothing. I did Metaquick for a total of 5 days and the scale has not budged which is really frustrating b/c you feel like you're sacrificing on that plan for great results - very disappointing. I've continued to exercise doing C25K Sun, Tues and will be going again tonight. I am seriously on plan and really confused about this - the only thing that is different in my life right now is I'm exercising!! I started the C25K program with my hubby almost 2 weeks ago - I'm not doing any weight training though. I have no earthly idea why that scale is stuck. Broken? To be quite honest, I've certainly thought about tossing it out the window multiple times and hoping it does break!! Who knows. I've been too busy to go to Center to WI in am's so it will have to wait until Sat am. I'm trying to not feel discouraged but it really can be difficult. I started out with day 6 of Metaquick this am but at lunch we were brought Salads from Chick-fil-A - Grilled Chicken - and I just thought forget it, peeled off the carrots and had FF/Lite Italian w/it and just ate it. I'm trying to increase my water today, tomorrow in hopes this might help before the big WI saturday. I might ask they measure me just to make me feel better if there are some inches gone. We'll see :0) Any advice please share. Have a great night all!!

It might be the exercise. If your body thinks it's not getting enough calories it will got into starvation mode and not lose any weight. You might want to try to cut back a little on the exercise and see if that helps.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #66  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I too experienced stalled weight loss for two weeks...and began the C25K program ran week 2 day 1 tonight...I did finally drop two pounds in the last three days...what I am doing differently is reducing my HNS from 4 a day to three and have cut out the creamy and up the water...In addition, I am eating the same menu this week for B/L/D trying to control sodium. I absolutely love the taco salad and have eaten this every night this week. Boring I know but it is working this week. I have reached the 30 pound mark this week and knowing I have another 30 or 40 pounds to go is motivating...I began the program on Feb 10. One day at a time...
Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 AM   #67  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Hey guys! I haven't posted in a little while. I am feeling a little blue, I haven't lost any more, and I am going to start, so I am feeling bloated and yucky, and (I know this is gross, but..) I STILL can't go.... I started the internal claenser yesterday, so hopefully... i know it slows down, but WOW!
I have not cheated one second for over 5 wks...and I dont even want to, but I REALLY want to see a drop!!! Sorry to seem negative, I guess PMS is getting me..

Old 04-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #68  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

One more question, please.. I want to post a mini-goal. How do I do that??
Old 04-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 169/137/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a little while. I am feeling a little blue, I haven't lost any more, and I am going to start, so I am feeling bloated and yucky, and (I know this is gross, but..) I STILL can't go.... I started the internal claenser yesterday, so hopefully... i know it slows down, but WOW!
I have not cheated one second for over 5 wks...and I dont even want to, but I REALLY want to see a drop!!! Sorry to seem negative, I guess PMS is getting me..

Sorry you haven't had a loss but when I look at your progress I am inspired. Just keep your mind focused on your goal and know that it will happen. The good thing about this message board is that you are not alone. We are all here to support you through the good times and bad.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #70  
jo1

S/C/G: 262/251.5/175

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes...I have a question...I saw it earlier in a previous thread, but of course, can't find it anymore...someone had a link to over-the-counter substitutes for MRC products...I am specifically looking for subs for Phenatrim, MRC6, Corti-trim, etc--their prices are quite high and I know I can probably pick up subs at Wal-Mart of something. A neighbor told me that Wal-mart has a exact match for the chocolate shakes too, but not sure which one it might be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #71  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

Hi there, I am new here. I posted the thread about the beautiful brides contest. I have searched and searched but searching these forums is a little hard... could someone tell me how to get one of those little goal tickers on the bottom of my posts?

Pre conditioning day 4, 4lbs lost. Start Beige menu Saturday. 266/262/186
Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #72  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Default Just stopping in to say hi!

Hi everyone! I've been checking in but have not posted in a while. I am still taking it one day at a time. My losses have been slow for the last month or so but moving in the right direction!

I just want to say "great job" to all of you for your losses and just for sticking with this change in lifestyle. It is hard but not as hard as being overweight and not feeling good about yourself! Everyone is doing awesome! Just remember if you stick with the plan, even if you are not losing pounds you are losing inches!

If you feel discouraged, get on your computer and come here, read what everyone else is experiencing. Celebrate with others victories and be a shoulder for those who need you. We are each others support. We are all in this together! Hang in there, we are all going to be losers!!

My contract expired on 4/1/09 but since I was so close to goal they let me continue for this month without resigning. My center goal weight is 160, my personal goal is 155. I have my stabilization appointment on 5/5/09 and I plan to be at 160 or below by then. My last WI was Tuesday and I was 3 lbs away, my home scale shows 161.6 this morning.

Have a great OP weekend and remember this.....Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!

Take care!
Mel
Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #73  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

I just came from food instruction and left there in tears. Due to me having had the gastric bypass surgery, they put me on the hypoglycemic program with 6 meals a day. I have NEVER eaten like this and don't see how in the world I am going to be able to manage this with my current life/schedule. Is anyone else out there on this and do you have any tips? As soon as I saw the meal plan I just freaked and am just shaking and just don't know what to do or how I am going to manage this. I am ready to give up now.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #74  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post
I am also battling a really bad cold right now. I thought I was in the clear. It went through the house and everyone had theirs clear up and BAM out of no where the other morning I woke up feeling horrible. Are we allowed to take medicines like Zicam or Theraflu or is there stuff in that that will slow us down?
I've had that cough since Saturday night and Monday I had a sugar free apple cider which is over the carbs but has nothing else to it. I also had a hot tea with spearmint leaves in it. One or both of them helped A LOT. I lost 2.5 when I went in last night *6 days* so I don't think it hurt too much. Just watch whatever you're taking to make sure it doesn't put you too bad over on carbs or anything. Bendaryl and sugar free gum/cough drops have been my salvation the last frew days!

Quote:
Hey Everyone,
I'm afraid to start doing anything more than I'm already doing *y'all have read it I'm sure* for that exact reason. I've been EXTREMELY lucky and I haven't really ever plateaud on this diet. I've had one major cheat at the italian restaurant and that week I didn't loose anything but I didn't gain anything, the next I was right back on it. I've seen others have plateaus that lost nearly a month and then break so keep it up and it'll break when your body is ready for it to. I've heard people say they'll also do the tanita on you again so you can see if you're losing fat even though not pounds.

Quote:
My question, what do the initials NSV mean? I know it's a new size but the V?? Just curious
Non Scale Victory. anything qualifies between getting a compliment, buying a new size, saying no to the most awesome dessert someone just offered you FOR FREE, anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post

the longest i went was 2 weeks and when i upped my flax and started the IC then finally things started moving a little better. i've had a chronic problem with it my whole life though so the effects, feeling bad etc, don't phase me as much as they do people who are normal. i don't know how long is the longest you shud wait before seeing a dr but at 2 weeks i was getting close to going just out of fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristalin180 View Post
Hi there, I am new here. I posted the thread about the beautiful brides contest. I have searched and searched but searching these forums is a little hard... could someone tell me how to get one of those little goal tickers on the bottom of my posts?

Pre conditioning day 4, 4lbs lost. Start Beige menu Saturday. 266/262/186
they're under the user CP up at the top left of the screen. i can't remember after that but I think it's on that first page. if not, then go to the edit signature section and it should be right there. it'll take you to the ticker factory to pick all your stuff. i think they said you have to be a member of the site for 30 days before it'll let you have a signature though. *they need a thumbsup smiley like my other forums have!!*
Old 04-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #75  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

ok, so I just added a before profile pic. i was dressed as a punk rocker for work for halloween *we all were* but it's better for the before and after than my avatar. i don't have to see it very often but i like my avatar pic. *shrug* i was thinking about taking another one now at close to the halfway point just to compare... *shrug* what do y'all think?
Closed Thread