Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #1  
Lyndsey

S/C/G: 254/239/150

Height: 5'4

Post Questions from a NEWBI

Hey everybody im new to MRC and 3FC and so far i love both but im having some diff problems with the MRC for right now i jsut started the preconditoning and the flax pills are kinda makeing my skin, hair and face oily i dont know if this is normal or not but i just wanted some advice to see if anyone eles was having this problem, also what other pills do you all prefer and think i should buy im taking the muliti, flax, and the mrc6 is there any other ones that work well. Anyways soo far i love the diet but to be honest WAS ANYONE ELSE STARVING in the first week lol i know im gonna have a hard time with the first week or so but IM sooo excited about reaching my goal weight in 24 weeks. so anyways if anyone has any advice just let me know thanks everybody
BeBlissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/140

Hi Lyndsey,
First, welcome to the program. I am glad you decided to join and make a lifestyle change for you . As far as being hungry the first week, I believe every one is different. I definitely have had some days where I have found myself to be hungrier than other days. Lately, I am on day 51, I have found myself forcing myself to eat my three meals, but I get them all in. Make sure you are drinking all of your water, it really does help out.

As far as the oils, I used OTC Omega 3s. I do not experience any extra oils in my skin so sorry I can not help you there.

Pills, lets see here, I take the Internal Cleanser, B6, B12, Liquid Minerals and a Multivitamin. The only 3 extras I buy from the center are the B12, Liquid Minerals and the Internal Cleanser. I believe some people have their preferences.

I look forward to walking this journey together with you. Good luck
Jennifer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBlissful View Post
Hey everybody im new to MRC and 3FC and so far i love both but im having some diff problems with the MRC for right now i jsut started the preconditoning and the flax pills are kinda makeing my skin, hair and face oily i dont know if this is normal or not but i just wanted some advice to see if anyone eles was having this problem, also what other pills do you all prefer and think i should buy im taking the muliti, flax, and the mrc6 is there any other ones that work well. Anyways soo far i love the diet but to be honest WAS ANYONE ELSE STARVING in the first week lol i know im gonna have a hard time with the first week or so but IM sooo excited about reaching my goal weight in 24 weeks. so anyways if anyone has any advice just let me know thanks everybody
Welcome!! You will be so amazed at the way the weight keeps coming off with this program!

I take flax but have not experienced any oiliness. I did have some dry skin on my heels, elbows, etc. and that is gone now that I take the flax so I'm sure it does affect your skin.

I have to say that I was never hungry, especially in the beginning of the diet but I know that some people are when they start. Drinking the water definitely helps you feel full and MRC sells fiberfill drinks that you can have to help hunger too. They taste really good and they also help keep you regular

The only pills I took in the beginning were the flax and a multi vitamin. I didn't add anything else until I'd lost about 40 lbs. I started trying them because my losses had slowed down a bit and thought I would give them a try. I tried the phentratrim for about a month and a half and it didn't seem to affect me or my average at all. It's expensive so when I didn't see results, I quit that. I then decided to try MRC6. Not sure if it is helping either, but I did drop clothes sizes quicker. I don't know whether it's because I was getting smaller so the weightloss just showed quicker in sizes or because of the MRC6 but it is relatively cheap so I keep taking it. I don't take anything else and have found that I'm losing fast enough for me. I didn't want to spend a fortune so I just went with the minimum.

Good luck with MRC! Keep posting and letting us know how it's going for you!

Last edited by KeepinOnandOn; 04-14-2009 at 11:31 AM.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/252.4/180

Height: 5"7 1/2

Hey there!
I am so excited to be apart of this online club. It is so encouraging to see others like me. When I joined MRC two years ago, i lost almost 30 lbs. in 2 1/2 months. This program really works. The inches were coming off fast also!
On the day I would be a little hungry, I would just add more veggies to my plate.
I wanted to know,
Would someone be willing to share with me the pre-conditioning menu with me?

Thanks...
[email protected]
cassant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #5  
Lyndsey

S/C/G: 254/239/150

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Kinda Icky

Did anyone else kinda feel a little icky during the first few days i have been feeling tired and kinda zoned out, Im not sure why tho. Just Need a little advice at to why this is going on, because i dont think i can go on like this, hopefully its jsut my body geting use to this way of life hopefully
BeBlissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #6  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Did anyone else kinda feel a little icky during the first few days i have been feeling tired and kinda zoned out, Im not sure why tho. Just Need a little advice at to why this is going on, because i dont think i can go on like this, hopefully its jsut my body geting use to this way of life hopefully
When I first started I felt really tired and my muscles felt really weak. Sometimes I'd walk from my desk to the restroom and wonder if I was going to make it back. It seemed to help that I made sure to get enough water in. I try to drink half my body weight in ounces of water. I also tried the liquid mineral and took those for a couple of weeks and that feeling seemed to pass. Not sure if it was the water, minerals or just my body getting used to this new eating pattern.
Rdy2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #7  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

I started my pre-conditioning on 4/9/09 and i honestly 'thought' I was hungry but am wondering now if it was just out of habit (time of day mostly) or emotional eating. I am down 5 lbs so far and go to my food instruction class on 4/24. I was rather crabby last friday/saturday and I'm wondering if it was due to withdrawals or something.

I'm a little nervous about starting the actual menu because I don't know what to except and what will be different from what I'm eating now. Can anybody enlighten me? I'm a nut and bought all sorts of pills to begin with, Cortitrim, All Day Weight Loss, Flax Oil, MRC-6, and MSM.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #8  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Everyone's different, but some people do feel tired the first few days - food is your body's fuel, and you're adjusting to a new "fuel mix". Truthfully, it's a better, healthier fuel mix, but your body wants those sugars & starches that it could process quickly. Essentially, you're going through sugar & starch withdrawal. Drink plenty of water, make sure you're eating all the food you're supposed to (don't cheat yourself) and usually in 3-5 days people make the adjustment and feel great. I know I personally feel much better and more energetic when I'm eating on plan.

Welcome to MRC & the board - stick with it & you'll see amazing results!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #9  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassant View Post
Hey there!
I am so excited to be apart of this online club. It is so encouraging to see others like me. When I joined MRC two years ago, i lost almost 30 lbs. in 2 1/2 months. This program really works. The inches were coming off fast also!
On the day I would be a little hungry, I would just add more veggies to my plate.
I wanted to know,
Would someone be willing to share with me the pre-conditioning menu with me?

Thanks...
[email protected]
All that they told me for the preconditioning was cut caffeine, lots of water, eat breakfast including some type of protein (she mentioned cheese or eggs) and eat 3 healthy meals a day oh yeah she also said start flax supplements and a multi vitamin. My preconditioning was only 4 days so I don't know if it would be different if you had a longer Pre-c.Hope that helps!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 166.5/136/136.5

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Sorry you aren't feeling well, BeBlissful, but I'm happy to see it's not only me. I just completed my 2nd day on the diet. I've had terrible headaches (probably from caffeine withdrawal), nausea and extreme fatigue. I don't remember this happening the first time I was on the diet. But, I'm hanging in there and staying as much on plan as possible. I'm sure it will improve as my body adjusts to the diet. Good luck to you.

I send wishes for everyone to have great weigh ins this week!!
txrose3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I do have a question, many posting here on 3FC, has rejoined MRC...can I ask why? What happened the first time and after your maintenance plan, was it easy for the weight to come back on? I know they say losing weight fast is not good for you, and you gain it all back plus more. Did this happen to you? Hope this wasn't too personal to ask....just trying to figure out what to do.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #12  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
I do have a question, many posting here on 3FC, has rejoined MRC...can I ask why? What happened the first time and after your maintenance plan, was it easy for the weight to come back on? I know they say losing weight fast is not good for you, and you gain it all back plus more. Did this happen to you? Hope this wasn't too personal to ask....just trying to figure out what to do.
Hi Fifties Lady and welcome! I have been doing this diet since January and started stabilization today. I was one of those that did the diet before and re-signed. I did MRC 3 years ago, lost 35 lbs and felt great, I didn't have the money to pay for maintenance and didn't even do stabilization then, I thought I knew enough to be able to keep the weight off on my own without paying out more money. I maintained my weight for about a year then I had stresses in my personal life that caused me to get on anti depressants and the weight slowly came back.....I gained back 30 lbs of the 35 lbs that I had lost in 2 years! I quit taking the medication about a year ago but just could not seem to lose any weight on my own. I decided to try MRC again just after the first of the year and have made a commitment to myself to do it right this time. I am going to do both stabilization and maintenance and I plan to keep the weight off for the rest of my life! So.....the key to success on this program is to follow through with all of it, the stabilization and the one year of maintenance, take advantage of the classes that are offered and please take advantage of the wonderful people at your center, you are paying for it so use it!

Good luck and stay strong....it's a journey but it is worth it, you are worth it!

Take care!

Mel
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #13  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

I am beginning MRC tomorrow..I go to my nutrition class today. This is my second attempt at MRC...this time I will stick with it!
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #14  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 299.6/200.6/140

Height: 5ft 2in

I rejoined because the first time I had a hysterectomy and stopped doing the plan while i was in the hospital and never got back on plan.
Trying2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #15  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
I an a newbie and the few people I've met at our center that are repeating the program all said the same thing. They didn't follow through with stabilization and the maintenance program, plus they didn't go to the classes. The two people in my class last night both said this time around they are doing the classes and they are learning a lot about themselves. I don't think it necessarily matters how fast you lose weight in keeping it off, I think it depends on what you have accomplished within yourself in not letting yourself go back to bad habits.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote