Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #1  

Question A few questions...

Hi all...newbie here!

I just transitioned from pre-conditioning to the actual diet yesterday. I'm on Meta-Slim Plus, Level 3, and the menu is white. I have a couple of quick questions.

1. Do the HNS drinks count towards your water intake?

2. In my Group 3 Proteins, the serving size is 6 oz. -- well, I've been having chicken breasts that are 4 oz. a piece. So I was wondering, is it bad to have less than the full serving size of 6 oz.? And if it's not okay to have less than the serving size, could I maybe eat 2 oz. of hard cheese to make up for those 2 oz.?

3. I can only visit my center once a week, for distance reasons, and they're okay with this. But I was wondering, will they require me to test for ketones on each weekly visit?

4. My breakfasts include protein and a starch. I usually have two scrambled eggs and a piece of Nature's Own 40 calorie sourdough bread. For the eggs, I use about half a Tbsp. of Canola oil to coat the pan...which is roughly 60 calories, I think. Is that allowed?

I'm so new to this...sorry if the questions are kinda obvious and dumb!

Thank you so much! If it weren't for this forum, I don't think I would feel as optimistic as I do about the journey I have ahead of me.
OmegaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJane View Post
Hi all...newbie here!

I just transitioned from pre-conditioning to the actual diet yesterday. I'm on Meta-Slim Plus, Level 3, and the menu is white. I have a couple of quick questions.

2. In my Group 3 Proteins, the serving size is 6 oz. -- well, I've been having chicken breasts that are 4 oz. a piece. So I was wondering, is it bad to have less than the full serving size of 6 oz.? And if it's not okay to have less than the serving size, could I maybe eat 2 oz. of hard cheese to make up for those 2 oz.?

3. I can only visit my center once a week, for distance reasons, and they're okay with this. But I was wondering, will they require me to test for ketones on each weekly visit?

4. My breakfasts include protein and a starch. I usually have two scrambled eggs and a piece of Nature's Own 40 calorie sourdough bread. For the eggs, I use about half a Tbsp. of Canola oil to coat the pan...which is roughly 60 calories, I think. Is that allowed?

Thank you so much! If it weren't for this forum, I don't think I would feel as optimistic as I do about the journey I have ahead of me.

Welcome!!! I'm so excited for you and the changes that are coming for you with your weight loss! Don't feel bad about asking questions. I had a ton when I started too!

1. the hns liquid does not count for your water

2. You should try to get the full 6 ozs. of protein at each meal. If you don't get enough protein, your body will lose too much lean muscle. You want to lose the fat not the lean muscle (your heart is a muscle). I was told not to mix proteins but I don't know that it really matters.

3. Each center is different with the ketone testing. My center did it for a while but hasn't tested me in probably 4 months. They'll tell you if you need to do it. I never tested positive anyway. They said some people never test positive. I was still losing though so it didn't matter.

4. I know they told us how much olive oil we can have a day but I'm not sure I remember the amount. For some reason, I think it was something like 2 tsps. I just spray my skillet with Pam so I don't have to worry about it.

Good luck and keep posting!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #3  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi all...newbie here!

No, they do not and neither does tea, crystal light, etc. If you get where you feel like you're having to choke down the fluids then cut back for that day. You can do yourself harm drinking too much water and I thinkt he extra8 oz per 25lbs you want to loose makes it TOOOO much.

Quote:
You can mix your groups so long as you do it proportionately. I started on the beige menu and my serving sizes were 3 oz of cheese or 2 eggs or 6 oz of any of the other groups. To add cheese, it's not an oz for an oz, it's an oz for a half oz. So to do 4 oz of chicken that's 2/3 of your portion so you need 1/3 more. 1/3 of the 3 oz of cheese wld be just ONE oz of cheese. Otherwise you cld have 2 oz of chicken, 2 oz of steak, 1 oz of cheese to make up one serving. Works with making tuna sandwich stuff too if you like cheese with it.

Quote:
They've never checked mine and I started in January.

Quote:
I use the butter flavored pam cooking spray for my eggs and it works WONDERFULLY. You're total oil allowance for the day is 2 tsp of olive oil and if you use olive oil on your salads *I use the Newman's Own olive oil and vinegar dressing cuz it has seasoning in it and it's MUCH BETTER than bland old olive oil and vinegar* then you have to count that as part of your 2 tsps per day. I don't remember canola oil being on the list.

Quote:

The only dumb question is one that isn't asked. If I hadn't asked all my dumb questions - I wldn't have any answers! I called them just this morning about the sucrets I'm eating like candy right now because I'm having an allergy cough attack. The sugar will screw me up and I thought maybe they'd know of an alternative that wld work on the plan so I asked. *they don't BTW*

Good Luck and glad to have you here!!!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote