Old 04-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #1  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default MRC-Veg plan

Does anyone know anything about MRC vegetarian plan and if you have had success on it?

Thanks
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

I have been on the vegetarian plan for a couple of months now. All I had been eating on the regular plan was chicken, so it was not that hard to switch over. You will probably like it better because you can eat pasta and rice, nuts, etc.

I did notice that my weight loss slowed down a little bit at first, and I was feeling hungry (something I didn't feel on the regular menu), but after a couple of weeks, everything kicked back in and I am back on track with the losing, so don't get discouraged.

I have also noticed that in the pre-packaged veggie burgers, dogs, bacon, etc. there is a lot more salt and fat, but the calories are lower. I just make sure and use a lot of tofu and use my group 2 every week (you get two serving for lunch and 2 servings for dinner once a week - yeah)!

I honestly don't think this diet is intended for vegetarians, but it does still seem to work as long as you are getting all of your protein and taking your supplements.

On a side note - my counselors didn't seem that knowledgeable about the vegetarian plan, so I contacted the corporate office via e-mail. What I didn't know was that they simply forward our e-mails to our center. So, now the people there think I kind of ratted them out. I would use this board for questions - there are a lot of people who have been where we are and have a lot of valuable information to share.

Good luck to you my fellow animal loving friend! : )
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #3  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryanncard View Post
I have been on the vegetarian plan for a couple of months now. All I had been eating on the regular plan was chicken, so it was not that hard to switch over. You will probably like it better because you can eat pasta and rice, nuts, etc.

I did notice that my weight loss slowed down a little bit at first, and I was feeling hungry (something I didn't feel on the regular menu), but after a couple of weeks, everything kicked back in and I am back on track with the losing, so don't get discouraged.

I have also noticed that in the pre-packaged veggie burgers, dogs, bacon, etc. there is a lot more salt and fat, but the calories are lower. I just make sure and use a lot of tofu and use my group 2 every week (you get two serving for lunch and 2 servings for dinner once a week - yeah)!

I honestly don't think this diet is intended for vegetarians, but it does still seem to work as long as you are getting all of your protein and taking your supplements.

On a side note - my counselors didn't seem that knowledgeable about the vegetarian plan, so I contacted the corporate office via e-mail. What I didn't know was that they simply forward our e-mails to our center. So, now the people there think I kind of ratted them out. I would use this board for questions - there are a lot of people who have been where we are and have a lot of valuable information to share.

Good luck to you my fellow animal loving friend! : )

I am not on the vegetarian menu (yet), but thinking of switching over. I have been a veg before but went back to meat. I just have alot of questions about this menu; What is in group 2? How much weight are you losing on the menu? Thanks and Good luck to you.

BTW There does not seem to be too many ppl on veg plan on the boards.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #4  
Lindsay

I went to my center today and I switched to the Veg plan. I know I am going to like is sooo much better. I am very excited.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

I am glad you are excited! The food options are great, aren't they?! : )

Yes, I noticed that not very many people on the boards are doing the vegetarian menu - but there are a few who are. And even though the others are not doing the same plan as we are, they offer so much support! And let's face it, this is not an easy program, and we can use all of the support we can get! : )

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how you are doing!
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote