Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #91  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Veggies are not a problem for me. I like broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, etc. Just have to make them tasty. My problem is caffiene and no salt. This is really hard. I bout some of the morton lite salt, it has less sodium than sea salt. I can deal with caffience free drinks but I have to have at least one cup of coffee in the morning to get me going. I think I good idea would be to have a cook day and cook a bunch of meat and veg for the week to make it easier.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #92  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Veggies are not a problem for me. I like broccoli, asparagus, cabbage, etc. Just have to make them tasty. My problem is caffiene and no salt. This is really hard. I bout some of the morton lite salt, it has less sodium than sea salt. I can deal with caffience free drinks but I have to have at least one cup of coffee in the morning to get me going. I think I good idea would be to have a cook day and cook a bunch of meat and veg for the week to make it easier.
That does sound like a good idea, Sun afternoon i tried to get it somewhat together.. Boy, you aren't kidding about the coffee, i can NOT give it up completely, but i have cut big time and am interspersing decaff. I tried asparagus last nite, i could eat the very tips (barely) but the stalks gagged me. (sigh)
Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

I am so discouraged, I have made it throught the weekend and I weighed myself this morning and was up a pound from Friday night. I am so upset, I just don't know what to do. I went in for WI on Friday and was the same as last Tuesday. Now I am up one pound, what is going on. I feel that as hard it is to stick to the program, I should see more results. HELP????????
Shine On, you have lost the most weight, did you ever have those moments? I mean one day is a struggle for me to stay on plan, so thinking of 50 lbs I have to lose, makes me wonder if I am ever going to make it there, but then I see people, like yourself, that have lost way over 100 lbs and just can't figure out why I can't. We went out to dinner last night and everyone was eating the yummy hot bread with butter, kettle chips, and even had dessert, and there I am just rotisserie chicken, asparagus and salad with no dressing and I hop on the scale today and I am up one pound, I can't take this......
Old 03-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #94  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
I am so discouraged, I have made it throught the weekend and I weighed myself this morning and was up a pound from Friday night. I am so upset, I just don't know what to do. I went in for WI on Friday and was the same as last Tuesday. Now I am up one pound, what is going on. I feel that as hard it is to stick to the program, I should see more results. HELP????????
Hey there Ms soon to be skinny!

Don't get discouraged! Go back and re-read the paperwork that you received when you started this program about plateaus. Here is the main part I want you to read: 'Weight loss is not a straight process, it resembles more of the stair step graph that is pictured on the paper. At the plateaus, or flat spots on the graph, you may even gain some weight...but this is cause for rejoicing! On the first part of the plan, your rapid weight loss is due partly to water loss as well as fat loss. After 7 - 10 days, you'll probably stop losing weight but THIS IS WHERE REAL FAT LOSS OCCURS! Your body begins to retain water to maintain the shape and configuration of its cells as fat is lost. Water is heavier than fat and so while your weight may remain stable or even increase your actually losing fat! As the water is maintaining the shape of your cells, fat is being lost from the cells.' We all hate when the scale is not moving but just remember you are losing inches even if the scale is not showing it! This is a trick that got me through my long 3 week plateau....I had a pair of jeans that were my favs from 3 years ago, I pulled them out of my closet and hung them behind my door. I would weigh and not lose an ounce, I would go to my room and try on the pants they are getting looser and looser every time I try them on. I still can't get them to button BUT they are not as snug as the first time I put them on a month ago. That tells me that even though I haven't lost much on the scale my body is smaller than it was a month ago. Try that and see if that doesn't help with your motivation!!

Please don't get discouraged and give up....you deserve to be healthy and happy and you will be! I have faith in you my friend!!

Take care! Mel
Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Default Newme2009

Thank you so much for your words I really needed that. I was feeling so down and you just picked me up and now I feel enough strenghth to continue. I know it is going to take time to lose the weight, and I know just like I did not gain it in one month, I cannot make it go away in one. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #96  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Wow...there sure are a lot of new people here, but I'm glad to see some of the "old timers" here, too.

I finally feel like I am back on it. I haven't been focused at all for about two months for a whole list of reasons...actually excuses. Luckily during that time I only gained back four pounds.

I have been perfectly OP for three days now and am back at my lowest MRC weight. I'm excited to get going again and finish up.

I still have a long way to go and realized that I need the accountability of checking in here every day.

I love the support I get here!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #97  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default The real deal

Ok, question:

Do all of you really give up all salt, caffience, gel toothpast, and mouthwash etc as they suggest at the centers? I fnd this really difficult and I like my mouthwash. I would think mouthwash would only add negligibel amounts of sugar or alcohol. As for caffience, I don't see how on cup a day could derail weightloss that much. Any feedback?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara415 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and MRC. I start pre-conditioning this Monday and then I attend the food class on Friday. My first week on their food plan starts March 30th. I'm excited and a little nervous as well!

I was curious if anyone had suggestions on which protein drink flavors to try the first week. They gave me a list of all the choices to choose from and it was a bit overwhelming.

Tara
Hi Tara! Welcome! It is exciting and confusing the first week on program but after it becomes natural. You will do fine! I was nervous at first, but when I started losing...it went away. Keep in contact with the center and try to attend connections classes. That has helped me tremendously!

As far as the drinks, I love the Grape, Grapefruit, Wild Berry Passion (Hawiian Punch), Chicken Bouillion (makes me feel like I am having soup) and Creamy Tomato (to cook with only). Good Luck and Welcome
Old 03-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Wow...there sure are a lot of new people here, but I'm glad to see some of the "old timers" here, too.

I finally feel like I am back on it. I haven't been focused at all for about two months for a whole list of reasons...actually excuses. Luckily during that time I only gained back four pounds.

I have been perfectly OP for three days now and am back at my lowest MRC weight. I'm excited to get going again and finish up.

I still have a long way to go and realized that I need the accountability of checking in here every day.

I am glad to see you are back on track! I think that is pretty good for falling off the wagon and only gaining 4 pounds. It took every ounce of strength that I had today not to totally binge eat where I could have gained that in a day!!! Keep checking back with us! We miss you when you are not here!
I
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hey there Ms soon to be skinny!

Don't get discouraged! Go back and re-read the paperwork that you received when you started this program about plateaus. Here is the main part I want you to read: 'Weight loss is not a straight process, it resembles more of the stair step graph that is pictured on the paper. At the plateaus, or flat spots on the graph, you may even gain some weight...but this is cause for rejoicing! On the first part of the plan, your rapid weight loss is due partly to water loss as well as fat loss. After 7 - 10 days, you'll probably stop losing weight but THIS IS WHERE REAL FAT LOSS OCCURS! Your body begins to retain water to maintain the shape and configuration of its cells as fat is lost. Water is heavier than fat and so while your weight may remain stable or even increase your actually losing fat! As the water is maintaining the shape of your cells, fat is being lost from the cells.' We all hate when the scale is not moving but just remember you are losing inches even if the scale is not showing it! This is a trick that got me through my long 3 week plateau....I had a pair of jeans that were my favs from 3 years ago, I pulled them out of my closet and hung them behind my door. I would weigh and not lose an ounce, I would go to my room and try on the pants they are getting looser and looser every time I try them on. I still can't get them to button BUT they are not as snug as the first time I put them on a month ago. That tells me that even though I haven't lost much on the scale my body is smaller than it was a month ago. Try that and see if that doesn't help with your motivation!!

Please don't get discouraged and give up....you deserve to be healthy and happy and you will be! I have faith in you my friend!!

Take care! Mel
I am so glad you wrote this today, because I really needed it! After feeling really sick on Friday, I weighed in a home and my scales showed a 5 lb loss...of course I knew it was due to feeling sick. Sunday morning I had gained 3 of it back, then my official WI this morning I had actually gained a pound since Fri morning. I have been feeling really down in the dumps, I have PMS and I am craving fast food so much! Today has been the hardest day on MRC so far...beating out Christmas, dinner parties at my house, and nights out with friends. I seriously can not stop thinking about bad food today...and binge eating...which has always been my addiction. On my way home from work I actually called a friend on my cell (which I hate talking on the phone while driving) so I wouldn't stop to get fast food. Im so tired and grumpy and some days are way to long!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #101  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
I am so glad you wrote this today, because I really needed it! After feeling really sick on Friday, I weighed in a home and my scales showed a 5 lb loss...of course I knew it was due to feeling sick. Sunday morning I had gained 3 of it back, then my official WI this morning I had actually gained a pound since Fri morning. I have been feeling really down in the dumps, I have PMS and I am craving fast food so much! Today has been the hardest day on MRC so far...beating out Christmas, dinner parties at my house, and nights out with friends. I seriously can not stop thinking about bad food today...and binge eating...which has always been my addiction. On my way home from work I actually called a friend on my cell (which I hate talking on the phone while driving) so I wouldn't stop to get fast food. Im so tired and grumpy and some days are way to long!!!
Hi Bonnie!

Girl, we all have those days! Just remember that it is not worth it to binge eat and do that to yourself. Look back at all that you have accomplished in the last few months....YOU and no one else! You are strong and you can resist those urges! Since you are craving bad stuff give yourself a good treat like a double chocolate creamie pudding or my favorite a lemon chiffon pudding, have a steak for dinner or something different that would seem like a treat but on program. You are doing great and will continue to do great, it is probably one of those darn plateaus! Do something for you today.....just because you are special and you deserve it!!

Sending you hugs and I know you will do the right thing! Keep up the great work my friend! You are a success!!!

Mel
Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #102  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi everyone! I am new here and new to MRC as well. I just finished precondidtioning and started the beige menu today. Looking for support, advice etc. Also can anyone tell me where to get the weight tracker signature at? I started at 252 about a year ago and lost to 212 counting calories. I am now doing MRC and down to 208 as of last weigh in.
Welcome - I'm glad you found us!

Quote:
Shine On, you have lost the most weight, did you ever have those moments? I mean one day is a struggle for me to stay on plan, so thinking of 50 lbs I have to lose, makes me wonder if I am ever going to make it there, but then I see people, like yourself, that have lost way over 100 lbs and just can't figure out why I can't. We went out to dinner last night and everyone was eating the yummy hot bread with butter, kettle chips, and even had dessert, and there I am just rotisserie chicken, asparagus and salad with no dressing and I hop on the scale today and I am up one pound, I can't take this......
Oh boy, I had a lot of those moments. And a lot of long plateau's. I did catch one thing in your post - when you went out to dinner. A lot of times, there are hidden calories and sodium in the meals you eat out. You may think your getting something healthy & the butter they spritz or inject while cooking could add several HUNDRED hidden calories. Try not to focus on the big picture - that would always mess with my head. Just concentrate and what you can control at each meal. I have had 3 week plateau's before, and eratic losses. But it all adds up in the end. You CAN do this! Just enjoy each meal. One step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post

I'm glad to see you back on board!! I floundered a lot in the middle of the process. I blew an entire re-sign period and stayed the same. Once you've mentally committed, your body will follow. Welcome to the 2nd half!!

Quote:
Ok, question:

Do all of you really give up all salt, caffience, gel toothpast, and mouthwash etc as they suggest at the centers? I fnd this really difficult and I like my mouthwash. I would think mouthwash would only add negligibel amounts of sugar or alcohol. As for caffience, I don't see how on cup a day could derail weightloss that much. Any feedback?
Yes, I really did. Now I did give up a pot of coffee a day habit over my pre-conditioning week - cold turkey, but I used alcohol to do it NOT recommended, but we were camping and it was so I wouldn't hurt anyone! I do use sea salt, and it has never slowed me down. I actually prefer it now and don't use any regular salt. Paste toothpaste, no mouthwash, etc . . . I didn't want to chance having anything slow me up. It was hard enough when you follow the plan.

Quote:
What are you craving? You could make something up that is a mock version. Try pan frying a tortilla with butter flavored pam, a smidge of sea salt and garlic pepper - at the end, fold it over and you have a soft taco/chupulla. Or a juicy bison mushroom buger hits the spot for me. Grilled zuchunni chips. Home made salsa and a great taco salad, etc . . . Just get creative and stay OP. Of course, you are PMSing - so I'm sure you want to reach through the screen and slap me! Have a cup of hot chocolate instead!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #103  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
This sounds like my last two months...I can assure you it is not worth it!!

Hang in there...just get through today. Easier said than done. Make mini goals if you have to...things like...I will drink X ounces of water before dinner...I will eat dinner on plan...I will drink X ounces of water this evening. Whatever works for you. That is what I have needed to do to get back OP.

Keep checking in!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
I sure need some advice, please. I do not really like very many veggies.. I like green beans, lettuce, most peas and beans (and of course corn and potatoes-a no no). I am struggling big time to learn to tolerate some other ones. Can anyone else relate,and have you come up with any other solutions??
Yes.....that has been a struggle for me too. I am very picky. The only veggies I will eat raw are lettuce, green onion and red pepper (which we can't have). I only eat some veggies cooked like green beans, broccoli and squash. I've given up trying to eat the raw veggies on the diet because 8 ozs of lettuce is just too much. Thankfully, I love the Cream of Broccoli and Cheese soup so I eat that 3 times a week for lunch. I usually just alternate between broccoli and green beans with my dinner and occasionaly I'll have some squash (my least favorite). It is very repetitive but I just keep telling myself that I don't have too much longer and I choke them down. Try spicing the ones you do like up to make them taste a little different. I've started adding some onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper to my green beans and that helps a lot too. Good luck and keep on keepin on!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
I agree with ShineOn.....everytime I've eaten out, even if I stayed on program, I gained. Rotisserie chicken is loaded with salt and would definitely cause you to hold fluid! Times like that I just tell myself that there is no way I could have gained X lbs. of fat from eating chicken, salad & veggies.

As for the plateau, I'm right there with you! I 've only lost 1/2 lb. in the last week & a half or so. It is hard not to get discouraged when you're staying on plan and not losing on the scale. That's what we're here for...to help you through those times. I would also go back to my list that I made when I first started MRC to remind myself why I'm doing this (ie wanting to wear shorts, to not be in plus size clothes, to be able to sit on my husband's lap, etc.) and that would usually get me through. Hang in there and you'll see that loss on the scale soon!! Keep on keepin on
Closed Thread