Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #46  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelish View Post
Hi all! I have been off the wagon for quite a while and need to get back on. I thought I was going to restart at Thanksgiving, but ended up overwhelmed by other things and went back to my emotional eating ways. But I am on the road back and this is my first stop!!

Any advice about restarting???

Shannon, I see that you are back too, how is it going!

Hugs to the MRC family!
Alisha
Hugs right back to you!!! I'm glad to see you back.

So, advice.....? Just think back to what got you in the door to begin with and focus on that. Remember how wonderful that first loss felt and how wonderufl it will feel again! Start now. And know that you are the most important person in your life, so take care of yourself.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #47  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
I am so disgusted with myself. I was hoping to sign the 10 lb. board today. All I had to lose was .5 of a pound. One half hour before driving to the center I drank my HNS in a 16 oz. bottle of water and topped that with another 16 oz. bottle of water. I wasn't thinking. As a result, I showed no weight loss! On my scale I had lost at least 1 lb. Now, I'm going to wonder all weekend if I really did lose weight. On a good note, the lady at the center measured me, and I lost 14 inches.
Look at those inches lost! Focus on that!!! It's wonderful. And, that water weight is just that.... If you want, go back tomorrow and re-weigh if that will give you what you need.... I did that before; it was like... "see, it was just water weight". It's what works for you.... what will get you through. But try not to stress over that. You didn't eat off plan, you just drank some darn water before weigh in.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #48  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasmama View Post
I just posted last night about this plateau that I was on for about 2 weeks... I finally broke through it today! I weighed (at least on my scale) 2.8 pounds less than yesterday!

I know I shouldn't weigh as often as I do, but it does help with my motivation. Plus, I am out of town during the week and can only weigh in on the weekends and it helps me to stay on track.

PLUS, I had a major NSV today-- my DH called to let me know that he had a friend coming over and asked if it was ok if we had an "off day" for our diets (he's not doing MRC, but he is trying to eat healthy) I flat out said you and your friend are welcome to eat whatever, but I will stick to my plan- I didn't see a drop today just to see it back up tomorrow because of eating off plan. In the past I never would have said that, but I know my health and all that entails is worth more than whatever take out they might want. I also was able to walk right by the candy in Walmart with only a little urge to get some-- instead I got a bottle of water and looked forward to my dinner tonight!

I just had to share- it is nice to start to feel like I am gaining some control over my eating habits, and to see the scale down... WOOHOO!!
Congratulation on breaking through the plateau adn the NSV!!! Wonderful!

I always thought of plateaus as our bodies way of seeing how serious we were about this weight loss thing.... how bad do we want it? So, I took it as a challenge and it always changed my perspective on plateaus. Don't know if that makes sense or not.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #49  

Welcome back Lish! Congratulations on you friends who have broken through your plateau --- I'm in the middle of a 2-week long one and it is frustrating -- but I know (in my logical mind anyway) that just working through it is the best thing ... there will be a drop eventually.

I'm one of those who never took the supplements after the first month (I bought the intro package) and saw no change in the rate of loss. Everyone is different.

We're having a weekend in the mid to high 70's here, so we are having an backyard BBQ, so that will be fun and easy to stick to plan on -- fresh veggies, grilled meat -- yum!!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #50  
Janett41

S/C/G: 263/256/192

Height: 5'6"

YEA! I will complete conditioning today and begin on the beige menu in the morning. I lost 5 LBS since Monday!! So psyched!. Reading all your posts is very inspiring and one of the incentives for me, it to get me a cute little sliding scale at the bottom in 30 days!!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #51  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Welcome back Lish! Congratulations on you friends who have broken through your plateau --- I'm in the middle of a 2-week long one and it is frustrating -- but I know (in my logical mind anyway) that just working through it is the best thing ... there will be a drop eventually.

I'm one of those who never took the supplements after the first month (I bought the intro package) and saw no change in the rate of loss. Everyone is different.

We're having a weekend in the mid to high 70's here, so we are having an backyard BBQ, so that will be fun and easy to stick to plan on -- fresh veggies, grilled meat -- yum!!

Isn't this weather wonderful! I'm ready for the weekend!!!! whoa!~
Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

woo hoo! im down 3.5 pounds this week! I did the meta-quick all week, but the scales didn't move until this morning at weigh-in! I am so close to being under 200 pounds!!! They also moved me to the green menu!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #53  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

congrats to everyone on your victories this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Round View Post
Greetings, I am on MRC for the 2nd time around. I am on the MetaSlim Plus Plan. Does anyone know whether you can mix Group 1 and 3 foods during lunch time? For example, I made stuffed bell peppers with 3 ounces of turkey breast and 1.5 ounces of cheese. I asked 3 people who work at my center and each person that worked there had a different answer.
I was told you can split what you're supposed to have at each meal between the groups of different proteins of the same group so long as you do the math right. Can't have group 2 at lunch and can't have group 1 at dinner so the cheese at dinner doesn't work but it should work fine for lunch. I got that from the food lady. The ladies are good about going and asking if it's a weird question at my center. i admit to doing that though, having my red meat at lunch if i'm eating out with my BF after church on sundays some times. it hasn't really affected my loss that i can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
woo hoo! im down 3.5 pounds this week! I did the meta-quick all week, but the scales didn't move until this morning at weigh-in! I am so close to being under 200 pounds!!! They also moved me to the green menu!
i'm at 202.5 and they still haven't moved me to the green menu and i even commented last night on how i felt like i was slowing down even though my avg is still showing like 3. something per week. they're monkey math is why the avg isn't correct and i've pointed that out to all of them but that's how they figure it apparently at every center. they do it that way to make their numbers look better and encourage you at the beginning but i think it can lead to more discouragement later on when you appear to be slowing down more than you really are.

for instance, if i figure from yesterday the 27.5 at the menu days of 67 it's 2.87 per week (i don't know where they're getting 3.something) but if i add the 12 days before that of preconditioning *lost 6 on preconditioning* to make it 79 days since i signed up i'm averaging 2.45 per week. those numbers will get closer and closer together as the time passes but at the beginning it looks like you're losing SO fast and then as the days they don't add into your avg make less and less of an impact on your avg you start seeing the true numbers. then they try to make you feel guilty for the slow down by playing 20 questions with you... *sigh*
Old 03-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #54  
Denise

Quote:
Great job!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by janett41 View Post
YEA! I will complete conditioning today and begin on the beige menu in the morning. I lost 5 LBS since Monday!! So psyched!. Reading all your posts is very inspiring and one of the incentives for me, it to get me a cute little sliding scale at the bottom in 30 days!!
Great job on the 5 lbs!! I love the enthusiasm in your post! Those first couple of weeks are awesome when you lose those big amounts! Keep coming back and reading. It really does help you stay inspired!

Quote:
3.5 is great!! I saw a big drop when I moved to the green menu. I think I lost 6 lbs. the first week I switched. I could use another one of those right now! That's such a huge milestone to hit that 199 mark! You'll be there soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post

i'm at 202.5 and they still haven't moved me to the green menu and i even commented last night on how i felt like i was slowing down even though my avg is still showing like 3. something per week. they're monkey math is why the avg isn't correct and i've pointed that out to all of them but that's how they figure it apparently at every center. they do it that way to make their numbers look better and encourage you at the beginning but i think it can lead to more discouragement later on when you appear to be slowing down more than you really are.

for instance, if i figure from yesterday the 27.5 at the menu days of 67 it's 2.87 per week (i don't know where they're getting 3.something) but if i add the 12 days before that of preconditioning *lost 6 on preconditioning* to make it 79 days since i signed up i'm averaging 2.45 per week. those numbers will get closer and closer together as the time passes but at the beginning it looks like you're losing SO fast and then as the days they don't add into your avg make less and less of an impact on your avg you start seeing the true numbers. then they try to make you feel guilty for the slow down by playing 20 questions with you... *sigh*
I asked to be moved to the green menu when I was around 210 because my loss had really slowed down. The consultant I had needed to talk to the manager but after she did they agreed to do it a little early for me. Of course I probably wouldn't have pushed so hard had I known you only get cheese 3 times a week at lunch!! I love my Cheese and Broccoli soup but I can only have it 3 times a week now Don't worry about your average so much. You're consistently going down and that's the important thing. I've only averaged about 2.5lbs/week for a long time. I figure that's still 5 lbs. every 2 weeks and 10lbs. a month. Before MRC I was lucky to lose 4lbs a month! As long as you're doing what your supposed to be doing and staying on plan, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Awesome NSV today.....Gina (ShineOn) and I ran 5 miles together today!!! I don't think either of us thought we could do it and were prepared to stop if we had to but we just kept truckin along! She's so nice to talk to that the time just flies! I've never run over 3 miles in my life so I was pretty happy!!

I also got to sign the 70lb. board today! Unfortunately I only lost .5 lb. this week but it was enough to hit 70 lbs. anyway. I'm sure I've hit a plateau so hopefully next week I'll show a drop. I'm so close to stabilization but I'm not quite where I want to be yet. At least the end is in sight!!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:17 PM   #57  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Alisha!!! It’s great to see you back, I’ve been wondering how you’ve been doing. Just jump back in and follow the program. My body responded really fast after my couple month break.
You’re off to a great start janett41! Can hardly wait until we can see your ticker.
Great job Bonnie!!! One-der-land is fabulous – you’ll love it!

Got to run with KeepinOnandOn today - we did 5.2 miles!!! Thank you Rocki for starting that couch to 5k challenge. It amazes me to think back to Jan. the 60 second run was ok, but the 3 min runs the 2 or 3rd week was a killer. I didn't think I would ever be able to complete the program. Today we ran 53 minutes without stopping!! and we are training for a 10k - part of the Lincoln marathon in May. Since we started the 5k training at the same time, our pace and stride is very natural together. As we were nearing the end of our route, we were both amazed that cardio wise, we were both fine. We were able to carry on an easy conversation without being winded. If my legs hadn't felt like jelly, I think I could have easily ran much farther! Having a running partner makes the run so nice. We headed into the MRC center to stretch out on their mats and it felt so good to reflect back on how far we've come.

CONGRATULATIONS KeepinOnandOn for signing the 70 lb board today!!! YOU ROCK!! :

Last edited by ShineOn; 03-20-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #58  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Default Congratulations to everyone!

Wow! I come on here today to catch up, been MIA for a few days and I am just so inspired by reading everyone's progress! I went to WI on Wednesday and I lost 3.5 lbs since last Friday! I am so excited! I am in the 160's and it feels wonderful! I saw my brother today, he lives out of town and I had not seen him since Christmas, he walked in my mom's house and did a double take! He noticed my weight loss right away...I feel amazing! I just wanted to let you all know how I am doing and wanted to say to everyone that your words on this board are very inspiring and have helped me so much! Thank you and Good Luck to all of you! Keep up the great work, don't get discouraged!

My plateau lasted 3 weeks but I battled through and anyone stuck in one just remember that when it is finally over you will lose big!!

Mel
Old 03-20-2009, 04:18 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

I just wanted to share with everyone that I tried the apple chips and were amazing. I sprinkled cinnamon and splenda and even my DH and son loved them. I also tried the mock ranch dressing and could not taste a difference from the original. I was so sick and tired of just vinager and olive oil for salads, but now, i am saved of boredom for a while.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 319/286/200

Height: 5'4"

I am having that same problem with the a plateau I go back in tomorrow and they are putting me on a plateau breaker.... not sure what that is but will let you know when I find out...

Last edited by annie9877; 03-20-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Closed Thread