Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #16  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Okay, so it was a great return visit to the "MeRCy" Center this morning. They're giving me a free month and were uber encouraging about losing weight for my wedding. We did measurements and it was good to see that, although I've backslid, I'm sure not back to where I was in October, 2007. I've just had my first MRC lunch (again) and supplements and am feeling really hopeful. One hitch: Our center no longer is getting chicken boullion HNS. Are you guys getting it? It was my fave.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #17  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
Okay, so it was a great return visit to the "MeRCy" Center this morning. They're giving me a free month and were uber encouraging about losing weight for my wedding. We did measurements and it was good to see that, although I've backslid, I'm sure not back to where I was in October, 2007. I've just had my first MRC lunch (again) and supplements and am feeling really hopeful. One hitch: Our center no longer is getting chicken boullion HNS. Are you guys getting it? It was my fave.
Texdoc: I don't believe mine has it anymore either--I think they said it was not the center but they couldn't get it period.
Good on you for going back in--I know exactly how difficult that is to do. As for me, I found the second time around to be easier. I didn't question things as much and just did the program. And it worked!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #18  

Welcome back texdoc!! Congratulations on the wedding -- I remember when you first fell in love --- ahhhhhhhhhh! I'm right there with you and Meemo --- I got discouraged last spring when I had my lab results done after losing 51# and my cholesterol (which had never been a problem, even when heavier) was sky high (for me). I just let things slide and gradually gained back about half also -- but like Meemo, I had to say STOP --- you have no clothes to wear!! Yikes! Also, the reason I joined in the first place was that I had just had both of my hips replaced and losing the weight made the pain so much more bearable, and gaining some of it back put more pressure on my joints -- not a good thing. I'm trying to postpone the knee replacements for a few years, and if I get the weight off, I have a shot at that. It goes a little slower for me because I can't exercise as much as I would like to anymore, but it still works!!

So, after a few false-starts, I'm feeling pretty good -- have been back on for 1-1/2 weeks and though the weight loss has been slower than before, I know my body is adjusting and I will have a more noticeable effect soon. I'm not going to the center (and that's better for me -- the timing for me was difficult and the stress of worrying when I didn't get there in a week made it harder for me), I buy my HNS on-line, and follow things carefully. In just the 1-1/2 weeks I feel soooooooo much better -- the heartburn I was suffering again is gone and my skin has better color.

Regarding supplements -- I took a few when I first joined, but when they were gone, I never bought more and I didn't notice any difference at all. I take a Sam's multi-vitamin (for old folks -- lol) and Sam's flaxseed oil, I also take calcium and MSM for my arthritis (not program related).

That's the official update for me ... happy to see all of the new people and the old friends!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #19  

Okay you MRC pundits!!- What exactly is the pre-conditioning phase? Do you start right away?

You are all so inspiring!!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #20  
texdoc2001

dkmd27: Thanks for the welcome back and encouragement! Dang, there are a lot of us repeat offenders around, but I guess that's not a bad thing. In fact, maybe we'll be able to offer even better support to each other this time. I was feeling really optimistic when I bought my wedding dress online in a 1X but it fits right now like sausage casing. I asked the person I bought it from if I could exchange it for a 2X, but my MRC consultant today said DO NOT EXCHANGE THE DRESS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Thoughts???
Old 02-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Welcome back! Our center is out of chicken boullion also. They told us it would come in by the end of February. They said there was some production problem but that we would be getting it again. I'm missing my chicken & veggie soup I made with it! One of the consultants told me that I could use 1/2 of a cream of chicken for my soup and not count it as a creamy. Haven't tried it yet but at least I have an idea of what to do if I'm in the mood for the soup.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #22  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I miss the chicken bouillon too, especially this time of year - when I weighed in yesterday there was a sign at the desk saying that they basically don't know if or when it will be available again. (Maybe they got tired of people asking for it!) I'm using the cream of chicken instead to make "stoup" (stew/soup for those who don't watch Rachael Ray). I don't do a lot of creamies anyway.
Sounds like you're ready to get back down to it - yay!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #23  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Chicken boullion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I miss the chicken bouillon too, especially this time of year - when I weighed in yesterday there was a sign at the desk saying that they basically don't know if or when it will be available again. (Maybe they got tired of people asking for it!) I'm using the cream of chicken instead to make "stoup" (stew/soup for those who don't watch Rachael Ray). I don't do a lot of creamies anyway.
Sounds like you're ready to get back down to it - yay!
This is the site I order from and they have the chicken boullion for $9.95 a box.
http://www.nashuanutrition.com
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #24  
texdoc2001

Clanori!!! You are a goddess!!! Thanks for the website--I think this is the real deal and I will order tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #25  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

they said at my center they're not counting on getting the boullion because of the production problem. they think it may be discontinued. wldn't make sense for the manufacturer if that's one of the best selling ones which from what i've read/heard it seems to be but companies don't always make smart decisions. they're probably stuck in customs in china or something stupid like that j/k

i haven't tried cooking with the hns's except for the chili and i needed more than one of the tomato soup ones cuz i like tomatoey chili.... i have actual real chicken/beef/& turkey stock in my freezer and after taking the grease off them i freeze them in portions and use them to cook veggies for a kind of soup. i prefer natural anyway to all the chemicals in their stuff. can't get away from the hns's completely but i haven't had any ill effects from eating dark and white meat turkey 1/2 & 1/2 or using the real broth. i know there's no added salt in it cuz i didn't add any unlike what you find in the can. *shrug*
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

Argh! I'm so bummed! I weighed in today and was only down 1 pound. I was really hoping for something more in the 2-3 pound range. It's so difficult not to get discouraged.

As far as the wedding dress goes...when is your wedding? I worked in a bridal shop in college, so I'm always of the mindset that you get the dress that fits you now, and have it taken in a couple of weeks before the big day. You can always take in a dress, but you can't add material. Did I follow my own advice when I got married? No. I got a bridal size 12 (which is like a 'normal' size 8/10) that was nowhere near fitting me. I had 7 months, and lost 20 pounds, but not nearly enough to fit my then size 16 self into that dress. It took a very talented seamstress, a few hundred dollars and a minor miracle (involving using the shawl/wrap that came with the dress as extra material to add to the side seams) to get the dress to fit. It looked amazing and was truly the dress of my dreams, but I really really really should have just gotten what fit and had it taken in. The last thing a bride to be needs is to add the stress of fitting into the one size too small wedding dress!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #27  
texdoc2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessa555 View Post
Argh! I'm so bummed! I weighed in today and was only down 1 pound. I was really hoping for something more in the 2-3 pound range. It's so difficult not to get discouraged.

As far as the wedding dress goes...when is your wedding? I worked in a bridal shop in college, so I'm always of the mindset that you get the dress that fits you now, and have it taken in a couple of weeks before the big day. You can always take in a dress, but you can't add material. Did I follow my own advice when I got married? No. I got a bridal size 12 (which is like a 'normal' size 8/10) that was nowhere near fitting me. I had 7 months, and lost 20 pounds, but not nearly enough to fit my then size 16 self into that dress. It took a very talented seamstress, a few hundred dollars and a minor miracle (involving using the shawl/wrap that came with the dress as extra material to add to the side seams) to get the dress to fit. It looked amazing and was truly the dress of my dreams, but I really really really should have just gotten what fit and had it taken in. The last thing a bride to be needs is to add the stress of fitting into the one size too small wedding dress!

My experience, doing this before, is that you can't get too focused on days when you're only down one pound. One pound is still one pound--a fistful of fat! Generally, a bigger loss follows.

Your advice is well-taken and I'm considering it. The wedding is May 30 and the dress is a shift style (actually, it's a Titanic-era tea dress and just so pretty!) If I'm down 20 pounds, it should be fine as it's not really fitted. I think I'm going to go for it (although my Sam said, "Just check with the person you bought it from to see what the last possible day would be to exchange it."--also good advice. Anyway, thanks for thinking about it. I'm so glad that you felt gorgeous on your own special day!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #28  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

After four straight weeks of not feeling well I am FINALLY back amongst the living! I managed to stay close to plan the entire time, but was taking so much medication that I think I only lost four pounds in the month of January. My center was very sympathetic about it.

I did get my TANITA done and I was down 4.5 pounds of fat from the previous month. I got my 62" ribbon for inches lost and it makes me smile. That's a lot of inches since August 1st.

I think that you are all doing FABULOUS...
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #29  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Clanori!!! You are a goddess!!! Thanks for the website--I think this is the real deal and I will order tomorrow.
You are very welcome.It tastes wonderful.I love having a cup of the chicken bouillon to warm up with.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #30  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

I always enjoy hearing how everyone is doing, ups and downs, since that seems to be what life consists of!

Question: I am having foot surgery next week. In my pre-op appt., I told the doctor I'm seriously losing weight (should hit the 20 pound board tomorrow). He said, "don't restrict your calories a lot after your surgery. Your body needs extra caloriese to heal." I'm struglling so hard to lose weight, and I am not yet at my goal, so I'm scared to death that I'll gain during my six weeks of limited mobility, no exercise, just sitting around.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Closed Thread