Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #1  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Default Loving My MRC

Hello to everyone, it is great meeting so many people on the MRC program. I started on January 2nd and have already lost 15 pounds, I have 48 left to go. I know its expensive, but the reason I got so heavy was because I was eating out alot of fast food during my lunch hour and evening because I didn't want to mess with cooking. Sooooo, I redirected my funds to the center instead of the drive thru. Apparently it is working pretty good for me. I started on the Beige Menu and have progressed to the Green Menu when I managed to get under 200 pounds. Man that was a fantastic feeling!
Anyway, I have started exercising this week as well, it has certianly put a little kick in my weight loss. Guess I am off here for now, hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Huggers
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Hello to everyone, it is great meeting so many people on the MRC program. I started on January 2nd and have already lost 15 pounds, I have 48 left to go. I know its expensive, but the reason I got so heavy was because I was eating out alot of fast food during my lunch hour and evening because I didn't want to mess with cooking. Sooooo, I redirected my funds to the center instead of the drive thru. Apparently it is working pretty good for me. I started on the Beige Menu and have progressed to the Green Menu when I managed to get under 200 pounds. Man that was a fantastic feeling!
Anyway, I have started exercising this week as well, it has certianly put a little kick in my weight loss. Guess I am off here for now, hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Huggers
Welcome, Shannon, and congrats on such a great start!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

Red face

Shannon, congrats on ur success and welcome to the MRC diet! I have been on the program since November and I have only lost 13 pounds. My fat is stuborn, lol! Keep up the good work. I am actually finding a lot of motivation here. Good luck,

Renee
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #4  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

welcome! i started preconditioning dec 31st and as of my last WI *last thursday* i was down 11 total. i can already see a difference in my shirts and i've had go back to the bra's i used to wear a few years ago. *this is when it's good to be a packrat!!* i'm looking forward to making it below 200 as well and have every intention of doing pilates *low impact on my bum knee* but haven't managed to get motivated enough for that yet. especially since just the menu is working SO WELL. besides, i think i wanna keep that in my arsenal of things to use when i hit a plateau....
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #5  
Jamaica Bound

Boy, I love all the support on here!!! I have tried every diet before an managed to give up because the loss was so slow. I have followed this diet so close its not funny. But I sure do hate that I had to give up my chinese food, I love fried rice. I sure wish they would come up with a good substitute for that like they did for spaghetti when they come up with spaghetti squash. I love to steam the squash, sautee some tomatoes, garlic & fresh basil, put it over it and its great. I guess you have to give up a few things to get something good, they always say nothing is for free. I was also tickled to find the MRC thread, just knowing so many people are on the same program helps me alot. How often does everyone go weigh in? They have me going in twice a week, I am having a tough time with this because it seems when I have to go in the middle of week in the evening since I work during the day that I really don't lose much or it might just be a 1/2 pound I get discouraged. They told me some people only go once a week. Are any of ya'll only going once a week too? I seem to lose my weight on Saturday morning when I go in. Makes me feel better when I do it on the weekend. Anyway, I have to go today and we will see how I do!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #6  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Boy, I love all the support on here!!! I have tried every diet before an managed to give up because the loss was so slow. I have followed this diet so close its not funny. But I sure do hate that I had to give up my chinese food, I love fried rice. I sure wish they would come up with a good substitute for that like they did for spaghetti when they come up with spaghetti squash. I love to steam the squash, sautee some tomatoes, garlic & fresh basil, put it over it and its great. I guess you have to give up a few things to get something good, they always say nothing is for free. I was also tickled to find the MRC thread, just knowing so many people are on the same program helps me alot. How often does everyone go weigh in? They have me going in twice a week, I am having a tough time with this because it seems when I have to go in the middle of week in the evening since I work during the day that I really don't lose much or it might just be a 1/2 pound I get discouraged. They told me some people only go once a week. Are any of ya'll only going once a week too? I seem to lose my weight on Saturday morning when I go in. Makes me feel better when I do it on the weekend. Anyway, I have to go today and we will see how I do!!!
Shannon, I've always been a once-a-week person - and you're right, the time of day does make a difference. So do the clothes you're wearing. Just remember that any downward progress is good! And if you'd rather only go in on Saturdays, and can do well through the week, then do that.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #7  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

i'm that way too.. i'd rather go in the mornings before eating a bunch of stuff but the way i see it is if i'm consistent in the times, ALWAYS in the evenings, then my results should still be consistent. i bet the reason you're showing the bigger loss is because you're going in before you've eaten two meals for the day on saturdays and after on the week day. you're only showing that half lb on the weekday because of the meals you've eaten that day that you hadn't had before WI on saturday. i'd bet money on it. you're still loosing but hearing a half lb doesn't feel as awesome as hearing 2 or more. i'm with meemo - i'd try just saturdays too *i'm not motivated enough to get up on saturday mornings or even leave the house after i go home after work so i'm stuck in my times*

good luck!
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/149

Height: 5'7

Quote:

i've been going twice a week since I started (only been a month) I find I need the encouragement and seem to stick with it a little bit better when I go twice...I try to go first thing when they open 9:00...they are right around the corner from where I work, so it is convienent to take a little break from work and go weigh in. The other day I didn't get there until after lunch and I was up 3 lbs that day which was discouraging so I don't think I will go in again so late in the day, just wait for the next day.
floridagirl1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #9  
Jamaica Bound

Default Once A Weeker

I went on Wednesday and gained a pound. I went this morning and lost 2 pounds, which means I had a pound loss for the week. I will admit, I was very discouraged on Wednesday, I even went and ate chinese food. I spoke with my consultant this morning and decided I am going to try once a week for 2 weeks and see how I do. I admitted that I got very discouraged and she said that is the last thing MRC wants people to do, so trying once a week is something i should do! We will see how it goes next Saturday. My goal is to lose 20 pounds total by Valentines, which gives me 2 weeks to lose 4 pounds, hope my theory works for me so I can hit that goal! Huggers to everyone, hope you have a fantastic next week!!!