Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
You guys are doing great!!! I can't wait to join you on the program. I'm starting Monday and was wondering what speed I should be running at. I know height plays a part in our stride but it looks like you both are around 5 or a little under. I guess I'll start there and adjust as needed.
Monday is going to be a big day around here! That may be the day I get back on and start up week 5 again. It looks like I'm taking the rest of the week off to get well...plus the child care at the gym is closed for the holiday.

I would just run at whatever speed feels semi-comfortable. I was running around 5.5 or so in the early weeks, but as the running times get longer I have slowed down to about 5.0 mph. A lot of people seem to run in the 4's to begin with--as long as you are actually jogging it doesn't really matter! Interestingly, sometimes a slightly faster speed can be a more natural stride and seem like less work...just play w/ it until you find a speed that works for you.
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
Monday is going to be a big day around here! That may be the day I get back on and start up week 5 again. It looks like I'm taking the rest of the week off to get well...plus the child care at the gym is closed for the holiday.

I would just run at whatever speed feels semi-comfortable. I was running around 5.5 or so in the early weeks, but as the running times get longer I have slowed down to about 5.0 mph. A lot of people seem to run in the 4's to begin with--as long as you are actually jogging it doesn't really matter! Interestingly, sometimes a slightly faster speed can be a more natural stride and seem like less work...just play w/ it until you find a speed that works for you.
Ughhhhhh!!!! My treadmill just had to stop working today!! I was beginning to exercise for today and the belt totally stopped moving. Monday I was just finishing up my workout and it stalled but I thought it might have just been a glitch. Today I was barely into it for 2 minutes and it stopped. I restarted it and it did it again like a minute later. I'm so irritated! I've got to call a repairman to see if he can get here asap. I'm sure this is their busy time since everyone is starting on those New Year's resolutions and dusting off the treadmills. Oh well, if it comes down to it I can always go outside and run. Not too fun in Nebraska right now but I'm not going to give up before I even start!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:30 PM   #33  

Quote:
Ughhhhhh!!!! My treadmill just had to stop working today!! I was beginning to exercise for today and the belt totally stopped moving. Monday I was just finishing up my workout and it stalled but I thought it might have just been a glitch. Today I was barely into it for 2 minutes and it stopped. I restarted it and it did it again like a minute later. I'm so irritated! I've got to call a repairman to see if he can get here asap. I'm sure this is their busy time since everyone is starting on those New Year's resolutions and dusting off the treadmills. Oh well, if it comes down to it I can always go outside and run. Not too fun in Nebraska right now but I'm not going to give up before I even start!
OH NO!!! I hope you can get it fixed ASAP!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #34  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

UGH! That stinks! I hope you get it fixed. Also, I'd go with what Kim said as far as running speed. Do what feels most comfortable. I, too, felt like going faster was more natural but as the runs got longer I've found it easier to go slower. Sometimes I'll sprint for a minute or so in each session and I'll take the speed up to about 6.0. That's super fast for me. I'm only 5'2" and I was really moving @ 4.7 yesterday while the guy next to me (probably around 6'0") was barely moving at over 5.2! UGH!

Quote:
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default New to C25K

After reading your posts and finding the original link to C25K I think I want to give it a try, too! I've never been a long distance runner, but I like walking. Problem right now is I don't have easy access to a treadmill, but my hubby has given me the okay to buy one. I've downloaded week 1 podcast from a couple of different sites to have some variety. Does anyone know the "beats" or "pace" for each so a person could put their own "podcast" together of their favorite music? I'll let you all know when I can join in, but it will depend on when we can get a treadmill.
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 197/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Starting C25K!

I am going to start the C25K program on Saturday. I've always wanted to run/jog but have never been able to get my endurance to where it needs to be.

I am hoping to see some good results in the weight loss arena with jogging, MRC and personal training 4 days a week.

Any suggestions?
bigflittlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyink View Post
After reading your posts and finding the original link to C25K I think I want to give it a try, too! I've never been a long distance runner, but I like walking. Problem right now is I don't have easy access to a treadmill, but my hubby has given me the okay to buy one. I've downloaded week 1 podcast from a couple of different sites to have some variety. Does anyone know the "beats" or "pace" for each so a person could put their own "podcast" together of their favorite music? I'll let you all know when I can join in, but it will depend on when we can get a treadmill.
There's about 7 of us starting in the next week. We'd love to have another

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflittlef View Post
I am going to start the C25K program on Saturday. I've always wanted to run/jog but have never been able to get my endurance to where it needs to be.

I am hoping to see some good results in the weight loss arena with jogging, MRC and personal training 4 days a week.

Any suggestions?
We'll all be doing this together! You'll see some great losses with all you're doing!

My husband lubed our treadmill on Thursday since I had trouble with it. I couldn't get a repairmen to come before Tuesday so I was hoping it would work today so I could get my 3 days in this week. I went for 1/2 hour and it never stopped once. Hopefully the lubing fixed the problem. We didn't know you're supposed to lube the belt every 3 months. We've had our treadmill for about 6 years and have never done it before. One of the repairmen I talked to told us to give it a try. Looks like I'll be starting Monday as planned!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Podcasts

I still haven't gotten a treadmill yet, but still looking. Want to get just the right one I can afford, but one that I can run/jog on. Was planning on getting the Reebok at Sam's Club today, but they were all out!!!

What sites do you all go to for your Podcasts?
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #39  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I just finished Week 1 Day 1. I am so proud of myself I could cry!

I started off running a little too fast on the first time, but slowed it down a little bit for the other runs and I feel great!

I am not sure I will be able to do the whole thing in just nine weeks, but I am going to finish this.

Good luck to all of you who are starting tomorrow! I look forward to hearing how you did.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

I am starting tomorrow morning...and to be honest, I am not near as pumped as I was. I worked on taking down all the Christmas decorations today and my whole body is sore! I promised a friend I would meet her at the gym...so we will see!
BonnieMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
I am starting tomorrow morning...and to be honest, I am not near as pumped as I was. I worked on taking down all the Christmas decorations today and my whole body is sore! I promised a friend I would meet her at the gym...so we will see!
You can do it, Bonnie! I'll be starting with you tomorrow.....I'm pretty pumped! The exercise will help work out the soreness from taking down the decorations. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post

I started off running a little too fast on the first time, but slowed it down a little bit for the other runs and I feel great!

I am not sure I will be able to do the whole thing in just nine weeks, but I am going to finish this.

Good luck to all of you who are starting tomorrow! I look forward to hearing how you did.

I'm so glad it went well for you! I'll be crossing my fingers tomorrow hoping that my treadmill won't have anymore problems. I bought new running shoes and everything so hopefully I'm ready
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #43  

Quote:

Way to go, Denise! The first day might be the hardest. I think a lot of people take longer than 9 weeks to complete. Just repeat weeks as needed--it's all good for you!

Check out www.c25k.com for some podcast links.

I am going to start Week 5--again--tomorrow morning. I haven't done anything since Christmas Eve so I expect to be a little rusty tomorrow. I created a new playlist of running songs on my iPod tonight so I'm excited about that

Good luck to everyone getting ready to start tomorrow! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #44  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Just thought I would check in this morning. I have decided that my running days are most likely going to be Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but with the rest of my schedule and the need to rest in between days thats what I've got.

I am surprisingly not sore from the run yesterday. I thought I would be completely miserable.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #45  

Quote:
Just thought I would check in this morning. I have decided that my running days are most likely going to be Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but with the rest of my schedule and the need to rest in between days thats what I've got.

I am surprisingly not sore from the run yesterday. I thought I would be completely miserable.
Glad you weren't sore today, Denise!

I started today and everything went great! After looking at the schedule closer, I decided to start on Day 1 of week 3. I've been walking pretty briskly on the treadmill since Dec. 1 and ran some on Friday (2 five minute runs with walking in between) and didn't have any trouble so I thought I could handle week 3 first. My treadmill didn't stall which made me very happy! I've got to cancel the repairman I had scheduled for tomorrow.

Did you start today, Bonnie??