Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/210.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Smile New to MRC

Hello everyone. I just went for my cosultation visit today and will begin pre-conditioning tomorrow. I just have recently had a baby, 5 weeks, and really excited about starting this program. A friend of mine did this and she looks fantastic. I bought 3 of the recommended supplements but stayed away from one due to breastfeeding. Im hoping that having a support group such as this will help keep me on track. I signed up for 24 weeks and eventually hope to lose a total of 90 lbs.
andifaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #17  
Move it and lose it!!

S/C/G: 243/238/170

Height: 5'10"

I think this may be the best place for me here. I just stared something that seems very similar to MRC. It's a Michigan based company called Medical Weight Loss Clinic.

I'm on day 2 of my "cleanse" as they call it and have lost 3lbs... The cleanse is basically an orange and 2 eggs in the morning, lean red meat and salad for lunch and dinner. I can eat as much lean red meat, salad and uncooked green veggies as I like. The cleanse lasts for 3 days total.

I go for my diet and excersize class tomorrow and will start the real diet portion on Friday. MWLC also has what they call Nutrients that seem very similar to the HNS.
kristanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andifaye View Post
Hello everyone. I just went for my cosultation visit today and will begin pre-conditioning tomorrow. I just have recently had a baby, 5 weeks, and really excited about starting this program. A friend of mine did this and she looks fantastic. I bought 3 of the recommended supplements but stayed away from one due to breastfeeding. Im hoping that having a support group such as this will help keep me on track. I signed up for 24 weeks and eventually hope to lose a total of 90 lbs.
Welcome, and congratulations on your baby! Do you know if you'll be using the breastfeeding menu? I signed up w/ MRC to lose the baby weight (baby is now 18 mo's) and we're trying for #2 now. I'm curious what the BF plan is like, so please keep us posted after your food class. I'll definitley be back at MRC after having my next baby!
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/210.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
Welcome, and congratulations on your baby! Do you know if you'll be using the breastfeeding menu? I signed up w/ MRC to lose the baby weight (baby is now 18 mo's) and we're trying for #2 now. I'm curious what the BF plan is like, so please keep us posted after your food class. I'll definitley be back at MRC after having my next baby!

I'm still in the preconditioning stage, and I go to my class to get my colored menu this Friday. I will be on a different menu due to breastfeeding though. She said that it had more calories. I will let you know what they tell me on Friday. I think they just adapt one of the menus that they regularly use.
andifaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #20  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Hello everyone! I am so glad that I found this community! This is my first post! I joined MRC last Wednesday and am currently in pre-conditioning. I have my food class appt on 1/21/09 and will start my menu on the 22nd. I am a repeat MRC client. I did the diet plan in 2006 and lost 32 lbs! Unfortunately I fell off the wagon and let it run me over in the last year and a half and gained back my weight (almost all except for 2 lbs!) I decided in December that I needed to make a change for me in 2009 and lose this excess weight once and for all! I know what I did wrong....I thought I could do it on my own without the stabilization and maintenance. Once I lost the weight I didn't go back, I thought it was too expensive! I know better now! Once I lose the weight I will continue with all the steps. It is too hard a struggle to have to begin again 3 years later in almost the same boat! I re-enrolled for 10 weeks and I also purchased a couple of supplements, the MRC-6 and the Phentatrim. I am also taking flaxseed oil and chromium picolinate. I have been drinking at least 100 oz of water a day since last Thursday and have been watching my food intake (was not given a menu for pre-cond) and have cut down to 1 diet coke a day....trying to ween myself off completely. I weighed this morning and am down 7 lbs in less than a week! I can't believe the energy that I am feeling! I am very excited and am so very glad to have you wonderful people to chat with. I will need encouragement because I know how much of a struggle this can be. The last time I did it all alone. Keep up the great work everyone! Good luck on your weigh in's this week!!
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by andifaye View Post
I'm still in the preconditioning stage, and I go to my class to get my colored menu this Friday. I will be on a different menu due to breastfeeding though. She said that it had more calories. I will let you know what they tell me on Friday. I think they just adapt one of the menus that they regularly use.
Thanks, andifaye!
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #22  
Started MRC 1/12/09

S/C/G: 211/204/150

Default New - No Center Nearby

After visiting my in-laws over the holidays, I saw my husband's aunt and uncle who had lost tremendous amounts of weight on MRC. I was bummed out, however, to learn that there is no center anywhere close to where I live in Maine. So, I'm doing the plan without the center. So far so good - I was so motivated to see how those two looked that I feel like I can do it - especially with the support of all of you wonderful women out there!

My question is this: What tips do you have for those of us who are trying to do this on our own (i.e., no MRC)? I've found a couple websites of places from which to order the drinks, etc. Any other tips?
Susie1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #23  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie1974 View Post
After visiting my in-laws over the holidays, I saw my husband's aunt and uncle who had lost tremendous amounts of weight on MRC. I was bummed out, however, to learn that there is no center anywhere close to where I live in Maine. So, I'm doing the plan without the center. So far so good - I was so motivated to see how those two looked that I feel like I can do it - especially with the support of all of you wonderful women out there!

My question is this: What tips do you have for those of us who are trying to do this on our own (i.e., no MRC)? I've found a couple websites of places from which to order the drinks, etc. Any other tips?
I would make sure you take flax seed oil and a good multi vitamin.Make sure you get all your water in everyday.Remember no caffeine.Don't beat yourself up if you slip up just keep going.Good luck.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I just placed an order from Diet Direct. If you like the concentrates (vs the powders) you have to look under liquid protein to find them. I placed the order yesterday and it shipped yesterday. I got free shipping and paid 9.59 - 9.99 a box for them.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #25  
Started MRC 1/12/09

S/C/G: 211/204/150

Default Thanks

This is good to know - my aunt-in-law gave me a couple packets to start with and I definitely liked how much easier the concentrate mixed up. I'm kind of gagging down the regular powder ones...the smell gets to me.

Anyway, I'm down six pounds since I started on Monday. Day 5-10 starts tomorrow! I'm excited to keep going forward!
Susie1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 178/171/146

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

there is a bottle of MRC6 on ebay right now... maybe just find ways to buy it without a center?? Also there is a thread on here called MRC alternatives that i found VERY helpful for finding deals on things that the center sells at a mark up! hope this helps!!
LauraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #27  

Hey Everyone-

I joined MRC about 3 weeks ago and I haven't lost any weight because I have this thing for sweets and was so depressed because it was very restrictive. It is my plan to start back up full-force on Feb 1, 2009 with mild exercise. I want to say I'm so glad that I found this site because I about to just really throw in the towel and just live life as a beautiful fat girl. I don't have any health problems, I just want to be smaller and healthier and fit into a bikini when I go to the Bahamas in June 2009

Thanks also to everyone that posted recipes on the recipe thread. That was truly inspiring and now I can be restricted and still have sweet stuff. My goal is to lose 107 lbs. Wish me luck.

BikiniorBust
BikiniorBust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #28  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniorBust View Post
Hey Everyone-

I joined MRC about 3 weeks ago and I haven't lost any weight because I have this thing for sweets and was so depressed because it was very restrictive. It is my plan to start back up full-force on Feb 1, 2009 with mild exercise. I want to say I'm so glad that I found this site because I about to just really throw in the towel and just live life as a beautiful fat girl. I don't have any health problems, I just want to be smaller and healthier and fit into a bikini when I go to the Bahamas in June 2009

Thanks also to everyone that posted recipes on the recipe thread. That was truly inspiring and now I can be restricted and still have sweet stuff. My goal is to lose 107 lbs. Wish me luck.

BikiniorBust
Welcome back to the program - it might be restrictive, but like my sig line says, so is being overweight (in your case restricting you from wearing a bikini ). And this really is a healthy way to eat - you'll probably feel so much better once you get into the swing of it.

Last edited by Meemo; 01-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikiniorBust View Post
Hey Everyone-

BikiniorBust
Welcome! I find that all of the HNS drinks, bars satisfy my sweet tooth.
WorkingARMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #30  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Welcome back to the program - it might be restrictive, but like my sig line says, so is being overweight (in your case restricting you from wearing a bikini ). And this really is a healthy way to eat - you'll probably feel so much better once you get into the swing of it.
Thanks! The encourage on this site is going to make all the difference in my weight loss .
BikiniorBust is offline   Reply With Quote