Old 11-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Had my first Thanksgiving event today and passed with flying colors! I even made the d@#$ mashed potatoes this morning but I stayed 100% on plan at lunch. Had some MRC pumpkin pie for breakfast, so I got that out of my system, then for dinner I had a big plate of turkey, salad and green beans. The turkey was delicious If you're not impressed yet--I managed to feed my son all the good stuff (mashed potatoes, dressing, dinner roll, etc.) at the same time. Just goes to prove that it's allllll mental for this girl. I had made up my mind I wasn't going to blow my diet today and I really wasn't tempted. Hopefully I'll be rewarded with a good WI tomorrow!
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

We go out for Thanksgiving to a divine place. I will eat this year but in complete moderation. I am also eating less calories all week to "save up" for Thursday--also continuing with my exercise.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooPigSooie View Post
Had my first Thanksgiving event today and passed with flying colors! I even made the d@#$ mashed potatoes this morning but I stayed 100% on plan at lunch. Had some MRC pumpkin pie for breakfast, so I got that out of my system, then for dinner I had a big plate of turkey, salad and green beans. The turkey was delicious If you're not impressed yet--I managed to feed my son all the good stuff (mashed potatoes, dressing, dinner roll, etc.) at the same time. Just goes to prove that it's allllll mental for this girl. I had made up my mind I wasn't going to blow my diet today and I really wasn't tempted. Hopefully I'll be rewarded with a good WI tomorrow!
Did you do the happy dance? You should be so proud of yourself!!!
lv2ski2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #19  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Congratulations!! You are my role model for Thursday!!!
Rdy2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdy2Lose View Post
Congratulations!! You are my role model for Thursday!!!
Thursday could be a whole other story for me, hahaha. Part of my rationale for staying OP today was that I'd have another chance for yummy food at my mom's house on Thursday! Maybe I'll still be so boosted from today's victory that I'll skip the yummies that day too.

OH--and I posted this on the Take 30 thread, but I had a great NSV today when my 22 year old relative told me I looked SMOKIN'. Yeah...
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #21  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thursday could be a whole other story for me, hahaha. Part of my rationale for staying OP today was that I'd have another chance for yummy food at my mom's house on Thursday! Maybe I'll still be so boosted from today's victory that I'll skip the yummies that day too.

OH--and I posted this on the Take 30 thread, but I had a great NSV today when my 22 year old relative told me I looked SMOKIN'. Yeah...
Make a plan like you did today and try to stick with it. I like a lot of suggestions posted here like to eat OP things first and have taste of those special treats so you don't feel deprived. Then remember how close you are to your goal and remember the NSV .... that you are looking "SMOKIN'"!! Yeah you!!!
Rdy2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #22  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
That is soooo awesome that you stuck to it! I hope your next WI is before Thursday and you are rewarded with good news! You are my inspiration!

I love the Prevention dot com website. They have the Health Trackers section where you can chart your weight daily, weekly, whatever. I just printed out the past two months. Started at 165 and am now at 152.2. I LOVE seeing that line steadily going down, with a few little minor up blips! I printed it out and posted it just above my computer, on the refrigerator door, on the cupboard door, and on the bathroom mirror. Might as well visually remind myself to keep the trend going!

My goal for the week is to hit 150 by Thursday morning and be there or less on Friday morning when I go to my gym!

What you said is sooo important--that you made up your mind so you weren't tempted. Good going, Gal!
Meiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 159/159/110

Height: 4'9"

Being from the deep south, you know everything here is cooked in butter or meat fat and we have lots of sweets. My family is large-husband has 9 siblings-so Thanksgiving is a big deal. This year, I am stepping out of my comfort zone and to feed the needy on Thanksgiving. I feel like this will tire me out so bad, I won't overeat. I'll just eat my lettuce and go to bed. Only on my 3rd day today of the yellow menu so Thanksgiving Day I won't be able to have anything but the usual Lettuce and cheese!!!
South GA Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #24  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Question Post Thanksgiving

I worked really hard to stay OP on Thanksgiving and was thrilled the next morning when the scale showed a .4 pound loss! Ya-hoo! I went and worked out and gloated. But then, I hit the leftovers a little too hard and gained a pound. I'm see-sawing, so today I stuck absolutely to the plan, had extra water, a mixed fruit fiber drink, etc. It had better start going down tomorrow! I get discouraged easily and fall off.

Any advice on how to just stay on this, not think about other food?
Also, I'm going out of town for three days. How in the world will I stay OP?

Thanks!
Meiho
Meiho is offline   Reply With Quote