Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #91  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone,
I’ve been keeping up on reading the board every day but not always getting the time to post. Congrats on all the losses and NSVs!

Meemo – I’ve had the Sinvisc shots and they helped my knees for quite a while. Eventually, I had to have a partial knee replacement in each knee which has ended up being a good thing for my mobility. Good luck with your shots!!

JSTUCKLY – Still keeping you and Alex in my prayers. Hopefully you get more information soon.

namaste – CONGRATULATIONS on the 145 lb. board. You just keep chugging along! The 119 inches is quite impressive.

Gma – Congratulations on getting to maintenance! What an exciting next step in your journey!!

Last week, Monday to Monday, I had my best week so far by losing 4.5 lbs. Now I’m just 1.5 away from the 30 lb board! Not sure I’ll get there tomorrow as I’m getting close to TOM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #92  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Congrats Judy! That is so awesome. You have to stick around so we can hear how things are going! Which center do you go to?
lv2ski2004: I'm in Greeley, along with Namaste/Denise. Which center are you at? And were you the one who mentioned heading to the mountains? Where do you go? We have a condo in Silverthorne, so will be heading up this weekend to shampoo carpets and clean, in anticipation of ski season.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Hey Everyone! Been lurking lately as I have been HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I have NO IDEA what's been wrong with me lately, but I've gone off on some crazy eat a thon for the last 2 weeks. It's been insane. Just haven't been able to focus. Start off good in the morning, but by dinner, it's a free for all!!
I looked at my list again this morning of the reasons why I want to lose this weight and have vowed to recomit to this plan. I have until the end of December for my alloted time, so I really need to focus and push hard for the next 2 months to lose as much as I can by then.
Anyway, thanks for listening and I enjoy reading all of your sucesses!!
Go Denise!! Your awesome!!

Missy

Last edited by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40; 10-29-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #94  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Namaste

Wow way to go girl,,,,, Also your son looks so cute oo I mean scary
Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #95  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
I changed my goal weight to 183 so I still have a little bit to go.
I have an interesting story.... When I went in on Friday (the 24th) I weighed in at 211..... then as we were talking, we realized that it was my year anniversary at MRC, and I was at my original goal weight! Isn't that cool? I thought it was pretty neat.
That is a really interesting story. I didn't ever set an original goal weight. In fact I still haven't. No one has ever asked. I just signed up for 17 weeks which obviously won't get me to goal since I had about 120 pounds to lose.

Interesting that you have set 183 as your goal. I was toying with 185 being mine.

You are doing AMAZING!!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Hey Everyone! Been lurking lately as I have been HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! I have NO IDEA what's been wrong with me lately, but I've gone off on some crazy eat a thon for the last 2 weeks. It's been insane. Just haven't been able to focus. Start off good in the morning, but by dinner, it's a free for all!!
I looked at my list again this morning of the reasons why I want to lose this weight and have vowed to recomit to this plan. I have until the end of December for my alloted time, so I really need to focus and push hard for the next 2 months to lose as much as I can by then.
Anyway, thanks for listening and I enjoy reading all of your sucesses!!
Go Denise!! Your awesome!!

Missy
I am right there with you. I had 3 horrible weeks and gained 8 pounds. Like you I would start each day right and end with a binge. I recommitted myself this past Monday and so far I have had 2.5 days completely OP. I think when I weigh in tomorrow I should be down 3 or 4. At least I hope so.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #97  
fab4two

S/C/G: 289/277/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfatnomore View Post

That is absolutely fantastic! You go girl!
Thanks!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #98  
fab4two

Quote:
That's great! Congratulations!!
Is this your son?? If so, he is TOOOOO cute!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:52 AM   #99  
fab4two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Denise: I saw your name on the 145 lb board this morning! Way to go, girlfriend! Look how close you are to your goal.
Frankensteing/Amiri is as cute as I remember him from your peer inspiration talk. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

OK...Picture trumpets blowing as I officially end stabilization after today and start on maintenance tomorrow. YIPPEE!

I'm still not down all of my "liquor" weight from Hawaii, but I hope to get there next week. The best part was the inches lost - 59", which was 7 more inches just during stabilization! I'm only 62" tall, so that is substantial. My favorite MRC counselor spent 45 minutes with me, going over meal choices and how to take some of the things from my meals to make snacks. It doesn't look that hard, so the key part for me is just staying between the 1200 and 1500 calories a day in food. I have to keep telling myself that this is a permanent lifestyle change, so there is no way I can go back to polishing off a box of wheat thins in the evening when I'm bored. And I have to remember how important it will be to keep on exercising regularly. These posts keep me focused, so hope y'all don't mind me sticking around.

Judy
Gma to 4
Congratulations Judy!!! Way to go
Old 10-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I am right there with you. I had 3 horrible weeks and gained 8 pounds. Like you I would start each day right and end with a binge. I recommitted myself this past Monday and so far I have had 2.5 days completely OP. I think when I weigh in tomorrow I should be down 3 or 4. At least I hope so.
You can do it. I think the hardest part for me was when I had that back surgery and went off plan, it has been so hard since then to get back on track fully. I was SO dedicated before then, and now, I'm just kinda half as*ing it So far so good today, so I'm planning on taking it day by day and getting back on track. Let us know how it goes at weigh in tomorrow. We're routing for you!!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #101  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4littleboys View Post
I have lost 40 lbs in the last 12 weeks since I started MRC. I am noticing things slowing down a bit and that gets a little hard. I haven't had any "cheats" on the program because I just want to get to my goal asap. With 29 lbs to go, can I still expect some weeks with loses bigger than 1-2 lbs? Or am I probably just slowing down for good? I do have to say that I love this program and it's so worth it!
I think the slowdown is a natural process - the lower your weight, the fewer calories it takes to maintain that weight so you have less of a calorie deficit day to day. It might help to step up your exercise a bit to keep your calorie burn a little higher.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #102  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey4iu View Post
Do most of you feel like you have a lot more energy since you've been on the program? I'm 31, and feel like my energy is that of someone at least 10 years my senior. I used to have SO much energy...I'd love to know how you honestly feel...
I actually find I have much more energy when I eat on plan. Too much sugar & starch is NOT good for my blood sugar levels.

How long have you been on plan? I think sometimes the body has to do some adjusting to the new fuel mix.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #103  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4two View Post
Is this your son?? If so, he is TOOOOO cute!!!
Oh yes, that's him..... He's a cutie alright! Thank you!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #104  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I think the slowdown is a natural process - the lower your weight, the fewer calories it takes to maintain that weight so you have less of a calorie deficit day to day. It might help to step up your exercise a bit to keep your calorie burn a little higher.
You are right on, once again Meemo!

I have definitely slowed down a lot and now have had to bump my exercise up (this last week I finally decided to get servious about exercising.... it's not my favorite thing). I also have tried to increase my water intake, although I was at 100oz already....
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #105  
Em

Quote:
I went to WI on friday and was down 2 more lbs, so I got to sign the 145 lb board! We also did a body comp and I've lost 119 inches!

On Saturday, we had my son's Halloween party. Over the last couple of weeks, I had been preparing for it and it was a blast. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! I made so many treats for everyone, it was ridiculous.... but I enjoyed every minute of it. A year ago, I would have struggled through the entire thing but this year I didn't have any issues..... I didn't have one bite, lick or taste and I was able to enjoy the entire evening without guilt. Amiri (my son) is Frankenstein this year, and soooo adorable! We had a blast getting his costume ready (love thrift store shopping) and doing his makeup (he'd kill me for saying "makeup"). Anyway, believe is a pic of him!
Wow, Denise, you continue to amaze! Time for new pics!
And yes, Amiri looks adorable! (But tell him I said he looks terrifying!)
Closed Thread