Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #46  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I just got out all the sheets they gave me when I ended stabilization. They gave me 2 food exchange pages, a maintenance exchange sheet, and a 1500 calorie sheet. Our maintenance support group starts tonight, so I'll ask about the food sheet and a 1200 calorie sheet. I did go out and register on Sparkpeople, so maybe that will help. I have a hunch that part of my problem of the creeping up in weight is that I've been using the 1500 calories as a guide.

Thanks, so much, Meemo! You are really the MRC guru on 3FC! If I send you a private message, would you mind sending me the journal you mentioned to the other post?

Judy
Gma to 4
I think you're right - if I'm on 1200, 1500 doesn't sound right for your height/weight. Absolutely - PM me & I'll send that food journal.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #47  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Hi Ladies, I too have been off my wagon since the holidays. I started Stabilization just before Thanksgiving and never really followed it correctly. I kept trying to get back on track week after week but have found many things to distract me. I am at the point now where I need to get control of myself before I go back to the center because I feel like my word has been no good. I read a couple pages at the beginning of this thread and have decided since I am up around 5-7 lbs that I am going to go back to pre-conditioning like Shineon said. I hope you don't mind but I would like to check in daily with you all and I think this will help keep me on track!! GMAto4...Its never too late for a U-turn. Thanks girls for sharing your struggles, I don't feel so alone. I am going to put the icecream down and go watch the Biggest Loser for some extra motivation too and plan my meals for tomorrow. I will check in with you all tomorrow. Thanks again for listening, I needed to talk about it!
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #48  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
Hi Ladies, I too have been off my wagon since the holidays. I started Stabilization just before Thanksgiving and never really followed it correctly. I kept trying to get back on track week after week but have found many things to distract me. I am at the point now where I need to get control of myself before I go back to the center because I feel like my word has been no good. I read a couple pages at the beginning of this thread and have decided since I am up around 5-7 lbs that I am going to go back to pre-conditioning like Shineon said. I hope you don't mind but I would like to check in daily with you all and I think this will help keep me on track!! GMAto4...Its never too late for a U-turn. Thanks girls for sharing your struggles, I don't feel so alone. I am going to put the icecream down and go watch the Biggest Loser for some extra motivation too and plan my meals for tomorrow. I will check in with you all tomorrow. Thanks again for listening, I needed to talk about it!
Just remember we have a year of maintenace too! Do use the center. I think at 5-7 lbs, they might have some more reasonable suggestions for you. I think they told GMAto4 to go back to one of the maintenance weeks. I really did pack on about 18 lbs, so I was just too far gone by the time I fessed up

I did do another wi today and I hit my first plateau - so I'm going to be positive and defer to my plateau sheet. That means my fat cells have colapsed and filled with water and I'm about to start fat flushing I'm following the plan precisely so I'm going to embrace the fact that I stayed the same after 2 straight wi of 4 lb losses. My dress pants now fit again, but the size 8 are still too snug, so I can't let myself get cocky. I just need to stick to the plan and I should be back on stabilization in no time.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #49  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
1 thinner me: ShineOn is right about using the MRC center, even if you have slipped up. For me, it is the one thing that keeps me accountable. I did repeat both weeks 5 & 6 of stabilization, which really helped get me back on track. I have started writing down again what goes into my mouth each day and was shocked at how many calories I'm taking in just from adding creamer to my coffee. I've switched to skim milk with FF vanilla syrup instead, which will help me get my milk in (I'm not a big milk fan). I think it is little things like this that can really make a difference.

And just getting this thread up and running has been a blessing for me. At least I know I'm not the only one struggling. You all make me feel like I can be successful at this in spite of any slip ups or self-sabotage that I engage in. You all make me accountable, too.

Our MRC center started a stabilization/maintenance class that they will hold twice a month. There were only 2 of us at the first session this week, but I hope more will join. From the posts here and my conversations at the MRC center, there are many of us who struggle to understand our bodies and eating once we get to our goals. It makes it too easy to feel like you've failed and just give up. The first session was on the importance of exercising for both health reasons and maintaining your weight. It was really helpful in pointing out a mathematical (YUK!) equation on where you are with your weight and what your caloric input should be to maintain, using how much exercise you are getting in. I'm not a big fan of exercise, but it does reinforce how important it is. I have a desk job, so even the little extra things like using the stairs and parking farther away from the store to get more walking in (old WW tips) make a difference. They are even adding a stabilization/maintenance cooking class next week. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Hang in there! We are in this together.

Judy
Gma to 4
Gma to 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #50  
Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Just remember we have a year of maintenace too! Do use the center. I think at 5-7 lbs, they might have some more reasonable suggestions for you. I think they told GMAto4 to go back to one of the maintenance weeks. I really did pack on about 18 lbs, so I was just too far gone by the time I fessed up

I did do another wi today and I hit my first plateau - so I'm going to be positive and defer to my plateau sheet. That means my fat cells have colapsed and filled with water and I'm about to start fat flushing I'm following the plan precisely so I'm going to embrace the fact that I stayed the same after 2 straight wi of 4 lb losses. My dress pants now fit again, but the size 8 are still too snug, so I can't let myself get cocky. I just need to stick to the plan and I should be back on stabilization in no time.
ShineOn: You are so positive with this process and are one of my new inspiration role models! Glad your pants are fitting again.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 01-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #51  
Learning from Mistakes!!

Thanks Shineon and GMA to 4 for you help. I am home for my lunch break and so far have been doing great! I had a message from one of the girls at my center. They said they haven't seen me yet this year and reminded me that it is a new year and any wrong doings can be changed. I will try to get into the center tonight. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #52  
Learning from Mistakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post

Congrats for staying OP & Wooo Hooo for getting ready to flush fat. You'll be back in the size 8's before you know it.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #53  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I'm so glad we have this thread going--it's really made me feel so not alone struggling with post-holiday screw ups. I'm going to WI tomorrow which will be my first official WI of 2009. I think I will still be up from my last one, but we'll see. I am now finishing week 4 for the second time.

Judy, our center was talking about having a maintenance class and I hope it will materialize because I think it would be beneficial. Hey, then Meemo can come to it and I can finally meet her in person

Gina, you sound so positive and focused, which is a GREAT combination!

1 thinner me, I hope you are able to get to your center soon. This year of accountability that we have is a wonderful tool.

Yesterday, I had my annual physical and was my doctor pleased with me! 98 pounds lighter from my physical last year! As an added accountability, he wants me back in 6 months for a check on how maintenance is going. My friend who joined with me and has also lost about the same amount of weight is also his patient so he is thrilled to have the 2 of us starting the year a lot healthier than last year. He is now going to recommend MRC which I think is wonderful.

I will check in tomorrow after I WI!
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #54  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post

Judy, our center was talking about having a maintenance class and I hope it will materialize because I think it would be beneficial. Hey, then Meemo can come to it and I can finally meet her in person
I would definitely be there for a maintenance class! Hope they get it going - I'll try to remember to mention it next time I'm there - I might get in tomorrow for a weigh-in, I'm bad about not wanting to go in when I know there's no loss, but of course that's backwards thinking! I want SO badly to start stabilizing this month, but I keep shooting myself in the foot. Talk about fighting the program, I'm trying to turn that around now, though...

I look around every time I'm in hoping I'll see you there - maybe one day!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #55  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
ShineOn: You are so positive with this process and are one of my new inspiration role models! Glad your pants are fitting again.

Judy
Gma to 4
Thank you Judy My body released already - my home scale showed a 2 lb drop. So that was only a 3 day plateau which I'm happy with. I don't wi again until Saturday - so I'll just leave my ticker where it is.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #56  
MRC Repeat Offender

Gina, so glad that your plateau is over!

Judy, when I went to WI today I asked about the calories I would be allowed on maintenance and was told 1200. The 1500 does sound high.

Meemo, I had the manager this morning and I talked to her about the need for maintenance class/group. I hope it does happen because I think it would be another good tool.

I *finally* had my first WI of 2009 and was down 1 lb. After struggling through the holidays and trying to be good over the last week, I was really pleased to see that. I start week 5 today, adding in the fats. That's a bit scary.

I would like to lose that 1 more pound so I can sign the 100 lb board--silly, I know, but I'd like to do it.

I hope everyone else is settling back in to a more normal routine now that the holidays are over.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #57  
Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Gina, so glad that your plateau is over!

Judy, when I went to WI today I asked about the calories I would be allowed on maintenance and was told 1200. The 1500 does sound high.

Meemo, I had the manager this morning and I talked to her about the need for maintenance class/group. I hope it does happen because I think it would be another good tool.

I *finally* had my first WI of 2009 and was down 1 lb. After struggling through the holidays and trying to be good over the last week, I was really pleased to see that. I start week 5 today, adding in the fats. That's a bit scary.

I would like to lose that 1 more pound so I can sign the 100 lb board--silly, I know, but I'd like to do it.

I hope everyone else is settling back in to a more normal routine now that the holidays are over.
FINZ: Way to go on dropping another pound. With two more weeks of stabilization, that last pound is doable!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #58  
Gina

I agree with Judy and I completely understand wanting the board. It is really fun to say I've lost 100 lbs too. It just sounds so much more impressive than 90 something. My original goal was 180 & I just knew getting that close to 100 lbs lost would bug me. Now that I'm getting back to the 160's, I know that's a healthier weight for me anyway. It was hard to imagine being this size when I had been at 267 for so long. And you really should be able to lose that last pound easy in the next 2 weeks. I was still losing in the end, even with all the derailments. Remember, most people "diet" at 1200 calories. If you're exercising a lot, you may need to increase your calories so you don't blow away!! They projected mine at 1500 calories, but I never got to the official maintenance menu. Another month and I should be well into stabilization.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #59  
Gina

Nice wi today - officially down 3 lbs! I am seeing a slowing on my personal scale, but I've also started the C25K training. I know, that as my body is building muscle and retaining water from the process, I may lose slower, but it will be a great benefit in the long run. This last little spurt of the weight loss is going so much better. I'm just chugging along and not having the mental battles of the past.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #60  
MRC Repeat Offender

Gina: **YEA** Congrats on the 3lbs! I think after doing so well on the program the first time around, you just know it works and don't get stressed about it all. At least that's what I found with me. The first time around, I was always trying to manipulate it a bit, change things up but the second time, I just did it as they had it laid out, no questions! And you are right, it IS such a mental thing