Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #16  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post

MEEMO - by the way, I'm in Macon Georgia!
Ahhh - I asked because my husband is from Macon - born & raised (left there in 1973, but his family still lives there so we visit fairly often). I'm from Atlanta.

Sorry about your crummy week! Believe me, I can relate!

Last edited by Meemo; 09-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Hi all. I have been a lurker lately. Meemo I feel your pain about your granddaughter. I went throught the same thing many years ago when my sister moved home with her infant daughter and left 4 months later.

Rocki - Sounds like you had a tough week. Keep your chin up your look amazing.
Congrats on all the losses.

I "officially" went on stabilization this week. Then had a meltdown the next day. I had a long talk with a counselor yesterday and we decided that I should wait one more week to stabilize. I need to be perfectly on plan this week and then try stabilization. So of course my meal last night was totally off plan. Self -sabotauge sucks. But today is a new day. I have been perfect today. I started taking the new phentatrim and have not felt hungry all day. I need to check in here more often. I think it keeps me accountable. Thanks for all the good advice and support from everyone.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Ahhh - I asked because my husband is from Macon - born & raised (left there in 1973, but his family still lives there so we visit fairly often). I'm from Atlanta.

Sorry about your crummy week! Believe me, I can relate!
Meemo - I was raised in Griffin then lived in Atlanta for 10 years after I graduated from college. I still miss it but I am glad I am not there now. First the water shortage over the summer and now the gas shortage.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #19  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Hi All--we got back from our 9 day Colorado trip yesterday. It was really a fantastic trip--Colorado is just gorgeous this time of year. I tried to make good choices and, for the most part, I did. I did have some wine, did eat a cinnamon roll, but aside from those I just tried to stay away from starches and sweets. I ate a bar almost daily for lunch and I didn't measure my water intake, but I tried to drink as much as I could every day.

I weighed myself this morning and I am up a pound. I don't go to MRC to WI until Thursday so hopefully I will be back down a few by then. I do tend to retain water after a flight anyway.

I've changed my avatar photo and here are some taken on vacation. It was wonderful to be back in size 10s again

Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #20  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Meemo - I was raised in Griffin then lived in Atlanta for 10 years after I graduated from college. I still miss it but I am glad I am not there now. First the water shortage over the summer and now the gas shortage.
I love visiting Atlanta (my sister lives there) - so much to do, great shopping - but I wouldn't want to live there now - just way too many people. I'd like to take a week or so sometime & be a tourist there. I got married in 1973 & left there, so I guess I WOULD be a tourist at this point!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #21  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Hi All--we got back from our 9 day Colorado trip yesterday. It was really a fantastic trip--Colorado is just gorgeous this time of year. I tried to make good choices and, for the most part, I did. I did have some wine, did eat a cinnamon roll, but aside from those I just tried to stay away from starches and sweets. I ate a bar almost daily for lunch and I didn't measure my water intake, but I tried to drink as much as I could every day.

I weighed myself this morning and I am up a pound. I don't go to MRC to WI until Thursday so hopefully I will be back down a few by then. I do tend to retain water after a flight anyway.
Wow, Finz, you look GREAT! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip & if you're only up a lb immediately after returning, you really did well on that end too. Welcome back!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #22  

Quote:

I've changed my avatar photo and here are some taken on vacation. It was wonderful to be back in size 10s again

Finz - You look fantastic! Great job on maintaining on vacation!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I love visiting Atlanta (my sister lives there) - so much to do, great shopping - but I wouldn't want to live there now - just way too many people. I'd like to take a week or so sometime & be a tourist there. I got married in 1973 & left there, so I guess I WOULD be a tourist at this point!
I have 3 sisters who live there. I rarely get to do the tourist thing when I visit. I have only been gone 10 years so I still have friends to visit in addition to family.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #24  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Height: 5' 2"

HI Everyone, WOW! Lots of lossess... Congratulations to all you have lossed. You are all such an inspiration!

[B]Meemo[/B ]I know what you mean about missing baby... My son and his little family lived with me for a year before moving a few weeks ago and I am going through , "empty nest syn" all over again

SIGS Thanks for the reminder to not be beating myself up.. I needed that... by the way.. You are looking wonderful.

Fitz Welcome back! You look fantastic.. keep it up. pbolton Oh my gosh... 81 # gone... good for you! I will get excitied for myself, once I get to the 20 lb mark... I hope to do better this week. Lv2ski I could eat creamies all the time. My advisor (via phone) told me I could only have one a day... so I either have the cocoa in the am or pudding in the evening.. not easy as I really like them

Hawaii b haven't tried the Cortitrim or Cortislim. I am using the MRC 6 and not sure if it helps as I have been on it since I started... hmmm something to think about I guess. My adivisor didn't tell me about cortitrim. Does anyone know what the difference is other than the price of the mrc product?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #25  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
:c arrot:
I weighed in this morning, down 3.5 lbs. I've lost 39lbs total and hope to sign the 40lb board by Tuesday or Wednesday. Only 12.5 lbs left. My contract ends on 10/28 so I should be right on schedule for the stabalization class. Who is on stablization? What can I expect? Will I get a new menu?
1 thinner me - congratulations! I'm on week 2 of stabilization and it appears as if they give you a new menu every week. I'm hooked on HNS & they are taking it away fast! Down to 3 per day the first week, & 2 per day the second week! Week 1, I got an extra starch 3x's per week at lunch - but they are new starch choices!! Week 2, I get a fruit 3x's per week at breakfast - with new fruit choices. Bananas & grapes are back!! I've been perfect op until Friday night. We hosted a party, I provided the food I could eat - ie veggie tray Someone brought the best soft cheese and french bread . . . 1 taste lead to another and another, etc. It could have been worse, I skipped the sweets. I had wi that morning, so I have a full week before another menu swap. Just hope I didn't set myself back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleGirl View Post
To tell the truth, this was the first week that I couldn't keep myself OP...work has been miserable (I had to fire an employee yesterday that I really consider a friend...and though she put herself in the position I still am miserable and unable to sleep, etc. - I am so worried about her, but could do no more to help her and it was frankly overdue.) This threw me off plan yesterday and earlier in the week...earlier in the week I missed a few meals totally, just couldn't eat - anxiety. Then yesterday at lunch I ate at a Korean restaraunt...basically it was emotional eating b/c I was letting her go at the end of the day...then I skipped dinner b/c I was at the office until 9:30 waiting for a locksmith to change locks, etc...Tonight, I had sashimi and a small glass of wine...and edamame at dinner. And then a small ice cream cone. It's my 28th day OP...and I had been going strong until the past 72 hours. UGHHHHHH. I've GOT to get it together. The weight wasn't coming off fast to begin with...so my actions aren't helping. I know. I'm just emotionally exhausted...and I am miserable about what I had to do. Enough whining, sorry all. Rosemary
Rosemary, does your center offer the "finding the connection" series? It's wonderful and will help you stop yourself from the emotional eating. In the big picture, this slip won't hurt you as long as you get right back OP. It's one of the issues I'm dealing with too. I'm pretty good at not falling into the trap right now, but I think I will need to really guard myself from going there again once I'm not being watched so closely! I know my emotional food choices slowly got me to 267 lbs and I really don't want to go down that road again. That' s what I love about MRC, it's not just about the food, it's about the whole person.

Rocky49 - so glad to see you on-line again!! Sorry you are feeling down and working so many hours right now. I know just the cure, go get a plane ticket & take a trip to "Pleasantville" We almost have the new guest room done!! Love you bunches.

A little NSV - last night I decided to hit a few sell racks. We leave for Orlando in 5 weeks, & I don't have any shorts that fit. I ended up with 1 skirt, 2 capri's, 1 shorts & 2 shirts for $29 total! I couldn't believe the finds in the smaller sizes!! I even had to go to a size small in the shirts. I never found bargains like this in the plus sizes!! Being thin is really starting to get fun!!

Congratulations to all the "losers" this week and good luck with wi's tomorrow.

Last edited by ShineOn; 09-28-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #26  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

WooPigSooie - I think Meemo answered your questions on the cottage cheese for lunch. I use this in the smoothies to replace the typical dairy. It really makes it rich & creamy. If I'm really hungry (which I usually am), I'll eat chicken or tuna and make the smoothy with just an hns and fruit (& ice & extracts). If I'm not really hungry, I'll just throw the cottage cheese into the smoothy and drink my lunch - just grab a cucumber for the veggie. There's a lot of good combinations, I used to think I would have to use my creamy to make it taste good, but I enjoy the creamy too much. Lemon HNS with raspberry soda is good. Orange, peach mango or mixed berry HNS with water or different flavors of soda - with or without the fruit is good too. My favorite sodas to blend is (all diets) cream, grape, red raspberry, orange & of course, the chocolate soda! I'm rambling now, but most of the combo's are posted in the recipe section. Just get creative.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #27  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Hi all. I have been a lurker lately. Meemo I feel your pain about your granddaughter. I went throught the same thing many years ago when my sister moved home with her infant daughter and left 4 months later.

Rocki - Sounds like you had a tough week. Keep your chin up your look amazing.
Congrats on all the losses.

I "officially" went on stabilization this week. Then had a meltdown the next day. I had a long talk with a counselor yesterday and we decided that I should wait one more week to stabilize. I need to be perfectly on plan this week and then try stabilization. So of course my meal last night was totally off plan. Self -sabotauge sucks. But today is a new day. I have been perfect today. I started taking the new phentatrim and have not felt hungry all day. I need to check in here more often. I think it keeps me accountable. Thanks for all the good advice and support from everyone.
How many days have you been on phenyamatrim ? and do you like it I tryiee so many differnt types and I have not found one that works,
Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Rosemary, does your center offer the "finding the connection" series? It's wonderful and will help you stop yourself from the emotional eating. In the big picture, this slip won't hurt you as long as you get right back OP. It's one of the issues I'm dealing with too. I'm pretty good at not falling into the trap right now, but I think I will need to really guard myself from going there again once I'm not being watched so closely! I know my emotional food choices slowly got me to 267 lbs and I really don't want to go down that road again. That' s what I love about MRC, it's not just about the food, it's about the whole person.

Gina: I'm not sure about the Finding the Connection series, but I will definitely be asking this week. Is it a class/group thing? I haven't been to anything at my center, other than WI's of course...they haven't mentioned much about other stuff besides food classes. I'm trying to get back OP...did well today all things considered. I had a deviled egg at my mother in law's...couldn't resist. But mostly she uses mustard and pickle in the filling, and I only had one. Otherwise, OP for the day.

I know it's the slow and gradual emotional choices that sneak up on us...little by little. And I get weak when I start dropping clothing sizes (which I have already) so I get a little brave and combining that with stress is NOT good. Thanks for the suggestion about the series...I'm going to get it together tomorrow, 100%.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #29  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

You look sooo relaxed on your trip Finz!...and sooo skinny! I can't wait for those 10s...Great Pics...what a motivator you are!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Okay a question for you guys! Our center gave us recipe for Lemon poppy seed muffins and I had one for dinner do you think that is a no no b/c of the egg and cottage cheese? It did not say only for breakfast but I think it might be what do you think?
Closed Thread