Old 09-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 191.5/179/135

Height: 5'2"

Talking

I lost about 2 lbs during my preconditioning, and am just finishing my yellow menu....it hasn't been bad. The HNS are really tasty, and strangely satisfying.

My DH & I have been out to eat twice & been to a birthday party this weekend. Talk about putting myself to the test. I drank water like a fish! And, avoided the buffet at the birthday party like it was the plague.

I WI this Wednesday. I'm nervously excited, because I want to get this weight off soooo bad.

Thanks for everyone's support!

PS...the headaches are getting less frequent....went cold turkey on the caffeine when I started last Wednesday.
Racer Girl 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #47  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee77 View Post
What a bummer! I only lost 2 pounds during pre-conditioning AND through the yellow menu. Honestly my pre-cond was eating whatever I wanted for the last time, so I'm taking responsibility. There's always the next WI.
Not a bummer! 2lbs is great! You're doing awesome..keep it uP!
chriscrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #48  
One Hot Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Girl 28 View Post
I lost about 2 lbs during my preconditioning, and am just finishing my yellow menu....it hasn't been bad. The HNS are really tasty, and strangely satisfying.

My DH & I have been out to eat twice & been to a birthday party this weekend. Talk about putting myself to the test. I drank water like a fish! And, avoided the buffet at the birthday party like it was the plague.

I WI this Wednesday. I'm nervously excited, because I want to get this weight off soooo bad.

Thanks for everyone's support!

PS...the headaches are getting less frequent....went cold turkey on the caffeine when I started last Wednesday.
wow..that's some will power...I have practically quarantined myself the past week and a 1/2 so I won't be tempted! You go girl!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Just wanted to introduce myself to all. I'm starting tomorrow with the conditioning stage. Will do food class on Friday. I've spent the last weekend and today getting any cravings out of my system. I've got about 75 pounds to lose. My mom's been on the program since Mar/April and has lost 70 lbs. so I'm motivated to get started. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for everyone!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #50  
Bringing Sassy Back

S/C/G: 232/226/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to all. I'm starting tomorrow with the conditioning stage. Will do food class on Friday. I've spent the last weekend and today getting any cravings out of my system. I've got about 75 pounds to lose. My mom's been on the program since Mar/April and has lost 70 lbs. so I'm motivated to get started. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for everyone!
Hi there!!! and welcome!
This is an awesome forum, you will love it and get much info and support.

Go to the latest thread which is "Take 27" right now, you'll meet everyone else there.
SassyTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #51  
Auntie Weiz

S/C/G: 279/236/150

Quote:
KeepinOnandOn Welcome aboard! Come join us on the MRC Take 27 thread. Good luck to you. I think you will find that everyone here is freindly and very motivating.
Rocky49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #52  
One Hot Mama

Welcome Keepingon....! Good luck to you.

Sassy: Haven't talked to you in a while...how's it going? I'm about to go weigh in but am sure it won't be too great...I have a serious salt problem....I HAVE to have some good seasoning on my food i hate salt-free crap..yuck. Especially when I'm eating something I don't really want to eat, kwim? Not meaning to sound negative or anything but that really is the hardest part for me is the seasonings...I wonder if I should just try to drink more water since I know that's a problem for me?
Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm enjoying reading about all of your successes! I went to sign up today and officially started my conditioning period which I don't think will be too difficult for me. I'm not a coffee drinker and I only let myself have one diet pop a day. I do crave sugar a lot though so that will probably be my worst temptation. I'm excited about the food class on Friday. They guaranteed me to lose 72lbs. in 24 weeks. I'll be amazed if this happens. I have PCOS and am Insulin resistent which makes it really hard to lose weight but this is a very low carb diet so I'm hoping it will work!

Love this forum! My only problem is I can't get my picture to load so I went with the flower instead :0)
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #54  
Bringing Sassy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrossed View Post

Sassy: Haven't talked to you in a while...how's it going? I'm about to go weigh in but am sure it won't be too great...I have a serious salt problem....I HAVE to have some good seasoning on my food i hate salt-free crap..yuck. Especially when I'm eating something I don't really want to eat, kwim? Not meaning to sound negative or anything but that really is the hardest part for me is the seasonings...I wonder if I should just try to drink more water since I know that's a problem for me?
Have you tried Morton's light salt? that may do the trick
I'm doing o.k and staying OP. Today has been hard because I did not bring my lunch but I'm hoping a salad and an HNS will keep me from starving.
Let me know about your weigh in
Old 09-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #55  
Bringing Sassy Back

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm enjoying reading about all of your successes! I went to sign up today and officially started my conditioning period which I don't think will be too difficult for me. I'm not a coffee drinker and I only let myself have one diet pop a day. I do crave sugar a lot though so that will probably be my worst temptation. I'm excited about the food class on Friday. They guaranteed me to lose 72lbs. in 24 weeks. I'll be amazed if this happens. I have PCOS and am Insulin resistent which makes it really hard to lose weight but this is a very low carb diet so I'm hoping it will work!

Love this forum! My only problem is I can't get my picture to load so I went with the flower instead :0)
I hope this program will just do wonders for your health!

I think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can add a picture, or add a weight track ticker. Keep posting
Old 09-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #56  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I thought I hated it too until I tried the different versions of Mrs. Dash. It's actually pretty good. Also, try the sea salt - if you're going to use salt that's the recommended one to use.

Also I posted this on the recipe thread awhile back - it's a really good spice mix, does have some salt but lots of other stuff too. I keep a shakerful by the stove all the time. And you could leave off the seasoned salt or sub sea salt for it...

This is good on all kinds of things - fish, chicken, veggies, even eggs. You can sub Mrs. Dash table seasoning for the seasoned salt, but I always just used regular seasoned salt - there's so much other stuff in there that it cuts back on the amount of salt per serving (not to mention that seasoned salt itself isn't all salt).

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wings Rub

1/2 cup of Splenda
1 Tbsp Seasoned salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp celery salt
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp. cayenne or more if you like it hot

Combine everything & store in air tight container.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #57  
One Hot Mama

Meemo: Mmmmmm..that looks good...I'll have to try to make some up! Thanks so much...

Sassy: I went to the grocery store today and didn't even think about Morton's Lite....I did get some chili, onion and garlic powder, sea salt and some Mrs. Dash spicy to try...we shall see!

I was down another pound which I know is good because it was a loss...but I was still hoping for more! But I guess since I started last Tuesday 6 lbs in a week is pretty good, huh? I'll just be glad when I have like 10-15 off and feel like I'm really accomplishing something!

Onward!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Meemo: Mmmmmm..that looks good...I'll have to try to make some up! Thanks so much...

Sassy: I went to the grocery store today and didn't even think about Morton's Lite....I did get some chili, onion and garlic powder, sea salt and some Mrs. Dash spicy to try...we shall see!

I was down another pound which I know is good because it was a loss...but I was still hoping for more! But I guess since I started last Tuesday 6 lbs in a week is pretty good, huh? I'll just be glad when I have like 10-15 off and feel like I'm really accomplishing something!

Onward!
chriscrossed: 6 lbs in one week is amazing! I hope I can get similar results. I am one week into preconditioning and have lost 3 lbs on the home scale. Hopefully the center's scale will show that tomorrow

Question for the other newbies: I'm going to food class Friday night and I think I'll be starting on the yellow menu (which I haven't seen yet). We're going to a football game on Saturday (will be in stadium between 11am and 3pm) so I'm wondering if I should just wait to do Day 1 on Sunday. I can't bring food into the stadium and fried chicken is probably the best I can find inside--maybe grilled. But salad is doubtful. Those of you who have the yellow menu, what are my lunch options? I am anxious to get started, so maybe I could have a super early lunch at 10:30 and then a snack after the game. Any ideas? It's going to be hard enough not to drink alcohol before the game, let alone make good food choices!

P.S. I'm excited to see so many young moms here...I have a 14 month old boy.
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 146/120

Hello everybody I start my pre conditioning tomorrow. Wish me luck and I am also from Texas so Racer Girl 28 I am with you also a coke/caffeine freak. Please let me know how you are feeling now.

Last edited by brandid; 09-24-2008 at 07:10 PM.
brandid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #60  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee77 View Post
What a bummer! I only lost 2 pounds during pre-conditioning AND through the yellow menu. Honestly my pre-cond was eating whatever I wanted for the last time, so I'm taking responsibility. There's always the next WI.
I gained 2 during pre-conditioning, so don't feel bad. You will still do well!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote