Old 09-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #16  
Bringing Sassy Back

S/C/G: 232/226/130

Height: 5' 2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee77 View Post
Hi, fellow Texans. I'm about 150 miles north of Dallas.
I did MRC about 3 years ago and lost 26 lbs and about 53 inches in 13 weeks. I didn't do the maintenance though. I know it works so I decided to do it again. We are planning to have another baby, possibly next year. I say another baby, my babies are 15 and 12. I'm glad I found y'all. If you have any questions, let me know. Maybe I can help.
YAY! another Texan!!
I just started the program today, so I'm sure I will have lots of questions this week, thanks!!
SassyTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Girl 28 View Post
I go Wednesday evening for my class on menus. I'm really curious about what this is going to be. I have suffered the headaches, and now am achy and tired.......when will this end!???

Advice & encouragement is really needed......I love this board.....really helped me get through the weekend.
RacerGirl
Did you try to get off caffeine gradually, or cold turkey? I have to honestly say that I didn't give up my caffeine during my first go around. I did reduce my intake though, but it was going from sharing two pots of coffee in the AM to about 2-3 cups. My thought was that they didn't want my caffeinated drinks to take the place of my water intake, so I made sure that after I drank my coffee, I followed it with a glass of water. But of course I know it would be better to give it up. I will work on that this time. Regarding the menus, it depends which one you're starting with (i'm yellow). It gets easier, you can do it!
cherokee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 191.5/179/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee77 View Post
RacerGirl
Did you try to get off caffeine gradually, or cold turkey? I have to honestly say that I didn't give up my caffeine during my first go around. I did reduce my intake though, but it was going from sharing two pots of coffee in the AM to about 2-3 cups. My thought was that they didn't want my caffeinated drinks to take the place of my water intake, so I made sure that after I drank my coffee, I followed it with a glass of water. But of course I know it would be better to give it up. I will work on that this time. Regarding the menus, it depends which one you're starting with (i'm yellow). It gets easier, you can do it!
I cut down drastically. But, I normally go from coffee (all morning, through lunch) to diet coke......it's embarrasing to admit how much I drink.

I still have 1-2 cups of coffee in the morning, and then 1 diet coke later in the day. Trying to go water for all other drinks. Thanks for the encouragement!
Racer Girl 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #19  
One Hot Mama

S/C/G: 155.5/149/125

Height: 5'0

Cool

Yay! 1 day down and 3 to go till I get a new menu! Is it bad that I'm already wanting a new menu? Breakfast is good on this one..and dinner is okay, but lunch sux!

Sassy: Thanks for the compliment..I don't feel so cute anymore...that's one of the few recent pictures I have without a second chin!

Cherokee: Welcome fellow Texan! I am about 130 miles East of Dallas. Glad you are here to give us tips...I"m on yellow too and as I mentioned above hating lunch time! grrrrrr

Racer: Don't feel bad about your caffeine intake...I'm just as bad...and I had a headache this afternoon, but had no caffeine all day. Ugh!

Check in with y'all tomorrow!
chriscrossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 285/SEE TICKER/220?

Height: 6'4''

Welcome all the new faces!

WATER, WATER, WATER!!! Try to make it a goal to drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day!

That will help with the headaches from the low carb, and the caffeine withdrawls.
SchoonCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:10 AM   #21  
One Hot Mama

Thanks for the tip SchoonCR...i will have to try it out being since I WOKE UP with a headache today. Yay!. Okay off to have breakfast...my favorite on this menu! Where my girlz at?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 191.5/179/135

Height: 5'2"

Last day of preconditioning.....I go to get my menus tonight, and can't hardly wait! You guys are great, and make me feel like I'm not in this alone. I'm doing better with the caffeine withdrawls, and am feeling more energized than I have in a long time....at least a clearer mind, less fog. lol

I have about 60 lbs to lose....any suggestions on what "extras" I should start with....or if I should just go with the mandatory supplements to start.

Thanks!
Racer Girl 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #23  

Good morning everyone! Sorry I didn't check in last night. I went to bed at 8 pm. I felt really drained. But it's a new day.
About the menus. It is exciting to get a menu. For me, it was first yellow days 1-4,, then blue 5-10. Then green from there 'til goal. After the first 10 days, when you get the green, it's like there are so many choices you feel really excited and know that you can stick with it. I can't wait 'til green again! On day 11 you can have a creamy HNS. You'll understand how great this is. I always had a hot chocolate that I added to my morning coffee. It's wonderful.
Y'all (and me) are in for a treat.

Racer Girl: About supps. I use MRC6(a must), Cortitrim,flax, b6,b12,folic, guggal,Hoodia,multivitamin. There's a new appetite suppressant coming out next week to take the place of Hoodia, it' supposed to be like an herbal phen/phen.

Last edited by cherokee77; 09-03-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: addition
Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 AM   #24  
Bringing Sassy Back

Quote:
Last day of preconditioning.....I go to get my menus tonight, and can't hardly wait! You guys are great, and make me feel like I'm not in this alone. I'm doing better with the caffeine withdrawls, and am feeling more energized than I have in a long time....at least a clearer mind, less fog. lol

I have about 60 lbs to lose....any suggestions on what "extras" I should start with....or if I should just go with the mandatory supplements to start.

Thanks!
I read a lot about all of the supplements yesterday, and I think the Corti-trim is a good one and it is just like the Cortislim you can get at drugstores etc.
I bought about 7 different supplements, but when I run out I'm going to substitute the MRC brand for more affordable ones.

I'm glad you're feeling better
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #25  
Bringing Sassy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan View Post
I read a lot about all of the supplements yesterday, and I think the Corti-trim is a good one and it is just like the Cortislim you can get at drugstores etc.
I bought about 7 different supplements, but when I run out I'm going to substitute the MRC brand for more affordable ones.

I'm glad you're feeling better
I just found out you can take B6 to ease the headaches, which I got late yesterday and still had this morning.
Just took my B6
Old 09-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #26  
One Hot Mama

ugh...I need some B6! I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon. grrr... just finished a late lunch...had a salad with cucumbers and some Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing and some 2% sharp cheddar. Not to bad I guess....

Cherokee: I am SO looking forward to the next menu and especially the one that starts day 11 or 12 or whenever. I have a good friend who's about 3 weeks ahead of me on the program (jen) and she says it's not hard at all once you get there...just keep on keeping on

I went to a women's conference a couple weeks ago and I remember one of the speakers said this:

"Focus on the purpose, not the task."

Old 09-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #27  
Bringing Sassy Back

My headache is gone after taking my B6!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #28  

Hi everyone!
I went through my folder from the first time and I know I said you can have a creamy on day 11 but it is day 5 on the blue menu. Yeah.

Can someone tell me how to put the diet ticker on my profile. It's not allowing me to cut & paste. Thanks

Last edited by cherokee77; 09-04-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #29  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Thanks!
Try it with the minimal at first & see how it goes. That way you know how it's working. If you start to feel like you need a boost, you can add something later.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #30  
Katie

S/C/G: 205/198/150

Height: 5 Ft. 4 In

Hello Girls! I am also fairly new on the program. I started on August 15th and as of yesterday am down 15.1 lbs. This program works!! My main advice is to give yourself a lot of variety. Check out the recipe link and also try some of the recipes in the cookbook. This has really helped to keep me going. Chriscrossed...I liked your quote about "focus on the purpose, not the task". Good words to live by.
kclewis5606 is offline   Reply With Quote